The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Time to get tested son.

Will test tomorrow. Fever finally subsided after dolo 650. Was feeling incredibly cold in morning, like I was in freezer. Wearing sweater+jacket, hand gloves, socks, woolen cap, taking shawl+blanket+rajai also wasn't working. Horrible start to new year bc.

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I believe omicron will not give people a chance to asses if cases are rising at a high pace. It will suddenly hit everybody. Maharashtra govt is waiting till 10th jan to check and see how it goes. Dont think anyone is bothered anymore either. I had plans to attend a convention soon. Dunno what I am going to do. 

At some point the virus had to go through every single body anyway.

It’s how epidemiology works. 

Ppl thinking that they’ll evade it forever are just kidding themselves. 

It’s just that you need to be fully vaccinated (boosted if high risk) & need to be sure that the lethality part is taken down significantly. 

Also everyone catching it at once is really a crisis so the governments are kinda right to put some form of restrictions so that it moves easy in waves & not a tsunami. 

Rest it will be a bit of a luck factor too,if you have underlying health conditions without even knowing & are not taking appropriate measures to protect yourself…..it really is sort of bad luck. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Don't think everyone got polio or smallpox for it to be eradicated. 

Not everyone can catch HIV either. 
The type of transmission matters & it goes without saying. 

Smallpox & polio got eradicated with Vaccines too. 
It may well have touched everyone but didn’t show effects coz of the immunisation.

That’s why I mentioned vaccines & boosters. 

I am not really talking about today’s situation in particular. 

But over all for what has happened,happening & will happen. 

If someone doesn’t catch it in this wave & then it might be the next or next to next & so forth. 

At some point everyone will catch it is what I meant. 

If you get it & come out of it fine one shouldn’t have any burden on his/her chest that it could show some side effects years down the line. 

Bad side effects have mostly shown up on ppl who got really ill & were sick for longer period of times. 
It shakes up your body from within for sure if you reach the pneumonia stage. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My 30 yr old former colleague died from the virus and another friend was bed ridden for a month so not too sure about this. 

Don’t get me wrong 

I’m not really asking you to go out & mingle. 

Not doing the same. 

I’m just telling you that getting paranoid & having panic attacks even after being healthy,young & fully vaccinated is not the need of the hour right now. 

(So far) 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My 30 yr old former colleague died from the virus and another friend was bed ridden for a month so not too sure about this. 

Don’t get me wrong 

Not doing the same. 

I’m just telling you that getting paranoid & having panic attacks even after being healthy,young & fully vaccinated is not the need of the hour right now. 

(So far) 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Don’t get me wrong 

Not doing the same. 

(So far) 

I see what you did there 

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I believe omicron will not give people a chance to asses if cases are rising at a high pace. It will suddenly hit everybody. Maharashtra govt is waiting till 10th jan to check and see how it goes. Dont think anyone is bothered anymore either. I had plans to attend a convention soon. Dunno what I am going to do. 

It's already hitting everyone . 22k cases yesterday . Doubling 2/3 days . We will reach 1L before 10th Jan at this rate . 

Also Maharashtra government has already put in.lots.of restrictions and major events are either being cancelled or postponed. 

I had plans to attend IIJS (biggest jewellery exhibition in India with 10's of thousands of visitors) in Mumbai from 6th to 9th Jan . Only.those who are double vaxxd were to be allowed entry . Now the event is postponed . 

Here in MP our government is doing nothing. No one is wearing masks . Restaurants / theatres all running at full capacity.  

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I am not really talking about today’s situation in particular. 

But over all for what has happened,happening & will happen. 

If someone doesn’t catch it in this wave & then it might be the next or next to next & so forth. 

At some point everyone will catch it is what I meant. 

If you get it & come out of it fine one shouldn’t have any burden on his/her chest that it could show some side effects years down the line. 

Bad side effects have mostly shown up on ppl who got really ill & were sick for longer period of times. 
It shakes up your body from within for sure if you reach the pneumonia stage. 

Really hope it doesn't come out to be true . Our kids are still not vaxxed . And don't see all of them getting vaccinated anytime soon.  . Also effects of Omicron on non vaxxed is still not clear . 

Also not sure if we all have come out 'totally fine' after getting infected with COVID . People are taking much longer to recover from cold cough etc 8-12 days as compared to 3-5 days earlier.  

13 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

It's already hitting everyone . 22k cases yesterday . Doubling 2/3 days . We will reach 1L before 10th Jan at this rate . 

Also Maharashtra government has already put in.lots.of restrictions and major events are either being cancelled or postponed. 

I had plans to attend IIJS (biggest jewellery exhibition in India with 10's of thousands of visitors) in Mumbai from 6th to 9th Jan . Only.those who are double vaxxd were to be allowed entry . Now the event is postponed . 

Here in MP our government is doing nothing. No one is wearing masks . Restaurants / theatres all running at full capacity.  

My event is in Lucknow and with election rallies going on I dont expect UP government to cancel events. I hope government starts RT PCR mandatory rule.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

At some point the virus had to go through every single body anyway.

It’s how epidemiology works. 

Ppl thinking that they’ll evade it forever are just kidding themselves. 

It’s just that you need to be fully vaccinated (boosted if high risk) & need to be sure that the lethality part is taken down significantly. 

Also everyone catching it at once is really a crisis so the governments are kinda right to put some form of restrictions so that it moves easy in waves & not a tsunami. 

Rest it will be a bit of a luck factor too,if you have underlying health conditions without even knowing & are not taking appropriate measures to protect yourself…..it really is sort of bad luck. 

Our government can be silly with rules. Wtf is Precautionary dose 10th onwards? Just start the f**king drive already. My dad is also travelling and he could have taken the dose and then attended. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Any luck? 

Asked a few people, they stopped importing/exporting those few months ago.

And the ones they can source are obscenely priced. Trying to see if they can get a couple units for reasonable price. Will let you know if it works out.

• Like 2

No fever since last night, feeling much better. It went upto 102, then took dolo 650 and fever hasn't returned since. Cough is also reduced drastically but have congested nose now. Did Covid test in morning anyways, results will be available by night. So let's see.