The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

40 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

49.5k Cases in Maharashtra in the last 24 hours.

Pune - 10.8k

Mumbai - 9.1k

That's Pune division number and mumbai city number. Pune City is 4.7k and Mumbai division is 15k.

4 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Would the Covid antibody test return positive if tested on someone who got vaccinated recently?

After 2nd dose it should, that too after 14 days. There are different tests available for antibodies.

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

After 2nd dose it should, that too after 14 days. There are different tests available for antibodies.

Ok thanks. Only first dose done couple of days back. 

Was booking some other tests online and the package includes Covid antibody test. Not sure which one in particular though. Will know once I see the results.

Wanted to clarify that this is for my parents, and not me

Edited by Pacifier

13 hours ago, Big Boss said:

This Covidiot in Pune.

After police was involved:

Crazy amount of people defending him in the thread. :wallbash:

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Would the Covid antibody test return positive if tested on someone who got vaccinated recently?

12 weeks post 1st dose (assuming you got the 2nd dose after 6-8 weeks). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Building mein niche khelte time many times kids don't wear a mask.

I mean, what's the end game here if he's not allowed to enter the lift? 

Most of the people wear weakass cloth masks anyways and that too below the nose. 

Creating meaningless restrictions for a false sense of security doesn't help anyone. 

I mean, all of us should be wearing n95 masks when out of our homes but moronic sh*t like this can piss anyone off. 

Now I bet all the wannabe netas of twitter will rally to get him fired or whatever the f**k. 

He was asked to take a separate lift as he wasn't wearing the mask. The guy already inside didn't want to go in a lift with that kid without mask. In Maharashtra, especially in Pune, alarming number of Covid cases are in 10-20 age range, and are super spreaders. That kid should carry a mask with him and wear it when using a lift, unless he thinks playing in lift is an option.

Can someone tell me how bad infection level is based on this report:

Result - N2 gene - POSITIVE

E gene - Positive

Interpretation - SARS-CoV-2 POSITIVE

Ct VALUE: 29.2

METHOD: RT-PCR (CBNAAT)

Edited by Black_Hawk

22 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Can someone tell me how bad infection level is based on this report:

Result - N2 gene - POSITIVE

E gene - Positive

Interpretation - SARS-CoV-2 POSITIVE

Ct VALUE: 29.2

METHOD: RT-PCR (CBNAAT)

Impossible to tell how mild or not mild. But usually that CT value is inversely proportional to virus load being shed. In fact, only when it's less than 35 person is called Covid positive. My sister had 18.25, father and mother had 21. Their symptoms are mild. My friend got ct value of 15 and his symptoms were mild too. So it's inconclusive. 

Some desi doctors say that CT value above 24 means that person won't spread the virus but I don't trust them.

• Like 1

CT value is highly dependent on the assay, machine, sample (both the way it is taken and the way it is carried/stored). So many confounding factors that it's better not to correlate the value with illness. 

What it should tell you is that you're communicable, so wear a mask, shut yourself in a room, and get out 3 weeks later. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, achilles said:

More than the mask and COVID, this behaviour by the kid's father (?) would affect him for life.

Anyway, thread: 

Lots of talk (sensible to an extent ?), but no citations, no research. Looks good on paper (twitter), but studies are needed. 

• Thanks 1