The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Positive here, from today! Via home kit.
cold, cough, throat pain so far…

My dad is positive too, he has had mild fever from last 3-4 days, he was isolating - I might have got it from him, wife and mom are negative (so far- a little surprised as to how)

When and If should I do a proper lab test? Could this home kit test be a false positive?  Could my mom and wife be false negative?

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Big Boss said:

My neighbour is doing interior work since yesterday. 3 guys will come to his house daily for the work. When we are actively trying to avoid external contact, he is inviting external contact. That too when there are 31 confirmed cases in society. 

Apparently you're not alone

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It doesn't do much to stop covid. The point of contact just moves from your gate to the society gate. Our society blocked it for the longest time and it did jack to stop the spread especially when several other people are moving in and out like nobody's business. Especially maids who are a massive risk factors since they pretty much go from home to home. 

It's also massively inconvenient. We order all our groceries online and amazon leaves these 20 kg hard to carry cartons at the gate. 

I know but it reduces the chances as you are not allowing those people in who have 1000 different contact points throughout city where they can carry the virus from and then leave it on the staircase support or inside the lift. By reducing the amount of contact points from hundreds throughout the society, you are limiting it to the gate so you can be extremely careful in that area whereas if you allow all those people in, you will have to be scared of every god damn surface or wall of your society. 

During peak covid, our society completely banned even maids and we were safe for one year before restrictions were relaxed and people started moving more freely. Then almost dozens of flats got covid.

9 hours ago, Rosh said:

My dad is positive too, he has had mild fever from last 3-4 days, he was isolating - I might have got it from him, wife and mom are negative (so far- a little surprised as to how)

When and If should I do a proper lab test? Could this home kit test be a false positive?  Could my mom and wife be false negative?

Can anyone shed some light ?

9 hours ago, Rosh said:

Unlikely that the home kit is showing a false positive. My wife was sick with fever, headache for the past couple of days and got the rapid antigen test at home. It turned out to be negative but we also got the RTPCR done just to be on the safer side (negative too). 

Don't panic and just isolate. The last time when I got COVID, it took me a few days to start showing symptoms after my wife. It's likely that your wife/mom have built a good immunity or that their viral payload is low that the test isn't flagging it. Just quarantine, eat well (high protein) and drink lots of fluids. Get started on antibiotics after consulting your physician. You'll be fine in the next couple of days. Do take care, man. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Unlikely that the home kit is showing a false positive. My wife was sick with fever, headache for the past couple of days and got the rapid antigen test at home. It turned out to be negative but we also got the RTPCR done just to be on the safer side (negative too). 

Don't panic and just isolate. The last time when I got COVID, it took me a few days to start showing symptoms after my wife. It's likely that your wife/mom have built a good immunity or that their viral payload is low that the test isn't flagging it. Just quarantine, eat well (high protein) and drink lots of fluids. Get started on antibiotics after consulting your physician. You'll be fine in the next couple of days. Do take care, man. 

Thanks ? 

25 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

False positive with home tests are rare. False negatives can be frequent. So positives need to isolate, negatives should get lab tested asap. 

Even if negatives are having no symptoms whatsoever? 

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I'm sitting in an online class right now, and the prof is telling us it will blow over by the end of the month, and everything is back to normal starting February :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Right said:

Fauci was a toast in senate hearing yesterday. 

Doesn’t change the fact that he’s still a 

scientist & top adviser to US since pandemic started.

Polititics aside (which I don’t really care about) 

All Scientists are pointing towards the same end game.

Stop counting asymptotic & mild cases & only focus on high risk individuals. 

2 hours ago, Right said:

Fauci was a toast in senate hearing yesterday. 

Yeah. An 81 year old guy, dealing with the likes of Rand Paul, an anti vax advocate, and millions of chutiya Americans who refuse to get vaccinated, somehow got toasted in Senate hearing. 

He's doing more good to the world at the age of 81 than you or me combined sitting as armchair activists. :lol:

Imagine dealing with the virus, the absolute sh*t a*s peeps who refuse to get vaccinated, end up in hospitals, powerful people who spin their own conspiracy theories on vaccines, the current political regime, all at the same time making policies which look at both health and economics of the country. All at the age when people end up being senile. Gem of a job, eh ?

There is never an easy line between politics, health and economics, and while idealistics would say people come first, the CDC, WHO etc. possibly deal with crazy amounts of stats daily, and know whatever they do won't be enough - causing such confusing guidelines to be issued. 

Very easy to blame someone when you're not in their shoes. 

Edit: Oh, the 81 year old guy also has to deal with shitholes who send him and his family death threats, obscene insults etc. Heck, people claiming they were on the way to kill Fauci (with live ammunition) were arrested sometime ago. I'm really really really surprised how the heck does that guy keep his calm. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. An 81 year old guy, dealing with the likes of Rand Paul, an anti vax advocate, and millions of chutiya Americans who refuse to get vaccinated, somehow got toasted in Senate hearing. 

He's doing more good to the world at the age of 81 than you or me combined sitting as armchair activists. :lol:

Imagine dealing with the virus, the absolute sh*t a*s peeps who refuse to get vaccinated, end up in hospitals, powerful people who spin their own conspiracy theories on vaccines, the current political regime, all at the same time making policies which look at both health and economics of the country. All at the age when people end up being senile. Gem of a job, eh ?

There is never an easy line between politics, health and economics, and while idealistics would say people come first, the CDC, WHO etc. possibly deal with crazy amounts of stats daily, and know whatever they do won't be enough - causing such confusing guidelines to be issued. 

Very easy to blame someone when you're not in their shoes. 

Edit: Oh, the 81 year old guy also has to deal with shitholes who send him and his family death threats, obscene insults etc. Heck, people claiming they were on the way to kill Fauci (with live ammunition) were arrested sometime ago. I'm really really really surprised how the heck does that guy keep his calm. 

But if he is not Right, he is wrong.