The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Happened with my immediate family. Two cousins - their husbands, young chaps, succumbed to Covid. Dad’s sister’s husband succumbed as well. 
In my society, two families lost. Four kids orphaned. Similar stories at my in laws place. Shamshanghats had waiting of 10 hours +
Consider yourself lucky if you haven’t had any immediate loss in the family. Please don’t turn anecdotal evidence as fact. Real number of death are clearly in millions, just in India. 

Yep. Have a pretty long list myself. Honestly, I'm not even surprised by these numbers.

8 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Do we have more death than reported- 100% Yes.

Do we have the highest - I honestly doubt. We would have seen people in close family die left and right. Did not happen with me.

Its official!!! I finally found a guy who didn't know know anyone close to him die. 

After about a year till today, I did not know of a single guy who did not lose someone close. Like literally not a single guy in last year's Covid. It was like living in a hell. Worst time in history for me!!! 

I think my city was affected worst! Maybe your city isn't wasn't as severely affected as mine.

15 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Do we have more death than reported- 100% Yes.

Do we have the highest - I honestly doubt. We would have seen people in close family die left and right. Did not happen with me.

In my case nothing happened in the first wave . But second wave is worst for me.lost close relatives,friend's family and one case in my family where situation got out of hand but thank god everything was fine in the end

Edited by Felix the cat

15 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Happened with my immediate family. Two cousins - their husbands, young chaps, succumbed to Covid. Dad’s sister’s husband succumbed as well. 
In my society, two families lost. Four kids orphaned. Similar stories at my in laws place. Shamshanghats had waiting of 10 hours +
Consider yourself lucky if you haven’t had any immediate loss in the family. Please don’t turn anecdotal evidence as fact. Real number of death are clearly in millions, just in India. 

15 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Happy for you that you didn't lose someone close to you . Not many were as lucky as you . Many here on IVG (including me) itself lost someone close to them. 

Also during the Second wave i didn't come across a single person who said he hadn't lost someone close or someone they knew personally .

8 hours ago, dante77 said:

Its official!!! I finally found a guy who didn't know know anyone close to him die. 

After about a year till today, I did not know of a single guy who did not lose someone close. Like literally not a single guy in last year's Covid. It was like living in a hell. Worst time in history for me!!! 

I think my city was affected worst! Maybe your city isn't wasn't as severely affected as mine.

15 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Yep. Have a pretty long list myself. Honestly, I'm not even surprised by these numbers.

Sorry guys. I was wrong here. my apologies. 

• Like 4

I personally feel that its entirely likely that our numbers were underreported, but not to an extent its being portrayed at. 10 times? Unlikely. Its not like WHO has shown very clearly how they arrived at those numbers. And in India its the state governments that report the numbers and then there are various central agencies, ICMR and so on. It's tough to fudge when there are so many different sources.

Government had an incentive to report lesser numbers and WHO has its own agenda (frankly at this point the credibility of any western led institution is pretty low, they all are nothing but propaganda and strategic policy tools). The truth is somewhere in between.

P.S.- Thankfully I am one of the lucky ones who can say no close relative died of covid.

I think it's correct. 10 times or even more. You can clearly see the ground reports of news channels that are still on YouTube. 

In one of the LTs video, they showed at least 9 dead bodies in front of some hospital and it was just one place in Kanpur. Imagine total number in other places in the same city. 

They mentioned total official count given today by govt is 2 to 3. 

Govt. May not be totally at fault though. Their qualification of Corona deaths may be different and some weren't even reported. 

Without naming names, I know someone who was admitted to a government hospital (via doctor friends/relatives). There were huge lines outside the hospital, people waiting to get admitted, people dying after waiting to get oxygen and so on. People were told the hospital didn't have any beds left. When that person got discharged, they told me that most of the beds were empty as they were reserved for staff/politicians etc. The govt is capable of anything, honestly.

Contrary to this though, that person's father was admitted in a different hospital which genuinely had all beds occupied.

1 hour ago, kittoo said:

I personally feel that its entirely likely that our numbers were underreported, but not to an extent its being portrayed at. 10 times? Unlikely. Its not like WHO has shown very clearly how they arrived at those numbers. And in India its the state governments that report the numbers and then there are various central agencies, ICMR and so on. It's tough to fudge when there are so many different sources.

