The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20220114/unvaccinated-teens-in-icu

Almost all teens admitted in ICU were unvaccinated.

The Pfizer vaccine prevented 94% of hospitalizations and was 98% effective in keeping the young patients out of the intensive care unit, the study said.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:36 PM, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm no anti Vax but I feel vaccines are operating at 0 or neglible efficacy like <20% right now. I and my flatmate, both double vaccinated got Covid with similar symptoms. Similar story with several other friends too. My grandpa was admitted in ICU sometime back too. 

I understand the challenges obviously but as it stands I don't believe vaccines, at least the ones in India give any protection against the virus if at all. 

I was down with covid symptoms in last week of December but recovered after 3 days but those 3 days were tough. I was gonna get tested if I didnt recover. I guess I caught the new strain but recovered since I had covid last year thus had antibodies and then i got double vaccinated too. I guess 3 exposures to virus is what you need to survive against a new strain.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/isolation-not-mandatory-for-foreign-arrivals-testing-covid-positive-authorities/articleshow/89032701.cms

Home isolation allowed for foreign arrivals testing positive. LOL. We all know how this will go. 

Explosion of cases incoming. Will lead to higher community spread.