The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

18 minutes ago, Right said:

"Apoorva Mandavilli"

Did you read the article or just spewing usual sh*t ? 

On Thursday night, the C.D.C. published additional data showing that in December, unvaccinated Americans 50 years and older were about 45 times more likely to be hospitalized than those who were vaccinated and got a third shot. 

Yet less than 40 percent of fully vaccinated Americans who are eligible for a booster shot have received one.

Friday’s results are based on three new studies led by the C.D.C. In one study, researchers analyzed hospitalizations and visits to emergency departments and urgent care clinics in 10 states from Aug. 26, 2021 to Jan. 5, 2022.

Vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization with the Omicron variant fell to just 57 percent in people who had received their second dose more than six months earlier, the authors found. A third shot restored that protection to 90 percent.

It’s unclear whether protection from the boosters might also wane as it did after two shots, noted Natalie Dean, a biostatistician at Emory University.

“We just have to recognize that all these estimates of Omicron third-dose protection are going to be people who are pretty recently boosted,” she said. “We do wonder the durability of boosters themselves.”

How the f**k are ppl even allowed to own those kinda guns in the US. 

This is just the same “Look up” movie kinda parody happening in real life. 

It’s like the easiest place to tick a civil war in the entire world. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The rtpcr swab up the nose is horrible though. I think it felt worse than the time I got my head split open in a freak accident. 

Maybe anal swabs aren't such a bad (if they don't hurt). 

Ya, I think it won't hurt as bad the nasal one does.

But can't say about those who have haemorrhoids down there.

In Switzerland they have spit test, that is the best option I guess.My nephew in his school and other kids are tested every week, imagine if it was nasal swab every week.

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

In Switzerland they have spit test, that is the best option I guess.My nephew in his school and other kids are tested every week, imagine if it was nasal swab every week.

ICMR approved saliva home test kit is available on Amazon. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

48 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

If you don’t mind, can you post the link pls? I tried searching but I couldn’t find any.

Edit: Is this the one you’re referring to? https://www.amazon.in/Angcard-Covid-19-Antigen-Saliva-Device-detection/dp/B09QCZLKTF/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=34JQIBL9WLZTJ&keywords=covid+saliva+test+kit&qid=1642869988&sprefix=covid+saliva%2Caps%2C376&sr=8-3

Edited by The Panda

3 hours ago, The Panda said:

If you don’t mind, can you post the link pls? I tried searching but I couldn’t find any.

Edit: Is this the one you’re referring to? https://www.amazon.in/Angcard-Covid-19-Antigen-Saliva-Device-detection/dp/B09QCZLKTF/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=34JQIBL9WLZTJ&keywords=covid+saliva+test+kit&qid=1642869988&sprefix=covid+saliva%2Caps%2C376&sr=8-3

Hey ! Yup. That’s the one. 

26 minutes ago, Right said:

India clocked 3.34L new cases yesterday, which is 75% of Delta peak. However, deaths (545) are 1/8 of the peak.

Now looking at the US, around the same numbers but still 2000 avg deaths.

Covishield, Covaxin Zindabad.

Aren't most deaths among the unvaccinated though?