The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

4 hours ago, AtheK said:

this looks like a blown out of proportion case for this particular variant, I hope i am right!!!

Nope. it is not.

It is just that Viral vector has better prevention against the variant.

It will certainly cause a lot of concerns in US and countries where mRNA vaxx has been administered.

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Maharashtra seems to be the USA shown in Hollywood.. 

From pandemic surge to alien invasion (in future). Everything will start with/from Maharashtra (in India's case). 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Maharashtra seems to be the USA shown in Hollywood.. 

From pandemic surge to alien invasion (in future). Everything will start with/from Maharashtra (in India's case). 

Really hope so for alien invasion it's Maharashtra or specifically Pune.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Right said:

Nope. it is not.

It is just that Viral vector has better prevention against the variant.

It will certainly cause a lot of concerns in US and countries where mRNA vaxx has been administered.

Zindagi hai jhand phir bhi hai ghamand!!

:P

So a lot of doctors are saying that India should be the country with least worry as it has already been swayed with Delta & then vaccine doses immediately thereafter.

Don't really wona get my or any one's hope up & guard down but a lot of what they are saying makes sense.

Specially when the variant is not mutated enough to escape an RTPCR.  

Edited by AnK

16 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Travel restrictions are in place and valid from midnight.

7 day quarantine for travelers from "at risk" countries, even after a negative RTPCR test at the airport. Kinda overkill.

These countries include UK and all of Europe as well.

Now those countries will put in a reciprocal policy in place.

So basically almost back to the old arrangement. Idiotic.

Completely agree. It's almost 2 years since this stuff started, can't keep borders closed forever. This is more like the GOI wanting to avoid backlash if cases go up again. 

Also most of the stuff has become a money making scheme now. Double vaccinated citizens still need a negative rtpcr certificate traveling for domestic travels or people coming or going abroad having to do multiple tests some inside the airports which cost 4-5x times higher than the one outside. 

10 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Completely agree. It's almost 2 years since this stuff started, can't keep borders closed forever. This is more like the GOI wanting to avoid backlash if cases go up again. 

Also most of the stuff has become a money making scheme now. Double vaccinated citizens still need a negative rtpcr certificate traveling for domestic travels or people coming or going abroad having to do multiple tests some inside the airports which cost 4-5x times higher than the one outside. 

This.

Adds almost 10k/person overhead to an international trip. Possibly more.

I shifted my plans to Q1 2022 and now it seems like even that would be difficult because of all these restrictions.

Health professionals are calling for the government to drop the quarantine and at airport test requirements but obviously Govt. won't listen.

Only when the countries will start shunning us off, they will think about doing the sensible thing.

No one is asking to keep the border closed forever.p

Poverty risen out of economic downturn would kill more people than Covid could.

So being dick like Australia is not an luxury for us.

But at the same time closing borders give everyone a moment of pause and time to assess. A lot many people just want to fly in back home when there are things like these and for their own good and their families in India, it would be more helpful if they stay whereever they are.

Anyone here from Mangalore/Mangalore city know where you can get the RT-PCR test done at a lab that is approved by GoI or whatever is needed for travel?

My uncle wants to return to Mumbai and he was told he need to get the test done for him and his wife

8 hours ago, Snake said:

Anyone here from Mangalore/Mangalore city know where you can get the RT-PCR test done at a lab that is approved by GoI or whatever is needed for travel?

My uncle wants to return to Mumbai and he was told he need to get the test done for him and his wife

Tell them to travel by train or bus, no one checks or asks for neg rtpcr. Problem with mangalore airport is that they (supposedly) ask for it before boarding but if he has double vaccination certificate then they might allow. 

If he insists on still getting the test, tell him to go to the local PHC and get it done for free but the results take a time to come. & Unless he stays in mangalore city itself I don't think there are many labs that do testing and even fewer come at home and take samples. Best best is to go to wenlock (govt) or some Pvt hospital and get the test done.