The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

8 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Its the attitude of people in India. Nobody gives a f**k anymore and hardly taking any precautions. So even if you are doing everything possible to avoid it, you end up getting it due to some random sh*t. I can pinpoint it to 2 cab ride and movie theatre visit i took last week. Those are not sanitized or safe as they advertise. Avoid going to public places where loads of crowd is there or cab which a lot of people use untill you get vaccinated.

Get well soon man. 

I strongly feel covidiots should be penalised under the epidemics act. If you can't act responsibly, you are a threat to the civilised society and so should be penalised 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Get well soon man. 

I strongly feel covidiots should be penalised under the epidemics act. If you can't act responsibly, you are a threat to the civilised society and so should be penalised 

Definitely. Even at the clinic where i visited, I saw multiple people walking in without mask and only put it on when guards stopped them from entering. Anyway, make sure you get some good meds from a doctor you trust because my condition has improved a lot in last 2 days based on the meds my doc gave me. Whereas one of my colleagues was taking meds prescribed by govt hospital and it took him a month to fully recover. Then again, that could be down to how this virus affects everyone in a different way. f**king Chinese have to f**k a bat. Saalo keede makodo se paet nahi bhara.

I'm so pissed because I managed to avoid the virus for over an year and had a trip planned for this long weekend which got f**ked up due to this.:ranting:

3 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

True. For me it is attacking my throat the most. Fever and weakness has subsided to some extent. Though I'm still sweating a lot and just trying to keep myself hydrated. Havent lost the smell or taste but it has reduced a bit. BBMP people need to educate their people on basic etiquettes, just got a call from some random dude who just said "Tell me your address" as soon as i picked up the phone. I told him why would i tell a random person my address over the phone without knowing why, then he hung up. I get it they have a job to do but this was the 4th call i got to confirm address and each one was worst in terms of how they were talking.

My experience was quite good in that the BBMP folks were quite polite, gave me reassurance that everything would be ok, offered to book a bed in case of a necessity, gave me phone nos. to contact in case of emergency etc.  I guess it all depends on the situation and how you respond to them as well.

Also, I think you need to put things into perspective.  They aren't a resort/hotel service, the cases are rising like crazy and they need to cater to at least a thousand people a day, there's no point in calling them out on such trivial issues.  Also, remember those guys who you are complaining of lacking in etiquettes are actually putting their life on the line by even visiting you in your house , and they have to do this every day until the pandemic subsides.  Instead of losing patience over such trivial issues, I think it would be good to simply co-operate with them for the greater good. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, hope said:

He said that although the first jab of vaccine doesn’t ensure complete immunity, it provides considerable protection to beneficiaries and, in case they get infected, the severity of symptoms is much lower

Oh no no no no no. Wrong messaging. Kuch bhi bolte hai yaar ye log. 

44 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Oh no no no no no. Wrong messaging. Kuch bhi bolte hai yaar ye log. 

This is definitely f**ked up. My cousin's father in law got severe corona 10 days after first jab. Those remdesvir whatever injections saved him. They need to stfu.

@Bird Bird Bird is there a conclusive evidence regarding lower viral load at beginning means milder infection? I know it's true for flu virus but studies were underway for coronavirus too and early studies said it's similar with corona too.

Edited by Big Boss

43 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

This is definitely f**ked up. My cousin's father in law got severe corona 10 days after first jab. Those remdesvir whatever injections saved him. They need to stfu.

@Bird Bird Bird is there a conclusive evidence regarding lower viral load at beginning means milder infection? I know it's true for flu virus but studies were underway for coronavirus too and early studies said it's similar with corona too.

Nothing conclusive tbh. Studies on either side of the spectrum. 

It is generally accepted though that asymptomatic shedding is a larger cause of concern vs symptomatic cases (common sense says this should be the case since asymptomatic cases go undetected like crazy). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It is generally accepted though that asymptomatic shedding is a larger cause of concern vs symptomatic cases (common sense says this should be the case since asymptomatic cases go undetected like crazy). 

This. I can't believe it needs to be reiterated. 

