The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

14 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Account on why she fainted..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article247944385.html

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Very common. We see it at least once or twice a week. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:20 PM, adity said:

I've honestly turned into the a**hole I used to whine about. Had to go to my native town for some emergency and it was so mind numbingly unsafe, I kinda warmed up to going out more and was dying to get out anyways. I hit the bar 4-5 times since then. 

Yeah. I've been so careful but I went to three different hookah bars with mates the past weekend.

Loud music, no masks and full smoke :fear1:

(to be fair, it was a birthday I could not miss)

70%-80% Drop In Participation For Phase 3 Trials Of Covaxin: Official

"People are unwilling to participate in the trial because they think that a vaccine is coming for everyone soon. AIIMS Delhi needs 1,500- 2,000 participants for phase-3 trial of Covaxin, but only 200 have enrolled so far," Dr Rai told NDTV.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Has anyone flown from Maharashtra to Karnataka and back? Do they make you get tested or quarantine or anything?

Nope, no testing or quarantine...my buddy just went to his parents house and back

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

Have you watched Scrubs (the TV series)? 

If so that disease that JD gets, where he faints when he poops; is that a legit possible issue someone can have? 

If you strain quite a bit, yeah. Generally seen with those who have constipation. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Holy sh*t:

"Some people say I'm giving a bad example. But to the imbeciles, to the idiots that say this, I tell them I've already caught the virus, I have the antibodies, so why get vaccinated?"

What a hardass :rofl:

5 minutes ago, hope said:

Chee Lolping should just go to Pakistan. 
Wait woh toh uska sasural hi hai :wallbash:

I'm kind of used to seeing people with their masks around their chin now. I've begun to accept it and shut up. But I lost it again today. 

I'm at the pharmacy picking up meds. There's this lady in front of me who's taking time because her card wouldnt swipe or some issue with the machine. Lady behind me who's mask is below her chin is really impatient and finally says rudely something to the effect, these illiterate people are like this only etc etc and kept going on and on about it. I finally got pissed and turned around.

Me : yeah how difficult it must be for them to understand how it must be affecting educated people who have to stand in line in closed areas with their masks around their chin.

Lady immediately pulls her mask up

The f**king gall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Something similar in South Africa. Dangerous for young people too.

https://m.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/new-coronavirus-strain-discovered-in-south-africa-more-severe-than-previous-variants.html?fbclid=IwAR0HQTbY5kJQ0TwH64CWLaSwft3J3XyI6JJpg-3z_S3tFBPJdjDFs794U74

This ain't over yet and here to stay for some more time. Gotta stop risking it and make arrangements so that I don't have to go and meet people without a strong reason to do so.

I spent one whole day with a previously Covid positive person. He came from Gujrat so was carrying a negative report. I am more scared of people I came in contact with at the various government offices we visited :fear:

Even dined with him at a restaurant :fear:

8 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Something similar in South Africa. Dangerous for young people too.

https://m.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/new-coronavirus-strain-discovered-in-south-africa-more-severe-than-previous-variants.html?fbclid=IwAR0HQTbY5kJQ0TwH64CWLaSwft3J3XyI6JJpg-3z_S3tFBPJdjDFs794U74

This ain't over yet and here to stay for some more time. Gotta stop risking it and make arrangements so that I don't have to go and meet people without a strong reason to do so.

I spent one whole day with a previously Covid positive person. He came from Gujrat so was carrying a negative report. I am more scared of people I came in contact with at the various government offices we visited :fear:

Even dined with him at a restaurant :fear:

The 2 statements are so antagonistic. 

Walk the talk, dude. Don't say I did this and that and I'm stupid. We all know anybody who does this is stupid as f**k. 

I met with 4 of my work colleagues on Thursday. All of them wined and dined, but I insisted on keeping my mask on. One of them kept on calling me out, but I was very clear that I'm there to talk and banter and have a good time, but I'm not gonna take my mask off.  

The world will go on. We are responsible for ourselves and our families when sh*t hits the fan. Don't be stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The 2 statements are so antagonistic. 

Walk the talk, dude. Don't say I did this and that and I'm stupid. We all know anybody who does this is stupid as f**k. 

I met with 4 of my work colleagues on Thursday. All of them wined and dined, but I insisted on keeping my mask on. One of them kept on calling me out, but I was very clear that I'm there to talk and banter and have a good time, but I'm not gonna take my mask off.  

The world will go on. We are responsible for ourselves and our families when sh*t hits the fan. Don't be stupid. 

When did I say I removed my mask?

While dining I sat diagonally opposite to him wearing a shield. that's the only time I removed my mask.

2 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

When did I say I removed my mask?

While dining I sat diagonally opposite to him wearing a shield. that's the only time I removed my mask.

A shield does f**k all. It's good to avoid direct throw of secretions on your face, but it's open from all sides. Anybody speaks, breathes, and is infected, the viri particles will not say "Oh, f**k, there's a shield". Many of so small and light, they'll just diffuse around it, or will be carried with air. 

The mandate for anybody with a brain is very clear - don't remove a mask in front of anyone unless you're sure he/she/it is COVID negative. If the person whom you dined with was negative (I read he carried a report - but we know how easy is it to falsify), then nothing to worry.