The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

6 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Because it quoted the other post which was reported & also removed. No point in removing that post when it's still visible below. 

Someone reported my post? Lol.

Dissing a newspiece just because it was reported in a "RIGHT-WING" outlet is what I found problematic.

It wasn't an opinion piece, it wasn't "source-based" news, it is a whistle-blower who is in exile giving account of what he knows in a televised documentary, would it be become gospel-truth if it was telecasted on CNN?

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/23/coronavirus-research-grant-darpa/

A GRANT PROPOSAL written by the U.S.-based nonprofit the EcoHealth Alliance and submitted in 2018 to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, provides evidence that the group was working — or at least planning to work — on several risky areas of research. Among the scientific tasks the group described in its proposal, which was rejected by DARPA, was the creation of full-length infectious clones of bat SARS-related coronaviruses and the insertion of a tiny part of the virus known as a “proteolytic cleavage site” into bat coronaviruses. Of particular interest was a type of cleavage site able to interact with furin, an enzyme expressed in human cells.

48 minutes ago, silica said:

What's your take on this? I already have my tin foil hat on regarding the origin of this virus.

No one will ever know what actually happened 

You’ll only get to know the actual “supposed take” maybe 20-30 years from now on a web series depending on how many people from today’s world political spectrum are still alive. 

Breakthrough case in my parent's society. He most likely got infected in Mumbai at a funeral.

Person is aged and has taken both shots. Dad was surprised that even after taking 2 doses the person got infected. He has been happily roaming about thinking he is totally protected so far. Got scared for a while.

Dunno what's gonna happen and what in store in the future too. A doc recently told me that wearing a mask is what he trusts when i asked him about vaccine efficacy. Also too many cases popping up near my area. 

3 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Breakthrough case in my parent's society. He most likely got infected in Mumbai at a funeral.

Person is aged and has taken both shots. Dad was surprised that even after taking 2 doses the person got infected. He has been happily roaming about thinking he is totally protected so far. Got scared for a while.

Dunno what's gonna happen and what in store in the future too. A doc recently told me that wearing a mask is what he trusts when i asked him about vaccine efficacy. Also too many cases popping up near my area. 

What’s his condition,is it severe?!?

2 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Will let you know. I guess it has been recently detected. 

Breakthrough infections are quite common world over after the rise of delta variant. 

It’s only a cause of concern if things are getting severe all around.

So don’t panic & obviously wear masks when in a crowd. 

38 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Breakthrough infections are common. Why are you even surprised? Vaccination doesn't stop infection and we have been discussing this since last year. If you even after being regular on this thread are surprised by this, then I shudder to think what others are thinking after vaccination :fear:

46 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Breakthrough infections are common. Why are you even surprised? Vaccination doesn't stop infection and we have been discussing this since last year. If you even after being regular on this thread are surprised by this, then I shudder to think what others are thinking after vaccination :fear:

You’ll be surprised to know how short term memory the human race as a whole holds 

Once out of a bad situation the first thing our genes make us do is forget it 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I know that but it was claimed that the chance of breakthrough infection is 0.3% in case of covisheild and 0.4% in case of covaxin. 

I know of 5 or more vaccinated people who have got covid now in this month alone. Dunno how many more are there.