The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

38 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It was back long back. Lots of positives in my society, known etc. 

I got booster dose on Friday. Hopefully it's good enough for this wave.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/mumbai-news/maharashtra-maybe-seeing-4th-covid-wave-masks-will-soon-become-mandatory-101654419924873.html

Tv7wMsw.jpg

I ran a poll on  a gaming foum I frequent, predominently American, sample size is small but nearly 50% haven't got vaxxed.

Many of those who got vaxxed, did it cuz they could've lost their jobs

At least 6 who got vaxxed has severe side-effects, ranging from long dizziness to blood-clot.

2 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Booked a booster dose slot for the missus and I, for tomorrow. Anybody had any major issues post-taking the booster dose? I mean, compared to the first or second doses? My wife and I had some mild fever both times.

For me first dose was nightmare. Fever for 2 days. No fever in 2nd dose. Only arm pain.

Booster had no symptoms apart from minor arm pain.

Booster eligibility couldn't have come at better time. Cases have just started rising.

Office gave it for free but I couldn't bother to go there on Saturday. Any which way it's 350bucks now. 

Let's do this!

Edited by Right

5 hours ago, Right said:

Tv7wMsw.jpg

I ran a poll on  a gaming foum I frequent, predominently American, sample size is small but nearly 50% haven't got vaxxed.

At least 6 who got vaxxed has severe side-effects, ranging from long dizziness to blood-clot.

It says 25 voters. Wut?

I personally know more than 25 people living in the US (friends and relatives) and they're all vaccinated and boosted.

19 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

It says 25 voters. Wut?

I personally know more than 25 people living in the US (friends and relatives) and they're all vaccinated and boosted.

This forum has 400 odd members

Current count is Unvaxxed 20 out of 38 voted.

17 minutes ago, Right said:

This forum has 400 odd members

Current count is Unvaxxed 20 out of 38 voted.

"Sample size is small" is an understatement. :lol:

Dude, all I was trying to say there is that these polls are stupid AF. Applying the same logic, everybody in my sample size is 100% vaccinated which is also not accurate. You could be right or wrong but that poll is pretty useless.

I am taking rabies vaccine so can't take booster dose even though i was eligible and didn't take it in april end(cuz krona toh gya vro).

Ab doctor ne manna kar diya covid booster ke liye till current vaccine gets over.

July mein lunga maybe tab tak maybe fir krona chala jayega vros.

9 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

"Sample size is small" is an understatement. :lol:

Dude, all I was trying to say there is that these polls are stupid AF. Applying the same logic, everybody in my sample size is 100% vaccinated which is also not accurate. You could be right or wrong but that poll is pretty useless.

We have surveyed two different cohorts.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, Right said:

Tv7wMsw.jpg

I don't know the point you are trying to make with this poll which doesn't give accurate results. 

Edited by Krazyniks

3 hours ago, Right said:

For the millionth time, vaccine doesn't prevent infection. It reduces death and hospitalization. Majority of Americans are vaccinated. All of my colleagues/friends across several cities are. And those boosted are not taking Covid protocols seriously thinking they are Invincible, and hence catching Covid more. 

38 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

For the millionth time, vaccine doesn't prevent infection. It reduces death and hospitalization. Majority of Americans are vaccinated. All of my colleagues/friends across several cities are. And those boosted are not taking Covid protocols seriously thinking they are Invincible, and hence catching Covid more. 

Right now, we are talking about two groups, one that is double dosed, another which has double dosed+boosted.

Boosted ones cannot have double the rate of infection than those who are simply double dosed. Being careless is a virtue shared by all cohorts and it can't be considered a reason.

Finally, if vaxx didn't prevent infection, vaxxed ones would've had same infection rate as did unvaxxed, but unvaxxed have higher rate, so vaxx does prevent infection upto certain degree.

Edited by Right