The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Everyone I inquired from says Covidshield. Why isn't Covaxin being distributed in same volumes given that it is truly made in India? 

Probably because people are not confident taking Covaxin yet and the Govt. knows it. After all, the knowledge out there is Covaxin study data is not out yet. Not to mention, seems there are still quite a bit of people who refuse to take vaccine fearing side effects. 

16 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Probably because people are not confident taking Covaxin yet and the Govt. knows it. After all, the knowledge out there is Covaxin study data is not out yet. Not to mention, seems there are still quite a bit of people who refuse to take vaccine fearing side effects. 

Data has been out for quite a while. Only if Govt. did campaigns about it, putting more money in instead of cutting interest rates on deposits and schemes.

If they want to boost the numbers then they should give option for taking Covaxin, people who have read up on it will take it and then spread the word.

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

Im waiting for Novavax. It has highest efficacy rate. Most reports are positive about it.

Seeing how Covid has picked up again and after recently hearing some horror stories from my friends, I would suggest to get whatever you can in case someone in your family is above 45, especially above 60. Other than that you can potentially wait.

Novavax, DRL, Zycov, all look good. But most probably people will need booster shots every year so it might just not matter.

Some protection is better than no protection.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Nearly 40k cases in Maharashtra again (8.5k in Pune and 5.4k in Mumbai). There was a dip in the last couple of days.

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Dip because extended weekend/less testing. We've been doing this song and dance for a year now :P

Yup. Monday numbers are always low. And Tuesday numbers were low because of Holi on Monday and most test centers were closed. Today I expect way more cases. Best way to look at the numbers is to check positivity rate. It is still around 20% in Maharashtra. People are dropping like flies especially in Nagpur, where people are showcasing their patent dumbassary by saying stuff like virus doesn't exist, government is increasing numbers. When I asked a guy why government is increasing cases he said because they want lockdown. I then asked what's the benefit for government when they will loose taxes and even extortion money, he couldn't answer. What a f**king chu.

• Like 1

In our society a while back, a group of ladies decided to do grooming at home only. Called the lady at home. She refused to wear mask, after much arguement with guards she wore it and was allowed entry.

But refused to wear again at the persons home stating there is no Covid and its all govt. Plan. She was duly kicked out before availing the services :lol:

Ab kya kar sakte hain bolo

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Lockdown imposed in Maharashtra's Nagpur in view of a rise in Coronavirus infections will not continue from 1 April.

The restrictions that were earlier imposed in Nagpur between 15 and 31 March by the district administration will not be extended further, state minister Nitin Raut has announced.

12 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Data has been out for quite a while. Only if Govt. did campaigns about it, putting more money in instead of cutting interest rates on deposits and schemes.

If they want to boost the numbers then they should give option for taking Covaxin, people who have read up on it will take it and then spread the word.

point is that they approved it without data..

which is absolutely sh*t...

My sister is having cold and fever now. Fever subsided after taking paracetamol. Did test for both of us now. Parents have no symptoms now. I don't know if running nose is even a symptom of Covid.

A family friend of ours, 43, contracted Covid in Dec. He had very mild symptoms, self isolated and got treated at home. He died in his sleep few weeks back, doctors diagnosed heart disease. He got his annual tests done last September and all reports were perfect. Such deaths are not even counted in the Covid casualties and there have been quite a few of them.

Scary as f**k.

5 minutes ago, Maximus said:

A family friend of ours, 43, contracted Covid in Dec. He had very mild symptoms, self isolated and got treated at home. He died in his sleep few weeks back, doctors diagnosed heart disease. He got his annual tests done last September and all reports were perfect. Such deaths are not even counted in the Covid casualties and there have been quite a few of them.

Scary as f**k.

so young :( 

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Scary as f**k.

Yeah this is happening with many. Need to get tests done after Covid to check if there has been any impact. My friend's father who got severe Covid in November and somehow recovered is now diabetic for life. Before that his sugar was normal.