The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

3 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

It's been 6 weeks since 2nd dose of vaccine and still antibodies are non-reactive (count is negligible),  the ones that do have are the ones who had covid before itself.....i think the virus will effect most people  at least once (asymptomatic or otherwise).

Not surprising though ? Efficacy rate is not that high. What is surprising is the vaccine does lead to acute reaction in many cases - fever, malaise etc, but the counts are low/non reactive. 

1 hour ago, blitzkreiig said:

It's been 6 weeks since 2nd dose of vaccine and still antibodies are non-reactive (count is negligible),  the ones that do have are the ones who had covid before itself.....i think the virus will effect most people  at least once (asymptomatic or otherwise).

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Not surprising though ? Efficacy rate is not that high. What is surprising is the vaccine does lead to acute reaction in many cases - fever, malaise etc, but the counts are low/non reactive. 

I think you are discounting the role of cellular immunity after vaccination 

Edited by hsk_colossus

44 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

It's even more f**ked up in Pune because the smart a*s municipal commissioners have restricted food delivery to 6 pm. Who the f**k orders food at that time? Absolutely pathetic. Now I am ordering entire day's food in afternoon itself.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah my uncle and grandma got horrible fever for 2 days from the first dose. I hope the second dose works. They've actually adjusted the schedule to reflect the new findings. Second dose will be given after 6-8 weeks now. 

They had no issues getting the vaccine. 

I'm personally satisfied with the vaccine rollout and how fast they're changing the strategy to adapt to new studies. 

Although, it's high time they allow other vaccines too and allow people to buy them. We should target 100% inoculation this year which doesn't look possible at current rate. 

My mum had a bad headache and body pain the next day. After that some light fever. She was fine after taking a crocin. 

Are there different anti-body tests? 

As part of package from 1mg, we got antibody test done for father that turned out +ve. 

The Antibody test is COVID ANTIBODY TOTAL- ELISA. There is no mention of igG etc.  The only thing mentioned is if its >1 then its positive and the value was 6.4. (OD Ratio) Not sure what it means

PS: He also got vaccinated first dose recently and got minor red swelling in the vaccinated area with no pain. I doubt antibody test is +ve because of vaccination but booked RT-PCR test for tomorrow to confirm. 

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

I think you are discounting the role of cellular immunity after vaccination 

Their press release states that both T cells and Antibody production is significant. T cells are mostly active in asymptomatic individuals, who have a low antibody titre.....something like what @Big Boss might be going through. But there's supposedly a 4 fold increase in antibody titre, i talked to many colleagues, sabke liye non-reactive hai. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Their press release states that both T cells and Antibody production is significant. T cells are mostly active in asymptomatic individuals, who have a low antibody titre.....something like what @Big Boss might be going through. But there's supposedly a 4 fold increase in antibody titre, i talked to many colleagues, sabke liye non-reactive hai. 

So you mean to say I didn't get infected because of T cells? Or got infected but it didn't spread so much to get detected in RT PCR and even antibodies didn't form?

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

So you mean to say I didn't get infected because of T cells? Or got infected but it didn't spread so much to get detected in RT PCR and even antibodies didn't form?

did someone tell you that you worry too much ? ?

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

did someone tell you that you worry too much ? ?

Obviously I have to worry when 3 members of my family got infected without going out and I am not. And I have the worst immunity. Get viral flu each year. In 2019 I had terrible bronchitis for a month. Before that I had dengue, jaundice, typhoid etc etc. And with Covid here we are. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Banz said:

Maharashtra is doing 4L per day for the last 2-3 days. 50-60L per day is very much possible for the whole country.

There is still scope to scale it up more and do 1 crore per day or thereabouts.

1Cr per day will be wonderful, though I doubt if we can get there soon. Plus summers are already here.

They should take advantage of elections which is happening in the so many states.

After casting your vote, get jabbed.

41 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Yeah. Even in P1/2 studies, there was an equal rise in cellular and humoral immunity, but not really seen IRL. Weird, eh ? 

Obviously I have to worry when 3 members of my family got infected without going out and I am not. And I have the worst immunity. Get viral flu each year. In 2019 I had terrible bronchitis for a month. Before that I had dengue, jaundice, typhoid etc etc. And with Covid here we are. 
Not sure how true but if your immune system has already experienced similar viruses it will detect covid 19 much faster. Could be reason you didn't get it.

1 hour ago, kruzzo said:
2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Not sure how true but if your immune system has already experienced similar viruses it will detect covid 19 much faster. Could be reason you didn't get it.

Highly improbable. Just dumb luck I guess.

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Even in P1/2 studies, there was an equal rise in cellular and humoral immunity, but not really seen IRL. Weird, eh ? 

Yeah it's weird. Or maybe it needs more time ??‍♂️

5 hours ago, Right said:

They should take advantage of elections which is happening in the so many states.

After casting your vote, get jabbed.

Yes, that would be a good idea. Would require a huge supply of vaccines though.