The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

15 hours ago, Animus said:

My family (5 adults + 1 toddler) is planning a trip to Dubai during Dec end - Jan. We all are double vaccinated except the toddler.

In terms of Covid precautions what shoud I look forward to...

1) Negative RT-PCR?

2) Qurantine upon landing?

anything else?

There will be 3 tests in total.

One done not more than 48hrs before the flight.

A rapid PCR done not more than 6hrs before the flight at the airport (self-paid).

Both of these should be -ve and have a QR code.

Upon reaching Dubai, you'll have to undergo another rapid test. No need to wait for the results, you'll intimated via SMS.

If +ve, you need to quarantine for 10 days and if not, then you can enjoy your trip.

Also, flights prices to Dubai are going sky high in Dec, quite in demand.

So be ready to pay 50% for each ticket than usual.

I was planning the same trip as well but it doesn't seem worth it to pay so much extra.

15 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

A rapid PCR done not more than 6hrs before the flight at the airport (self-paid).

Upon reaching Dubai, you'll have to undergo another rapid test. No need to wait for the results, you'll intimated via SMS.

If +ve, you need to quarantine for 10 days and if not, then you can enjoy your trip.

I was planning the same trip as well but it doesn't seem worth it to pay so much extra.

Rapid RTPCR is 3200rs per person, which means ~4000 per person one side.

Coming back, one has to get paid RTPCR in Dubai, which would be expensive as sh*t.

Wanted to travel to dubai too with family but made no sense with all the restrictions & sky high prices due to expo. 

One test before arriving at airport in india, one very expensive test at the Indian airport + another one after landing over there (which is free afaik) and God forbid if any of the results turn out bad esp once you reach there you'll spend all your holiday and money on quarantine. Not worth the risk imo. Will settle for a domestic location like HP or UK till things become normal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Wanted to travel to dubai too with family but made no sense with all the restrictions & sky high prices due to expo. 

One test before arriving at airport in india, one very expensive test at the Indian airport + another one after landing over there (which is free afaik) and God forbid if any of the results turn out bad esp once you reach there you'll spend all your holiday and money on quarantine. Not worth the risk imo. Will settle for a domestic location like HP or UK till things become normal. 

Yup, the 3rd test is free.

From what I can read, double dosed (Covidshield) tourists just need to fill a tourist locator form 48hrs before travel and then need to take a Day 2 Covid test in the UK.

Some websites are saying that even Day 2 test isn't necessary but not sure, gotta wait for more clarity.

Looks like airlines are keen on making back all the money they lost in just a single season.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yup, the 3rd test is free.

From what I can read, double dosed (Covidshield) tourists just need to fill a tourist locator form 48hrs before travel and then need to take a Day 2 Covid test in the UK.

Some websites are saying that even Day 2 test isn't necessary but not sure, gotta wait for more clarity.

Looks like airlines are keen on making back all the money they lost in just a single season.

Chartered flights are now cheaper than the scheduled flights. 

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Ohh yeah, completely forget about the cost of RT-PCR test. Also yeah checked the Emirates ticket price it's is around 70k for a economy round trip ticket (this is until end of Jan).....same ticket for the month of Feb is coming for 25k. Btw...all Emirates ticket comes with a complimentary Dubai Expo one day pass.

With this, we will mostly try to go locally or save up for Dubai trip in Feb.

Any good recommendations for mask for daily use? Currently use surgical masks, usually wear a double mask if going somewhere crowded. 

Are N95 reusable? Afaik they're not.

How are the cloth masks in terms of safety? Seen a lot of the Adidas one but not sure if they're actually safe even though many of them have a snug fit.

11 minutes ago, Animus said:

Ohh yeah, completely forget about the cost of RT-PCR test. Also yeah checked the Emirates ticket price it's is around 70k for a economy round trip ticket (this is until end of Jan).....same ticket for the month of Feb is coming for 25k. Btw...all Emirates ticket comes with a complimentary Dubai Expo one day pass.

With this, we will mostly try to go locally or save up for Dubai trip in Feb.

Or maybe try and see how Singapore opens up. It's a good place as well.

Dec is generally the preferred season for Dubai because it's not extremely hot.

I went there in 2019 around Christmas and my round-trip was 24k. So definitely these airlines are charging a huge premium.

70k is still a lot though, if you can skip Emirates then it's landing around 40-45k.

Also don't forget the visa fees.

Better take this conversation to the The Travel thread.

3 hours ago, Right said:

Rapid RTPCR is 3200rs per person, which means ~4000 per person one side.

Coming back, one has to get paid RTPCR in Dubai, which would be expensive as sh*t.

Normal RTPCR in Dubai is 150-200AED range, 3000-4000rs.

So basically, 8k per person just for testing.

and god forbids if you are +ve, you will get fkd.

Edited by Right

47 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Or maybe try and see how Singapore opens up. It's a good place as well.

Dec is generally the preferred season for Dubai because it's not extremely hot.

I went there in 2019 around Christmas and my round-trip was 24k. So definitely these airlines are charging a huge premium.

70k is still a lot though, if you can skip Emirates then it's landing around 40-45k.

Also don't forget the visa fees.

Better take this conversation to the The Travel thread.

Yup!

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Lol.

Better to invest right now and plan on traveling next year.

I am not joking. I was looking to travel to the andalucian region in Spain for my vacation with friends and family.

It is literally cheaper to charter a flight than to book business class.

10 hours ago, silica said:

I am not joking. I was looking to travel to the andalucian region in Spain for my vacation with friends and family.

It is literally cheaper to charter a flight than to book business class.

Spain is so boring. Avoid. Only fat people there. I enjoyed due to all that chorizo i ate and still came back losing weight.