The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

6 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

What's the source of 12% efficacy ?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/28/pfizer-covid-vaccine-was-just-12percent-effective-against-omicron-in-kids-5-to-11-study-finds.html

As usual, we have brain dead skeptics who will spread misinformation at every step. Pfizer had 2 groups (5-11 year olds, and 12-17), the group getting low dose had 11-12% efficacy, the one receiving higher dosing had 67% efficacy (low group received 1/3rd dosing vs 12-17 year olds). This is vs Omicron, not the previous variants against which these vaccines were anyway developed. 

In short, no, don't f**k science. f**k Twitter for condensing brain dead thoughts in 128 characters. 

• Like 7

All countries are playing politics with Covid. AFAIK - we have not gathered much data, and according to us - we don't have the highest death rate. But I don't trust that. At the same time - I also don't trust the WHO, which literally said Covid cannot spread to humans back in 2019.

I won't be  surprised if this is some way to show India in a bad light after they remained neutral in the Russia-Ukraine war or because they want to deflect attention from their own high rates of infection and/or death.

What the truth is? We may never know - because we don't test and report truthfully, and neither does the rest of the World.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

"India's COVID-19 death toll is the highest in the world, says World Health Organisation" https://twitter.com/i/events/1521028497149358087?t=Fvgn-RP5pRwYp-EV85SDhQ&s=09

And Indian government criticised this report blaming inconsistencies in data based on which these projections have been made . 

Saying "we have one of the best systems of issuing birth and death certificates in the world " . Yeah right . 

On 5/7/2022 at 2:46 PM, Krazyniks said:

And Indian government criticised this report blaming inconsistencies in data based on which these projections have been made . 

Saying "we have one of the best systems of issuing birth and death certificates in the world " . Yeah right . 

Do we have more death than reported- 100% Yes.

Do we have the highest - I honestly doubt. We would have seen people in close family die left and right. Did not happen with me.

44 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Do we have the highest - I honestly doubt. We would have seen people in close family die left and right. Did not happen with me.

Happened with my immediate family. Two cousins - their husbands, young chaps, succumbed to Covid. Dad’s sister’s husband succumbed as well. 
In my society, two families lost. Four kids orphaned. Similar stories at my in laws place. Shamshanghats had waiting of 10 hours +
Consider yourself lucky if you haven’t had any immediate loss in the family. Please don’t turn anecdotal evidence as fact. Real number of death are clearly in millions, just in India. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Happy for you that you didn't lose someone close to you . Not many were as lucky as you . Many here on IVG (including me) itself lost someone close to them. 

Also during the Second wave i didn't come across a single person who said he hadn't lost someone close or someone they knew personally .

• Like 1