The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Guys just found out that one of my friends is covid positive. He has dry cough, with fever that comes and goes as well as headaches.

He lives alone and is going through depression because of work and other personal stuff. I want to know if I can drop off any meds or multi vitamins to help him out.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Guys just found out that one of my friends is covid positive. He has dry cough, with fever that comes and goes as well as headaches.

He lives alone and is going through depression because of work and other personal stuff. I want to know if I can drop off any meds or multi vitamins to help him out.

Just avoid personal contact while dropping off meds and wear N95 mask. You can talk to him and counsel him on phone though. Hopefully he recovers fast. Scary that he is alone.

Also Deltacron:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/health-trends/new-covid-19-variant-deltacron-emerges-in-cyprus-all-you-need-to-know-7916531.html

Modi baba has apparently given aadesh to increase speed of children's vaccinations which makes me wonder why they weren't approved earlier. What an asinine thing to say 1 f**king week after they were just started.

19 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Just avoid personal contact while dropping off meds and wear N95 mask. You can talk to him and counsel him on phone though. Hopefully he recovers fast. Scary that he is alone.

Also Deltacron:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/health-trends/new-covid-19-variant-deltacron-emerges-in-cyprus-all-you-need-to-know-7916531.html

yeah, I’m gonna drop them at his doorstep. Will give him some movies, comics or tv shows

he hasn’t been himself after he lost his patents in the last few years

• Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Pertinent thread:

It's baffling how so many people don't understand that vaccines just reduce the risk of severe Covid and doesn't stop it completely. I had to explain this to all my relatives in Nagpur and finally they got it. They were like we are vaccinated so we won't get infection at all. WTF.

23 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

It's baffling how so many people don't understand that vaccines just reduce the risk of severe Covid and doesn't stop it completely. I had to explain this to all my relatives in Nagpur and finally they got it. They were like we are vaccinated so we won't get infection at all. WTF.

I've stopped explaining it to people now. Half of my society aunties get together in the park to play cards, everyday, without masks. Everybody feels safe since they're "vaccinated". Gave up. 

Kiddo's down. 99-103F, chills, mild cough. On doc prescribed meds and isolated in her room (or the best that can be done since there's only wifey, kiddo and me). Oh well, lets hope this is over and done quick.

• Sad 2

Guys my uncle was on a short two day trip to Karnataka. He’s has both doses as well as negative RTPCR while leaving from Mumbai.

He says the airline sent him a message saying that he needs with a negative RTPCR test or a final covid vaccination report.

Has anyone traveled there recently and can they clarify it

This is the message he got from the airline 

As per latest guidelines issued by the State of Maharashtra, it is mandatory for all customers travelling to Maharashtra to carry  RT-PCR negative reports not older than 72 hours or a Covid vaccination final certificate, issued after 2 doses of vaccination and have completed 15 days after receiving the 2nd dose. Customers travelling without a valid RT-PCR negative test report or vaccination final certificate, shall be denied boarding at the departure airport.