The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

21 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Parents again got Covid. First dad got fever on Thursday, then mom got fever last night. Dad tested positive on Saturday, no fever since Sunday morning. Wife again escaped because she went to home town for Mahalakshmi/Ganpati. I don't have any symptoms yet. I hate this sh*t. 

Damn man. Wishing your parents a speedy recovery. Stay strong brother.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 9:02 PM, Big Boss said:

Parents again got Covid. First dad got fever on Thursday, then mom got fever last night. Dad tested positive on Saturday, no fever since Sunday morning. Wife again escaped because she went to home town for Mahalakshmi/Ganpati. I don't have any symptoms yet. I hate this sh*t. 

Wishing them speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Thanks all. Father is recovered completely. Mother is much better now. Still has cough and sore throat, and fever of 99. No symptoms for me yet. This is definitely worse than delta. They barely had any symptoms during that time. Just fever for 1-2 days and that's it.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 11:08 PM, Big Boss said:

Thanks all. Father is recovered completely. Mother is much better now. Still has cough and sore throat, and fever of 99. No symptoms for me yet. This is definitely worse than delta. They barely had any symptoms during that time. Just fever for 1-2 days and that's it.

It's definitely worse than Delta. My uncle tested +ve recently and he couldn't talk or even eat due to severe throat pain. Extreme fatigue and body pains too.

Glad to hear your father has recovered! Hope your mother recovers quickly too!

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

It's definitely worse than Delta. My uncle tested +ve recently and he couldn't talk or even eat due to severe throat pain. Extreme fatigue and body pains too.

Glad to hear your father has recovered! Hope your mother recovers quickly too!

Yes she is almost fine too now. Just some throat pain. They will isolate for few more days to make sure I don't catch it.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 11:08 PM, Big Boss said:

Great to hear. Hope your mom recovers quickly. A question - have all of you taken 2 doses or 3 including a booster dose?

51 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Great to hear. Hope your mom recovers quickly. A question - have all of you taken 2 doses or 3 including a booster dose?

I have taken booster, parents were infected in 2021, then took 2 doses. They were planning to get booster this week or next week. I guess now that's delayed for 3 months or so.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Max Pain said:

How accurate are covid saliva tests? My dad seems to have symptoms, but the saliva test showed negative. Swab test tomorrow to make sure. Also, he is sneezing a lot and is complaining about fever with chills. Could it just be an allergy?

Not very accurate in my personal experience. Dad had covid but test was negative. However, in my case it was positive in the home test as well as the rtpcr. So no they aren’t accurate the only way to know for sure is rtpcr. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Pain said:

How accurate are covid saliva tests? My dad seems to have symptoms, but the saliva test showed negative. Swab test tomorrow to make sure. Also, he is sneezing a lot and is complaining about fever with chills. Could it just be an allergy?

Fever with chills can be anything, for me it was uti- even though I thought it’s covid, after covid consider other tests after consulting a doctor…

hope he recovers soon!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Max Pain said:

Hope he's better soon!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuperT said:

Wishing him a speedy recovery. 

9 hours ago, Walker said:

Hope he's better soon!

12 hours ago, Rosh said:

Fever with chills can be anything, for me it was uti- even though I thought it’s covid, after covid consider other tests after consulting a doctor…

hope he recovers soon!

Thank you guys! He's doing slightly better now. No shortness of breath or fatigue like last night.

Regarding tests, my aunt who is a doctor also suggested some tests. Will get them done tomorrow.

Edited by Max Pain

1 hour ago, Max Pain said:

Report just came in, my father tested positive. My mother has runny nose too now.

Wishing them speedy recovery. Isolate them to avoid you getting infected. It's just like viral this time, should be over in 2-3 days, just need to control fever by paracetamol, but they can infect you for up to 7 days after symptoms. My parents are out of isolation. Luckily I again avoided infection.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Wishing them speedy recovery. Isolate them to avoid you getting infected. It's just like viral this time, should be over in 2-3 days, just need to control fever by paracetamol, but they can infect you for up to 7 days after symptoms. My parents are out of isolation. Luckily I again avoided infection.

Thank you! They are in isolation now. My aunt also suggested only paracetamol for now. Hope everything will be alright!

• Like 1