The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

I got it second time despite being completely vaccinated. Yesterday and today have been pretty bad. Started meds today so should see some recovery. Silver lining is that my mum got it and he condition was pretty bad before I got it. She recovered in 4 days with meds at home. So I guess vaccine lets you fight faster. Keeping eye on oxygen, still decent at 98 but everything else sucks. Headache, burning eyes, throat ache, body ache and fever. Have literally no energy to even watch something. Just lying down.

• Sad 2

Think even I got it second time 10 days ago. Got slight fever, runny nose, cough and a sore throat all together. Had to take a pcm one night & fever went away. Cough stayed for a week and I took patanjali syrup which always worked for me. All other members in family also had similar symptoms.

Def not as mild as people are saying it to be. Infact first time I got it only had headache for a day then loss of taste and smell  but all other family members had no symptoms. 

2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

I got it second time despite being completely vaccinated. Yesterday and today have been pretty bad. Started meds today so should see some recovery. Silver lining is that my mum got it and he condition was pretty bad before I got it. She recovered in 4 days with meds at home. So I guess vaccine lets you fight faster. Keeping eye on oxygen, still decent at 98 but everything else sucks. Headache, burning eyes, throat ache, body ache and fever. Have literally no energy to even watch something. Just lying down.

I got all these symptoms but Covid test (RTPCR) was negative. :ranting:

Hopefully it was Covid which was undetected somehow and now I am immune :samui:

On 1/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, harjas said:

Anyone here got Sputnik?

I was admitted again(not because of covid) before getting discharged my doc allowed me for vaccine, my friends and relatives told me 1st day of covishield was horrible(worse than when they got covid) so was thinking if sputnik would have less side effects :fear:

Close to 1 billion Indians have got Covishield so it's not a big deal. I myself had a mild fever and needed a day of rest, but I know many people who went about their lives with no side effects at all.

Get whichever, getting the vaccine itself is more important than which one you choose. 

Me , my wife n kid all got COVID around 10 days back.  Wife n kid got it first and then I got it 2 days later .My son had high fever around 103 . But he recovered in 2 days and hasn't had fever since . Gave him paracetamol drops for kids only . Wife had mild fever , throat rash and weakness . Her fever went away after first day but it took around 5 days for throat rash and weakness to go away . I had asymptomatic COVID and was fine throughout.  

A lot of my relatives in Gujarat and Maharashtra got COVID . Most had mild fever and recovered in 2/3 days . Two of my Uncle's had minor lung infection and had to be admitted in hospital but are now discharged and doing fine .

But my Mausa ji got covid (78/79 yrs old) . Had to be admitted in hospital . After 5 days doctor said we need to do bypass surgery . Surgery was successful at the time . But he died the next morning :( . 

So yeah def not mild for everyone . Also people seem to forget that while Omicron is the dominant variant around - Delta variant still exists . And older people especially those with comorbidity are still at risk .

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Sad 10

40 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Me , my wife n kid all got COVID around 10 days back.  Wife n kid got it first and then I got it 2 days later .My son had high fever around 103 . But he recovered in 2 days and hasn't had fever since . Gave him paracetamol drops for kids only . Wife had mild fever , throat rash and weakness . Her fever went away after first day but it took around 5 days for throat rash and fever to go away . I had asymptomatic COVID and was fine throughout.  

A lot of my relatives in Gujarat and Maharashtra got COVID . Most had mild fever and recovered in 2/3 days . Two of my Uncle's had minor lung infection and had to be admitted in hospital but are now discharged and doing fine .

But my Mausa ji got covid (78/79 yrs old) . Had to be admitted in hospital . After 5 days doctor said we need to do bypass surgery . Surgery was successful at the time . But he died the next morning :( . 

So yeah def not mild for everyone . Also people seem to forget that while Omicron is the dominant variant around - Delta variant still exists . And older people especially those with comorbidity are still at risk .

Sorry to hear that :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, North said:

What f**king chuts. 

My wife and both kids are suffering from COVID now, and all three are in pretty bad shape. Mild Omicron my a*s. 

Worse than when wife got infected in the initial wave. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What f**king chuts. 

My wife and both kids are suffering from COVID now, and all three are in pretty bad shape. Mild Omicron my a*s. 

Already open in Maharashtra from 24th, STD 1st and above. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What f**king chuts. 

This. I had a "mild" case of omicron 2 weeks back. The fever and cough wasn't so bad but the low energy for 7 days was tough. I'm back to normal now luckily, no long covid.

Edited by Anshul
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What f**king chuts. 

It's bad. Mild covid is a wrong term. It's a severe illness which doesn't need hospitalization in most cases. Calling it mild is misleading.