The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

My elder brother and his wife are tested positive for COVID-19 (both of them are fully vaccinated). Didn't get a chance to confirm whether it's the Omicron variant or not.

My Mom who stays with them, also got tested. Thankfully, her result came back as negative.

However, she started suffering from severe stomach ache since last night and had to be rushed to the Emergency Room. Since my brother obviously couldn't take her, my wife and I had to go to their place and get her a few hours ago. We did our best to maintain distance and masked up, even in the house.

The ER doctor suspects my Mom has some gastric or pancreatic problems. Will need to go for a thorough check-up tomorrow.

We've now got her to our house, to stay with my wife and I. The last 6 hours were scary. Stay safe, everyone.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

.on top of that the commissioner is saying that there wont be a lock down. Even after crossing 20k per day

My friend's family got Covid. Not sure in Omicron or not. All are doubly vaccinated.

Loss of smell and taste, along with severe weakness, random fevers, cough and constant headache.

Rest of her family has started to recover after almost 10 days, she probably was the last one to get it and hence lagging.

The way she describes it, can't term it as "mild".

Stay safe everyone.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Loss of smell and taste, along with severe weakness, random fevers, cough and constant headache.

Sounds like Delta. No loss of smell/taste typically in Omicron.