The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

46 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

All this Vaccine good/not-good talk is confusing me.

I need to take a booster now. So, is it okay to take the Pfizer or Moderna? 

Or is it safer/better to take Covishield(AstraZeneca) at this point? 

If you had Covishield or Covaxin, take.booster of them only.

Stay away from mRNA

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Which vaccine you took for the first 2 doses? It is suggested to take the same but if you are worried then IVG is not the place to ask this, please consult a medical practitioner with speciality in immunization.

Covishield. My doctors actually suggested holding off from going for any further boosters, saying its not really required at this point.

17 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Covishield. My doctors actually suggested holding off from going for any further boosters, saying its not really required at this point.

I personally took the 3rd dose of Covidshield. 

I understand that it seems that there is no need for it but no harm either, right?

• 3 weeks later...

I see any tweet related to people dying due to cardiac arrest, and there are many Indian people blaming the vaccines in replies. Why don't they consider the possibility that Covid and it's after effects are responsible? It's baffling. Tiredness and fatigue is most common after effect of Covid, but people are not blaming Covid for cardiac arrests. Weird.

13 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I see any tweet related to people dying due to cardiac arrest, and there are many Indian people blaming the vaccines in replies. Why don't they consider the possibility that Covid and it's after effects are responsible? It's baffling. Tiredness and fatigue is most common after effect of Covid, but people are not blaming Covid for cardiac arrests. Weird.

Myocarditis has been seen in very young people <18 after they took mRNA.

Let's be open to all possibilities.

11 hours ago, Right said:

Myocarditis has been seen in very young people <18 after they took mRNA.

Let's be open to all possibilities.

But no one in India took mRNA.

Edited by Big Boss

22 hours ago, Big Boss said:

But no one in India too mRNA.

AstraZeneca is associated with a small increased risk of myocarditis and pericarditis, though this risk appears lower than with Moderna or Pfizer. Myocarditis and/or pericarditis can occur after Novavax. A small number of cases of have been reported in the clinical trial and in Australia.

13 minutes ago, Right said:

AstraZeneca is associated with a small increased risk of myocarditis and pericarditis, though this risk appears lower than with Moderna or Pfizer. Myocarditis and/or pericarditis can occur after Novavax. A small number of cases of have been reported in the clinical trial and in Australia.

Covid itself can cause mycarditis as mentioned in this article. So why people are so easy to blame vaccines rather than Covid itself which is disease with symptoms rather than a vaccine? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7199677/

I just find it borderline retarded when people jump to blame the vaccine for symptoms rather than disease itself.

Edited by Big Boss

27 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Covid itself can cause mycarditis as mentioned in this article. So why people are so easy to blame vaccines rather than Covid itself which is disease with symptoms rather than a vaccine? 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7199677/

I just find it borderline retarded when people jump to blame the vaccine for symptoms rather than disease itself.

I don't deny that Covid and especially long covid make individuals vulnerable for Cardiovascular disease.

But one has to (a) get infected and (b) extremely unlucky.

Different way to put this in perspective --

a year from now, let's say a group of 1000 ppl turns 18, chances of them getting covid in the wild, would be very less. Let's say 5% (which is on higher side) or 50ppl, let's say 10% of them get cardiovascular issues, that will be 5 ppl out of 1000!

Now let's say, same group of ppl would get vaccinated on their 18th birthday.  Apply this same 10% chance for Cardiovascular issues, and you would realise 100 ppl out of 1000 risk myocarditis.

44 minutes ago, Right said:

I don't deny that Covid and especially long covid make individuals vulnerable for Cardiovascular disease.

a year from now, let's say a group of 1000 ppl turns 18, chances of them getting covid in the wild, would be very less. Let's say 5% (which is on higher side) or 50ppl, let's say 10% of them get cardiovascular issues, that will be 5 ppl out of 1000!

Now let's say, same group of ppl would get vaccinated on their 18th birthday.  Apply this same 10% chance for Cardiovascular issues, and you would realise 100 ppl out of 1000 risk myocarditis.

Almost everyone in the world has got infected by Covid by now. Some even twice or thrice. So if they get cardiovascular issues, why would vaccines be considered as the reason over Covid? It's baffling and defies common sense.

5 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Almost everyone in the world has got infected by Covid by now. Some even twice or thrice. So if they get cardiovascular issues, why would vaccines be considered as the reason over Covid? It's baffling and defies common sense.

Not sure if how much true that is 

But yes Virus has passed through a lot lot many human being than what is reported.

8 hours ago, Right said:

This is what happens when you learn maths and stats from Byjus. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Right said:

Different kind of PANDEMIC going on in Delhi.

FK this is terrible.

Diwali to gayi bhai. What will be blamed now? Where are the two faced enviornmentalist now? Its mostly related to stubble burning in punjab but politics.

Also i thought smog towers were installed last time to counter some effects. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/delhi-air-quality-severe-farm-fire-cases-in-punjab-haryana-stubble-burning-ncr-aqi-2292079-2022-11-01

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/delhi-aqi-satellite-images-show-how-farm-fires-are-hurting-ncr-air-quality/videoshow/95281367.cms

10 hours ago, abhi90 said:

The people are the ones who suffer because of dirty politics :(

9 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Diwali to gayi bhai. What will be blamed now? Where are the two faced enviornmentalist now? Its mostly related to stubble burning in punjab but politics.

Also i thought smog towers were installed last time to counter some effects. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/delhi-air-quality-severe-farm-fire-cases-in-punjab-haryana-stubble-burning-ncr-aqi-2292079-2022-11-01

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/india/delhi-aqi-satellite-images-show-how-farm-fires-are-hurting-ncr-air-quality/videoshow/95281367.cms

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/12191-law-aiding-monsanto-reason-delhi-s-annual-smoke-season