The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

We also have our house help coming in. It's just impossible with 2 small kids and old parents and both of us working jobs to take care of things for so long without a help. 

We got her RTPCR done before she joined. We give her 1 N95 mask every week - and disinfect it daily via a UV oven (for 10 mins or more), and keep it in a bag. Sanitize her hands before she enters, and she is also pretty careful not to take off her mask anytime in the house (also make sure the mask gets a good fit - here the V4400 by Venus is pretty good. You have a metallic nose clip which can seal better).

We also give her a pack of 100 3-ply masks for her and her family every month to ensure they wear it wherever they travel. 

Thanks bro. 

I think I have a better shot at becoming the PM than getting her to fall in line. But definitely point taken. I’ll make sure she is full time on mask when in and ofc the hands. 

RTPCR test any idea how I can make her do? And cost? Sorry have absolutely no clue as we’ve been in since the lockdown except the odd groceries run. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

RTPCR test any idea how I can make her do? And cost? Sorry have absolutely no clue as we’ve been in since the lockdown except the odd groceries run. 

RTPCR does not need any prescription now - you do need ID and address. As long as she is willing to give those, you have a f**kton of labs who can do it for ya. Cost has been decreased to <1000 INR in most states now. 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

RTPCR does not need any prescription now - you do need ID and address. As long as she is willing to give those, you have a f**kton of labs who can do it for ya. Cost has been decreased to <1000 INR in most states now. 

Ok great. So she has to find a place for the test or I have to arrange an appt for her? 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Such a philosophical question. :lol:

Evolutionary remnants most likely: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-where-did-viruses-come-fr/

It all feels so strange at times.  Human body at times feels like such a complicated machine , but then stuff like this virus makes me wonder if we have even scratched the surface w.r.t our understanding of the world around us.  I can't help but wonder if someday the computers/machines the humans have created become self aware and wonder how at their basic level they are nothing but a bunch of 0s and 1s in some specific order :-/

47 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Ok great. So she has to find a place for the test or I have to arrange an appt for her? 

Depends on you. You can arrange for a home test for her. 

26 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

It all feels so strange at times.  Human body at times feels like such a complicated machine , but then stuff like this virus makes me wonder if we have even scratched the surface w.r.t our understanding of the world around us.  I can't help but wonder if someday the computers/machines the humans have created become self aware and wonder how at their basic level they are nothing but a bunch of 0s and 1s in some specific order :-/

Yeah. Lots of think about. While viruses are proof that evolution did occur, you are sometimes left wondering how did a simple RNA covered with a protein envelope survive for so long - literally thousands of years, and can only marvel at the amazing information on their RNA and our DNA, which allows them to replicate with such ease. 

Marvellous creatures, really. Just a strand of protein against all living beings, like a natural culling machine. 

Now I want to watch Prometheus (except the stupid scientist part - f**ked the story). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

isn't the cell already manufacturing the energy inside and self sufficient in terms of nutrients ? 

It just burns glucose like the car engine burns petrol. The glucose receptors are opened using insulin and the mitochondria burns it using oxygen coming in from fresh red blood. The by-products are then removed and carried away, blue blood to the heart/lungs and waste to kidneys.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Depends on you. You can arrange for a home test for her. 

Yeah. Lots of think about. While viruses are proof that evolution did occur, you are sometimes left wondering how did a simple RNA covered with a protein envelope survive for so long - literally thousands of years, and can only marvel at the amazing information on their RNA and our DNA, which allows them to replicate with such ease. 

Marvellous creatures, really. Just a strand of protein against all living beings, like a natural culling machine. 

Now I want to watch Prometheus (except the stupid scientist part - f**ked the story). 

The melting glaciers may contain 100s of unknown viruses which were dormant till date. Imagine them in our water bodies. 

Scary to even think.

One thing is for sure, humans arent that important for Earth. Our existance or non existance doesnt matter. 

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Prometheus & Covenant were damn good movies had they not made it as prequel to Alien franchise & tried to shove those creatures in it 

The xenomorph had to have some human DNA. So that’s fine. What upset me most with Prometheus was for years Ridley Scott kept denying his next project will be in a different universe and not tie in/borrow from the alien franchise. Only to do a complete Kejriwal. 

Also killing off Shaw was sooooo uncool. 

Slightly OT but need some inputs. Thanks in advance

I am planning to take parental insurance outside which has less waiting period for PED since both parents take BP tablets due to Hypertension and i learnt that all Heart related stuff wouldn't be covered until waiting period is over.

So i found that STAR Insurance has a plan with buy back for PED waiting period. SO the waiting period effectively comes down to 1 yr (but 50% premium to be paid upfront for first year).

The question: 

When filling the details, apart from Hypertension, there is a Text box to declare any other issues: The Agent was suggesting to even input details that are 10-15 years back. 

But when I mentioned that he had a surgery and plate inserted in his shoulder 12 years back(he fell down at home), then they are saying the Buy back for PED wouldn't be possible for it.

As per IRDA , i see declaration for PED should be for last 48 months only. So can i simply skip mentioning any details beyond last 5 years? Will it cause any issues if not mentioned?

Note: I already have company provide coverage with PED but i want to reduce dependency on it. I should have done this step long back but better late than never. 

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/telangana-high-alert-279-uk-returnees-untraceable-184-given-wrong-addresses-phone-numbers-ne-covid-strain-674268

Authorities has put Telangana on high alert after at least 279 passengers who recently returned from the UK are untraceable. As per the Telangana Police, 184 returnees had given wrong phone numbers and addresses. Also, 92 untraceable returnees are from the neighbouring states of Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka.

:ranting:

• Sad 1