Government had an incentive to report lesser numbers and WHO has its own agenda (frankly at this point the credibility of any western led institution is pretty low, they all are nothing but propaganda and strategic policy tools). The truth is somewhere in between.

P.S.- Thankfully I am one of the lucky ones who can say no close relative died of covid.

It's very easily 10 times or near about . There have been multiple reports citing the same . A prominent one which comes to mind is one which was reported in Gujarat. 

65k more people died when Wave 2 caused havoc but out of those only 4.2k deaths were categorised as those causes by COVID. 3 of my relatives who died were all from Gujarat - they all died because of complications from COVID but there death certificates would say death due to mouth cancer/Lung failure/Heart attack .

There are many similar reports for other states. 

A report by ICMR suggested more than 25% people had COVID antibodies before start of second wave.  

https://www.dnaindia.com/health/report-25-percent-of-indians-have-developed-antibodies-against-covid19-reveals-icmr-serosurvey-indian-council-of-medical-research-2872490

By the end of second wave this figure had reached to 2/3rd

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-icmr-covid-fourth-serosurvey-findings-7413949/

According to the government total infections in the country in above corresponding period was 1% and 2.5% . 

20x more infections than actual numbers so deaths can be easily around 10x. 

Again not denying WHO may have agenda to portray India in bad light because of India's stance in Russia Ukraine war . 

But yes the numbers reported are believable . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

It's very easily 10 times or near about . There have been multiple reports citing the same . A prominent one which comes to mind is one which was reported in Gujarat. 

65k more people died when Wave 2 caused havoc but out of those only 4.2k deaths were categorised as those causes by COVID. 3 of my relatives who died were all from Gujarat - they all died because of complications from COVID but there death certificates would say death due to mouth cancer/Lung failure/Heart attack .

A report by ICMR suggested more than 25% people had COVID antibodies before start of second wave.  

https://www.dnaindia.com/health/report-25-percent-of-indians-have-developed-antibodies-against-covid19-reveals-icmr-serosurvey-indian-council-of-medical-research-2872490

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-icmr-covid-fourth-serosurvey-findings-7413949/

According to the government total infections in the country in above corresponding period was 1% and 2.5% . 

Again not denying WHO may have agenda to portray India in bad light because of India's stance in Russia Ukraine war . 

Anecdotes aside, I personally feel the number is somewhere in between. Not because, thankfully, no relatives of mine succumbed to the disease, but because WHO's methodology also doesn't make any sense. At the same time, I do believe government has incentive to underreport and I do see that the ground level condition was pretty bad in the second wave (depending on state).

FSSZgmJUUAA9iHf?format=jpg&name=900x900

45 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Govt. May not be totally at fault though. Their qualification of Corona deaths may be different and some weren't even reported. 

Actually they are at fault imo . When you categorise a death as non COVID (say heart attack) even though it was COVID which aggravated that condition and led to heart failure .

So yes does not count as Covid death - and the family members of the deceased are not able to claim for government support which is promised to those who died from Covid

6 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Anecdotes aside, I personally feel the number is somewhere in between. Not because, thankfully, no relatives of mine succumbed to the disease, but because WHO's methodology also doesn't make any sense. At the same time, I do believe government has incentive to underreport and I do see that the ground level condition was pretty bad in the second wave (depending on state).

FSSZgmJUUAA9iHf?format=jpg&name=900x900

Twitter handle of the writer shows how much he adores our current PM and felt Mahatma Gandhi was a privileged person . 

So should I believe this person  ( who is most likely biased towards the current government and wrote this article to save it from criticism )

Or independent reports from government agencies and medical bodies which share just facts and not their opinions .

Again no one can say for sure actual deaths due to Covid until we have data regarding total deaths in India in 2020-21 and 2021-22.  We can compare that with deaths in 2019-20 . The excess deaths in 2020-21 and 2021-22 over that 2019-20 - majority of those say 2/3 to 3/4 would and should be direct result of Covid . 

4 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Totally agree.im saying this with my own experience. I have doctors in my family .many deaths due to covid in my city were recorded under heart attacks or some other reasons just to hide the reality from public.

• 3 weeks later...