The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 hours ago, Right said:

What a chutiya tweet. 

The initial vaccines are made from the proteins of OG strain. We are on multiple levels of mutation now. Of course they'll not work as planned. 

There's a reason we don't have universal single vaccine against flu - viruses mutate. Hundreds of thousands a time every day. Some of them become infectious enough to overtake previously dominant strains. 

I know science is tough, but using brains isn't. 

My only gripe with Pfizer CEO's tweet is that he said the vaccine "prevents" infection. That's not correct in any way, but the vaccine has saved countless lives so far. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wow. Two ways of getting f**ked. 

Maybe the "mild" narrative will come down. 

Eh...who am I kidding ? :(

The main problem is long term consequences. We still don't know how the virus affects various organs in the long term. 

I just can't fathom why the govt wants people to get infected. Not advocating a lockdown but non essential workers should be allowed to work from home (govt/pvt offices atleast).

Just now, radicaldude said:

The main problem is long term consequences. We still don't know how the virus affects various organs in the long term. 

I just can't fathom why the govt wants people to get infected. Not advocating a lockdown but non essential workers should be allowed to work from home (govt/pvt offices atleast).

Yup, long COVID will f**k a lot of people. Governments are only concerned on economy, specially in India. Our population is high (and young) enough to allow a few lacs to be dead, and nothing much will change. Devastation of families is least of government's concern. 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yup, long COVID will f**k a lot of people. Governments are only concerned on economy, specially in India. Our population is high (and young) enough to allow a few lacs to be dead, and nothing much will change. Devastation of families is least of government's concern. 

I have read about people still experiencing brain fog and working at 70-80 percent cognition (pre covid levels) healthy young individuals. 

This is even more scary. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yup, long COVID will f**k a lot of people. 

Is there any evidence that suggests there is any such thing among ppl who didn’t get infected in lungs that lead to pneumonia & other vital organs getting affected because of that pneumonia?!? 

So far what I can make out as a layman is that most of the post Covid ailments are mostly being experienced by ppl who got pneumonia (even mild) & had to take steroids to get back up.

Ppl who were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms aren’t experiencing anything so far in my knowledge. 

Please do share if there is any knowledge or science regarding this so far,or as soon as it appears.  

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Is there any evidence that suggests there is any such thing among ppl who didn’t get infected in lungs that lead to pneumonia & other vital organs getting affected because of that pneumonia?!? 

So far what I can make out as a layman is that most of the post Covid ailments are mostly being experienced by ppl who got pneumonia (even mild) & had to take steroids to get back up.

Ppl who were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms aren’t experiencing anything so far in my knowledge. 

Please do share if there is any knowledge or science regarding this so far,or as soon as it appears.  

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

My parents and sister had Covid last year, before they took vaccines and they don't have any long term effects. All 3 had mild covid with fever lasting a day or so. 

Yep 

So far the ppl who I’ve seen getting post Covid ailments are all the ones who took steroids or were put to oxygen support because of pneumonia. 

Some were even prescribed steroids needlessly but it was an apocalyptic situation so can’t blame anyone. 

I don’t think we have any reason to believe on our own without any reference on this matter that SARS-CoV-2 will leave something behind just because it entered the body.

Influenza,Dengue,SwineFlu etc or pretty much any virus can shatter a body & have prolonged after effects if it damages the body long enough. 

But if they don’t,one can’t live in fear for the rest of his/her days that there is any long term effect to them. 

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What a chutiya tweet. 

The initial vaccines are made from the proteins of OG strain. We are on multiple levels of mutation now. Of course they'll not work as planned. 

There's a reason we don't have universal single vaccine against flu - viruses mutate. Hundreds of thousands a time every day. Some of them become infectious enough to overtake previously dominant strains. 

I know science is tough, but using brains isn't. 

My only gripe with Pfizer CEO's tweet is that he said the vaccine "prevents" infection. That's not correct in any way, but the vaccine has saved countless lives so far. 

No.

CEO of Pfizer is trying to create a confusion that Pfizer showed 100% efficacy in preventing Corona cases, a flat out lie to begin with.

And then he goes out saying that booster would be needed, both things cant be true.

My biggest f**king problem is that every man is being paid by Pfizer to be their salesman.....who are plain ignoring the failure of Pfizer in prevention and giving some stupid rhetoric. This fellow says, "India needs broader coverage so you won't have to upgrade so often", as if Astra is sh*t & Pfizer vanilla will work on all variants which are out there and those which will come in future.

FIzK51jVUAcHM3y?format=jpg&name=large

9 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

My vaccination page is showing "FLW" front line worker. I qualify for precaution dose in april lel. :P

Lel, n here I am, no dose et al! 

Fkrs gonna come up either with new dose for new variant or label it as booster dose and make it compulsory....in the meantime, my wifey is 2 dose complete, yet she got RTPCR +ve, now home fkn quarantine! SoB can't even have s!x or cost in diz chill azz atmosphere ?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Pushy said:

Lel, n here I am, no dose et al! 

Fkrs gonna come up either with new dose for new variant or label it as booster dose and make it compulsory....in the meantime, my wifey is 2 dose complete, yet she got RTPCR +ve, now home fkn quarantine! SoB can't even have s!x or cost in diz chill azz atmosphere ?

You are also FLW then why didnt you take vaccine yet? Anyway take care of bhabhiji dude :hug:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

You are also FLW then why didnt you take vaccine yet? Anyway take care of bhabhiji dude :hug:

M WFH, mui azz ain't goin out 4 good.. butt butt butt, she has 2 ? as per her hosp protocol, 7 days home quarantine ? u 2 tc m8 ?

Edited by Pushy

14 hours ago, Big Boss said:

My neighbour is doing interior work since yesterday. 3 guys will come to his house daily for the work. When we are actively trying to avoid external contact, he is inviting external contact. That too when there are 31 confirmed cases in society. 

WTF is you Society Association doing. We had 1 case 2 weeks back in our society and all deliveries and external people are banned to come inside. Only maids are allowed after a temp check. Rest all deliveries need to be collected at gate. I wished our govt was so paranoid and proactive about covid.

9 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

WTF is you Society Association doing. We had 1 case 2 weeks back in our society and all deliveries and external people are banned to come inside. Only maids are allowed after a temp check. Rest all deliveries need to be collected at gate. I wished our govt was so paranoid and proactive about covid.

Our society didn't ban maids or deliveries during peak delta wave :lol: