The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Only a grade A retarded moron will listen to a f**king industrialist regarding pandemic prevention. These industrialists will rather let their workers die than take losses. Businessmen and industrialists are the last type of people who you would want to listen to for pandemic prevention analysis.

19 minutes ago, Right said:

I am just numb at shamelessness, he forced his workers to return, tell everyone to rely on homeopathy then when bodies started dropping, he is still asking them to work by threatening pay cut. 

WTF :rofl:

Is this legit? How can someone be such a "evil capitalist" caricature? This is literally what JNU professors must be thinking all Industrialists are :lol:

meanwhile his daddy talks about "We can't openly criticize modi hurr durr " :lol:

and this rotten apple hasn't fallen far from the tree with screeching LOCKDOWN BAD to Pappu of all people, who in Feb end and March was mewling with others of the liberal establishment that OMG LOCKDOWN NOW OR INDIA WILL BE DESTROYED. :rofl:

I'd bet Bajaj was MIA when the lockdown started and his workers needed transportation to home towns or atleast permission to live in dorms( does he even have dorms for workers? cafeterias ? :scratchchin:)

If you are an Industrialist doing LOCKDOWN BAD jhumlas, atleast take very good care of your workers FFS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Only a grade A retarded moron will listen to a f**king industrialist regarding pandemic prevention. These industrialists will rather let their workers die than take losses. Businessmen and industrialists are the last type of people who you would want to listen to for pandemic prevention analysis.

2 hours ago, Right said:

I am just numb at shamelessness, he forced his workers to return, tell everyone to rely on homeopathy then when bodies started dropping, he is still asking them to work by threatening pay cut. 

Not just this grade A greedy moron, even bigger companies like L&T have started operations at 100% workforce. 

I know its not possible to remain completely shut down so long, but the humane thing to do is to have 30-40% workforce.

Bajaj visited our campus for placements. Glad I decided to join an IT company and not a manufacturing one. They do offer more money but seem to have 0 compassion for the well being of employees.

Edited by playstationdude

The speed at which we are going we will cross 1M this month. 
Death rate is low. In Italy for example 0.1% of population has died due to Covid-19 but in India that same % would be almost 14 lac people. So we are doing better i guess.

Hasnt this gone out of control? Lockdown couldn't control it. Big pharma is not allowing medicines that could treat this at home by discrediting anything that performs well. Everyone wants only remdesivir to be used but that can only be administered via IV. Favipiravir which is cheap and in a tablet form has been discredited. A friend of mine took tamil flu treatment at home and got well but i dont read about it as a treatment. 

How long to sit at home? But at the same time when I do go out people behave like jerks and maintain no distance. I shout at min 5 people when I go out. I have developed anxiety sitting at home. Aise nahi mare toh waise maro.

People are stupid AF. I went to buy some poster colors for my kid and took my car even though the shop is just 5 mins (walking distance) away from my place since it was raining. I sat in the car for 20-25 mins cause the people lined up were complete morons with no social distancing and everyone standing in very close proximity to each other. Even saw a lady with 2 kids, her children wear not wearing any masks but gave them a single dupatta to cover both their faces and they were playing with it. why bring children outside and that too when it was raining so heavily. Padhe likhe unpadh. :doh:

Please stop the conspiracy theories. There is no "cure", no "treatment" which works. Clinical trials are on. Big Pharma cannot control this narrative. 

Anecdotal evidence of one drug working in 1-2 patients do not mean they will work in all. With a self limiting rate of upwards of 85%, only CTs on moderate/severely ill patients matter - since the rest will be limiting themselves. 

There is NO proven record of Tamiflu working (except one case report of 2 patients in April). One CT on a combination of 3 drugs, including Tamiflu, is ongoing as Phase 3, and results are expected by Nov 2020. Don't you think Roche wants their star product, Tamiflu, to sell more ?

Favi has no large scale trials to show it is effective. Even Glenmark's trial data is not out. Again, anecdotal evidence is NOT mass level evidence. Such small evidences serve as a thought process to start bigger CTs. They aren't validated enough to change treatment protocols on their own. 

Please, please stop these nonsensical stories just because you are tired of working from home. We all are. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Please stop the conspiracy theories. There is no "cure", no "treatment" which works. Clinical trials are on. Big Pharma cannot control this narrative. 

Anecdotal evidence of one drug working in 1-2 patients do not mean they will work in all. With a self limiting rate of upwards of 85%, only CTs on moderate/severely ill patients matter - since the rest will be limiting themselves. 

There is NO proven record of Tamiflu working (except one case report of 2 patients in April). One CT on a combination of 3 drugs, including Tamiflu, is ongoing as Phase 3, and results are expected by Nov 2020. Don't you think Roche wants their star product, Tamiflu, to sell more ?

Favi has no large scale trials to show it is effective. Even Glenmark's trial data is not out. Again, anecdotal evidence is NOT mass level evidence. Such small evidences serve as a thought process to start bigger CTs. They aren't validated enough to change treatment protocols on their own. 

Please, please stop these nonsensical stories just because you are tired of working from home. We all are. 

Thank you, doc. 

57 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My post might sound like a conspiracy theory but i didnt mean to write it that way. my main intention is to pray that a cure or a treatment is found soon.

the only thing i dont agree with you on is that "Big Pharma is NOT controlling the narrative" 

Now scientist are saying that corona virus is Airborne and have asked WHO to revise its guidelines. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali

13 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Now scientist are saying that corona virus is Airborne and have asked WHO to revise its guidelines. 

Didn't we already know it was airborne? Thats why the masks right? Or do you mean something else?

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Didn't we already know it was airborne? Thats why the masks right? Or do you mean something else?

I think it means that virus stays in air and not only in the cough/breath droplets for which we were wearing masks. This is way more alarming if true.

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I think by airborne he means a wider area covered that the 1-2 meters and can linger in the air for a longer time than we believe. At least that's what I think he means.