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Any updates on your Sister's and your tests yet?

8 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Any updates on your Sister's and your tests yet?

Yeah her report came positive and mine negative. I think for me its just a matter of time when symptoms show up as I am the weakest immunity wise (never eat fruits, bad sleeping habits etc) in my family. She is doing fine now, she had running nose and fever yesterday and today morning, but by now its much better. No fever and running nose is almost stopped.

Hopefully I remain negative till everyone recovers.

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yeah her report came positive and mine negative. I think for me its just a matter of time when symptoms show up as I am the weakest immunity wise (never eat fruits, bad sleeping habits etc) in my family. She is doing fine now, she had running nose and fever yesterday and today morning, but by now its much better. No fever and running nose is almost stopped.

Hopefully I remain negative till everyone recovers.

I'm sorry to hear that her report came +ve but it's good that the fever hasn't come back. Hoping she recovers well. Do take care my friend. Now you are the soldier that needs to stay strong and help everyone to get better. I'm sure you are doing your best.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I'm sorry to hear that her report came +ve but it's good that the fever hasn't come back. Hoping she recovers well. Do take care my friend. Now you are the soldier that needs to stay strong and help everyone to get better. I'm sure you are doing your best.

Yeah luckily this sh*t coincided with holiday week with Good friday and Holi, will probably take off on Monday.

9 hours ago, Ne0 said:

My experience was quite good in that the BBMP folks were quite polite, gave me reassurance that everything would be ok, offered to book a bed in case of a necessity, gave me phone nos. to contact in case of emergency etc.  I guess it all depends on the situation and how you respond to them as well.

Also, I think you need to put things into perspective.  They aren't a resort/hotel service, the cases are rising like crazy and they need to cater to at least a thousand people a day, there's no point in calling them out on such trivial issues.  Also, remember those guys who you are complaining of lacking in etiquettes are actually putting their life on the line by even visiting you in your house , and they have to do this every day until the pandemic subsides.  Instead of losing patience over such trivial issues, I think it would be good to simply co-operate with them for the greater good. 

I guess you kinda missed the point. If they are gonna call 4 times to confirm address, isn't that just a waste of time on their time? They couldve taken care of 3 other patients in the same time. And no, none of these people put their life on risk, the call center people are different than those who visit homes. 

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Yeah luckily this sh*t coincided with holiday week with Good friday and Holi, will probably take off on Monday.

Same here bro. Even though my company is pretty cool with it and have told me to start working only when I feel better. But a 3 day weekend is indeed helpful in recovering.

18 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

My relatives who travelled to Goa and some of them tested positive.

Status is 3 (2 ladies and 1 Male) people are positive and the male took his 1st dose of vaccine around 15 to 20 days before travelling to goa. 

People dont realize that taking vaccine isnt gonna protect you fully :(

46 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

My relatives who travelled to Goa and some of them tested positive.

Status is 3 (2 ladies and 1 Male) people are positive and the male took his 1st dose of vaccine around 15 to 20 days before travelling to goa. 

27 minutes ago, hope said:

People dont realize that taking vaccine isnt gonna protect you fully :(

Especially the first dose. It almost means absolutely nothing.

And WTF is this now? They are saying 3rd dose after 6 months? FFS just allow pfizer vaccine, it's results are pretty good too. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/third-dose-of-covaxin-gets-nod-for-trials-six-months-after-2nd-shot-7255088/

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Especially the first dose. It almost means absolutely nothing.

And WTF is this now? They are saying 3rd dose after 6 months? FFS just allow pfizer vaccine, it's results are pretty good too. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/third-dose-of-covaxin-gets-nod-for-trials-six-months-after-2nd-shot-7255088/

I believe any sort of vaccine denial is as good as murdering your citizen. We can't be choosy like this. f**king at least allow Moderna or Pfizer to distribute. I am a big modi bhakt but this time he is going frustratingly far with this. Pfizer doesn't manufacturer in Saudi and my chacha and chachi have still been vaccinated with two doses. 

Also the vaccinated guy's CT value is 22.5. even though there is no proven correlation just quoting it here FYI.