The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

26 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Big basket se le le bhai. Cheaper than veggie markets and more fresh. I will never go to veggie markets ever even after corona is over. It has been a revelation.

Yup i order from a different online vender. I am talking about those who wont go online for veggies.

Just wanted to ask you, do you use Savlon Spray after collecting any deliveries? We generally spray it first on all packed items and then when delivery guy leaves on that area as well. Also on clothes as well when we come from outside.

1 minute ago, hope said:

Yup i order from a different online vender. I am talking about those who wont go online for veggies.

Just wanted to ask you, do you use Savlon Spray after collecting any deliveries? We generally spray it first on all packed items and then when delivery guy leaves on that area as well. Also on clothes as well when we come from outside.

Stand under the sunlight. Natural disinfectant. 

58 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Your case clearly states we have f**k all clue of why and how this virus affects anyone no matter what the experts say. Also, reading this affirms my belief we should try to live a normal life as much as we can with precautions of course and if virus happens then it happens.

Hopefully your parents are recovering well.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Yes they have no symptoms since 2 days now. If by Sunday they don't get any symptoms then I will do antibody tests for all, and whatever tests doctor recommends to determine the impact. One colleague told me his friend had a fever for 2-3 days. His brother who is a doctor thought it was viral and gave him normal medicines. He recovered fine and resumed his cricket playing etc in next week. One week after he suddenly felt very tired even to walk. Tested oxygen and it was fallen to 85. Did ct scan and found out he had lung infection and 25% lungs were already damaged. He was hospitalized for 2 weeks. So I will do all tests even if they recover by Sunday.

28 minutes ago, hope said:

Yes. I use savlon surface infectant spray and even sanitise the packages with santizer while wearing mask. Never stepped outside to spray on clothes but I take bath after receiving deliveries and wash all clothes in machine.

Still corona entered the house. So f**k this sh*t.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Your case clearly states we have f**k all clue of why and how this virus affects anyone no matter what the experts say. Also, reading this affirms my belief we should try to live a normal life as much as we can with precautions of course and if virus happens then it happens.

Hopefully your parents are recovering well.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Yes they have no symptoms since 2 days now. If by Sunday they don't get any symptoms then I will do antibody tests for all, and whatever tests doctor recommends to determine the impact. One colleague told me his friend had a fever for 2-3 days. His brother who is a doctor thought it was viral and gave him normal medicines. He recovered fine and resumed his cricket playing etc in next week. One week after he suddenly felt very tired even to walk. Tested oxygen and it was fallen to 85. Did ct scan and found out he had lung infection and 25% lungs were already damaged. He was hospitalized for 2 weeks. So I will do all tests even if they recover by Sunday.

28 minutes ago, hope said:

Yes. I use savlon surface infectant spray and even sanitise the packages with santizer while wearing mask. Never stepped outside to spray on clothes but I take bath after receiving deliveries and wash all clothes in machine.

Still corona entered the house. So f**k this sh*t.

I think that concept of catching covid via surface is still unclear, there's no concrete proof of that yet.  But to be on the safer side, just consult a doctor who has more experience / updated information on this.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

But Goldman, a microbiologist at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in Newark, decided to take a closer look at the evidence around fomites. What he found was that there was little to support the idea that SARS-CoV-2 passes from one person to another through contaminated surfaces. He wrote a pointed commentary for The Lancet Infectious Diseases in July, arguing that surfaces presented relatively little risk of transmitting the virus2. His conviction has only strengthened since then, and Goldman has long since abandoned the gloves.

Many others reached similar conclusions. In fact, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clarified its guidance about surface transmission in May, stating that this route is “not thought to be the main way the virus spreads”. It now states that transmission through surfaces is “not thought to be a common way that COVID-19 spreads”.

Edited by Ne0

14 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I think that concept of catching covid via surface is still unclear, there's no concrete proof of that yet.  But to be on the safer side, just consult a doctor who has more experience / updated information on this.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

Yeah. This was shared some months back. The challenge is the possibility is still there, even if way less than what we thought initially. Again, who will get infected due to fomite transmission - we don't know. Hence it's better to follow precautions. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Vaccination programs are in full swing in the west. They'll probably achieve 100% inoculation this year itself. 

Its upto people too, here in my office more than half didnt even register for the vaccine, Even less showed up to get vaccinated. This also needs to be considered.

25 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Nearly 40k cases in Maharashtra again (8.5k in Pune and 5.4k in Mumbai). There was a dip in the last couple of days.

Dip because extended weekend/less testing. We've been doing this song and dance for a year now :P

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

Nearly 40k cases in Maharashtra again (8.5k in Pune and 5.4k in Mumbai). There was a dip in the last couple of days.

Time to just quit Maharashtra. Though i get the feeling that only Maharashtra is releasing the correct number. Not possible that only Mumbai, Pune, Nashik and Nagpur are having an explosion.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Dip because extended weekend/less testing. We've been doing this song and dance for a year now :P

aptly worded. I was on twitter and one fool was celebrating lower cases reported on sunday with cases on monday and claiming that things are finally under control. I haven't got the strength to argue anymore.