The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

On 6/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, Right said:

Tv7wMsw.jpg

I ran a poll on  a gaming foum I frequent, predominently American, sample size is small but nearly 50% haven't got vaxxed.

Many of those who got vaxxed, did it cuz they could've lost their jobs

At least 6 who got vaxxed has severe side-effects, ranging from long dizziness to blood-clot.

I got clots for months after I got covid. Vaccine gave me no side effects other than a day of fever. Those clots were scary though in my recovery post covid. Randomly they used to cause sharp pain in veins at any part of the body.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

For the millionth time, vaccine doesn't prevent infection. It reduces death and hospitalization. Majority of Americans are vaccinated. All of my colleagues/friends across several cities are. And those boosted are not taking Covid protocols seriously thinking they are Invincible, and hence catching Covid more. 

Yes. It does not prevent infection but helps you fight it. My first covid lasted 2 solid weeks of agony before my recovery phase started. Second time I got covid post 2 vaccines doses, covid lasted 3-4 days max and then I was able to recover completely on 7th day. 

51 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Yes. It does not prevent infection but helps you fight it. My first covid lasted 2 solid weeks of agony before my recovery phase started. Second time I got covid post 2 vaccines doses, covid lasted 3-4 days max and then I was able to recover completely on 7th day. 

Exact same experience but that could be down to the Covid strain. Delta vs Omicron.

2 hours ago, Right said:

I would say this whole thing is pretty complex.

The general mathematics and common sense doesn't seem to work. 

FVBMj5JX0AAXBSe?format=jpg&name=large

Covid is pretty complex - with all its variants and their varying degrees of infection and how they affect individuals. 

Also i would suggest you to stop wasting your time - Everyone here is an adult who have made up their mind about being vaxxed or not . 

Your random ( uncleverly disguised) posts suggesting not to get vaxxed will always be ignored/ridiculed. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india/story/profits-pharma-companies-prevail-global-good-india-patent-waiver-covid-vaccines-1962077-2022-06-14

Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal at the thematic session in response to the pandemic and TRIPS waiver at MC 12 (ministerial conference of the World Trade Organisation) said, ”For India, our response to the pandemic would not be complete without a TRIPS waiver.“

In a session attended by all WTO members and chaired by the DG WTO, he added, ”In the course of my discussions, it has been indicated that favour was being done to the developing countries. I think it's pretty clear that rather than concern for humanity, for the hundreds of thousands of lives lost or the millions affected, it is sad that the super-profits of a few pharmaceutical companies prevail over global good.”

3 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Also i would suggest you to stop wasting your time - Everyone here is an adult who have made up their mind about being vaxxed or not . 

Your random ( uncleverly disguised) posts suggesting not to get vaxxed will always be ignored/ridiculed. 

what the hell are you even talking about.

I am totally pro-vaxxine.

But I am really not very pro-pfizer, right from efficacy to side-effects, I feel they are not very clean.

They advertised that its 95% efficient in preventing infections, then noone has answer why there are so many breakthrough cases.

While covid is quite complex, and vaccine had varied efficacy on individuals, we shouldn't stop asking questions.

And these are very basic questions.

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india/story/profits-pharma-companies-prevail-global-good-india-patent-waiver-covid-vaccines-1962077-2022-06-14

Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal at the thematic session in response to the pandemic and TRIPS waiver at MC 12 (ministerial conference of the World Trade Organisation) said, ”For India, our response to the pandemic would not be complete without a TRIPS waiver.“

In a session attended by all WTO members and chaired by the DG WTO, he added, ”In the course of my discussions, it has been indicated that favour was being done to the developing countries. I think it's pretty clear that rather than concern for humanity, for the hundreds of thousands of lives lost or the millions affected, it is sad that the super-profits of a few pharmaceutical companies prevail over global good.”

I think India shouldn't even bother "AstraZeneca have pledged to sell Covid-19 vaccine doses at a price that only covers their overall costs, at least for the duration of the pandemic" just create more production facilities across the globe which produce AZ or Vaxx which are ready for such arrangement.

6 minutes ago, Right said:

But I am really not very pro-pfizer, right from efficacy to side-effects, I feel they are not very clean.

They advertised that its 95% efficient in preventing infections, then noone has answer why there are so many breakthrough cases.

While covid is quite complex, and vaccine had varied efficacy on individuals, we shouldn't stop asking questions.

Breakthrough cases exist for all vaccines -- they always will. Efficacy is only relevant to the sample size at the time. Since then, the virus has mutated millions/billions of times. We have a good number of vaccinated people in India yet we have a lot of positive cases (including unofficial ones). We're currently seeing multiple cases in our office everyday.

28 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Breakthrough cases exist for all vaccines -- they always will. Efficacy is only relevant to the sample size at the time. Since then, the virus has mutated millions/billions of times. We have a good number of vaccinated people in India yet we have a lot of positive cases (including unofficial ones). We're currently seeing multiple cases in our office everyday.

We see 0-1 cases every month in my office too, all double vaxxed. But its nowhere near to how it was in Apr-May 2021 or earlier.

I'm pretty sure COVISHIELD and Covaxin have close to advertised efficacy and prevention.

1 hour ago, Right said:

You want to ask a question about a vaccine selling in US mostly on a gaming forum in India ? Granted we have few members here living in US.  But it's still mostly those living in India.   

1 hour ago, Right said:

We see 0-1 cases every month in my office too, all double vaxxed. But its nowhere near to how it was in Apr-May 2021 or earlier.

I'm pretty sure COVISHIELD and Covaxin have close to advertised efficacy and prevention.

We have multiple cases in our office and most people don't bother getting tested.

24 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

You want to ask a question about a vaccine selling in US mostly on a gaming forum in India ? Granted we have few members here living in US.  But it's still mostly those living in India.   

Forget about it 

11 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

We have multiple cases in our office and most people don't bother getting tested.

Yeah that's another thing, but in my office upto 2 tests per month are free to everyone, they usually avail them.

• 3 weeks later...