The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I know that but it was claimed that the chance of breakthrough infection is 0.3% in case of covisheild and 0.4% in case of covaxin. 

This was never said,you got it all wrong.

Maybe was said about mortality rate 

but even that has no proper evidence & would have been just preliminary data.

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I know that but it was claimed that the chance of breakthrough infection is 0.3% in case of covisheild and 0.4% in case of covaxin. 

I know of 5 or more vaccinated people who have got covid now in this month alone. Dunno how many more are there.

Are you talking about the numbers which were released by the govt. few months ago?

Those numbers were a mess, they didn't even know which data to use. I mentioned it over here.

Anyway, we are long way now with delta.

Vaccine is essential for protection while good quality masks and proper masking etiquette is equally important for prevention.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Are you talking about the numbers which were released by the govt. few months ago?

Those numbers were a mess, they didn't even know which data to use. I mentioned it over here.

Anyway, we are long way now with delta.

Vaccine is essential for protection while good quality masks and proper masking etiquette is equally important for prevention.

People are now living life the same as they were before the start of the pandemic. Clients look at me as though I am a nutjob because I refuse to remove my N95 in any meeting; while all of them remove their masks as soon as they enter the building.

19 minutes ago, silica said:

People are now living life the same as they were before the start of the pandemic. Clients look at me as though I am a nutjob because I refuse to remove my N95 in any meeting; while all of them remove their masks as soon as they enter the building.

Same. Whenever I go out, my friends ask me why I am wearing an N95 mask instead of the cloth ones which are much more comfortable and breathable.

ZyCov-D — the world’s first DNA vaccine — is a three-dose vaccine that will be given on day zero, day 28 and day 56. Each dose consists of two shots that are supposed to be administered on each arm, and thus, a person has to be injected with a total of six shots of this vaccine to be fully vaccinated.

This means that even if the vaccine is available for the same price as the ones currently in use, the total cost of the vaccination will be about 33 per cent higher.

The vaccine also uses a needle-free applicator or a jet injector, which pressurises liquid medication into a narrow stream that is capable of penetrating skin.

The injector has two parts — an applicator that costs Rs 90 and has to be replaced after every person, and a gun that costs Rs 30,000. The gun has to be replaced after 20,000 shots, which means that it can be used on 10,000 people since each vaccine dose consists of two shots.

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

This was expected.

You can't have needle less application without getting charged a premium.

Atleast this tweet isn't much misinforming, the Redbox handle tweeted that all 6 shots cost 30k in total. Implying a cost of 5k/shot.

That handle must be getting paid for this or had shorted Cadilla.

1 hour ago, silica said:

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Same. Whenever I go out, my friends ask me why I am wearing an N95 mask instead of the cloth ones which are much more comfortable and breathable.

Yep, same here. It's the same story everywhere. <_<

PS - When I got infected, I was wearing 2 cotton masks, face shield and gloves. Maybe it's bad luck but I had run out of N95 just the day prior. Since then I've always worn the surgical + N95 mask combo. Anytime someone asks me why I'm wearing that, I tell them this story. :P

Edited by TRMNTR

3 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

worn the surgical + N95 mask combo

If you are double masking, ensure that the sides of N95 are absolutely locked with your skin and not the surgical mask. 

I see this so often when people double mask, but the N95 is locking the surgical mask and not the skin, basically rendering it useless. 

Also, saw washed N95 masks being hung like clothes in a nearby house. :wallbash:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

If you are double masking, ensure that the sides of N95 are absolutely locked with your skin and not the surgical mask. 

I see this so often when people double mask, but the N95 is locking the surgical mask and not the skin, basically rendering it useless. 

Also, saw washed N95 masks being hung like clothes in a nearby house. :wallbash:

Does a surgical mask really add anything in terms of protection though? Or would you say an N95 mask alone is sufficient?

43 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Does a surgical mask really add anything in terms of protection though? Or would you say an N95 mask alone is sufficient?

I doubt it tbh. Either is ok, N95 is miles better. 

Bottom-line is if you're comfortable wearing a mask, you're probably doing it wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

A 30000 gun can work on 10000 people, so essentially 3rs per person per dose cost. Thats not much at all tbh.

True that means 6 rupees per person for the first dose, which probably is cheaper then using the current needle, and also eliminating the plastic waste.

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

True that means 6 rupees per person for the first dose, which probably is cheaper then using the current needle, and also eliminating the plastic waste.

A 90 rupees applicator needs to be changed as well for every person in addition to the 6 rupees per dose.

This certainly costs more than a syringe which must cost less than 1-1.5 rupees/syringe at that volume.

But the point is that this is supposed to be a painless application for the kids and hence I don't see that premium as a problem.

Their 2 dose version will given by regular syringes (when approved). Whoever complains about the price is just being an idiot.