The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

29 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Good find.

Let's take this year by year now. For now I would say get vaccinated with the options available. At least it's a blanket of protection you'll get and at this point that's gold.

Exactly. With most of the Covaxin being imported and the legal tussle b/w AstraZeneca and SII, even Covidshield might be in short supply in coming months. Other alternatives are months away as well. Better to get it sooner than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Via a quick read-through it seems like it won't be unsafe to take one vaccine right now and another more effective vaccine later on. But obviously, you need to take all doses of a certain vaccine.

I don't think they would open up to other vaccines so soon. Maybe Sputnik v. 

If they allow more vaccines, the image atmanirbhar vaccine would take a severe hit internationally. I mean, apne vaccine ka dindhora peeto then allow foreign players to vaccinate own citizens. (just some man ki baat)

20 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Maybe they'll allow only if the company manufactures its vaccine in India 

Yeah, Sputnik will be manufactured by a set of different indian companies like DRL, Panacea etc.

Zycov will be fully Indian.

And I don't mean to say abhi doosri lagva lo, I meant a year or so in future.

Edited by KunjanPSD

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

#NoPoliticalAffiliations

That's not even surprising honestly. All these politicians are the exact same. And they're as stupid as everyone else out there. I'm constantly amazed by how no one seems to be wearing a mask, maintaining distance etc. Every time I have to leave home for anything I wonder if I'm going to bring something I can't see back with me. And then there's the absolute amazing guys I see wearing a mask while riding bikes, and against all logic removing mask as soon as they dismount. What's the f**king plan there?

Relative asked if Covid -ve cert is required to come to Goa for the weekend. I asked if he had Covid. He said I don't know. I said then yep its required. He decided not to come. I don't even.

2 minutes ago, Right said:

People who used to should test, test, test are now doing “vaccine for all”.

Earlier it was to hide their inefficiencies in contact tracing, now to hide their inability to get target group vaxxed.

Such pathetic numbers for MH.

central government ne bada teer maar liya ?.. 

politics in covid also

6 minutes ago, Right said:

People who used to should test, test, test are now doing “vaccine for all”.

Earlier it was to hide their inefficiencies in contact tracing, now to hide their inability to get target group vaxxed.

Such pathetic numbers for MH.

Covid appropriate behaviour should be encouraged . Calling huge rallies sans any pandemic centric measures won't help as well. 

Edited by radicaldude

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

central government ne bada teer maar liya ?.. 

politics in covid also

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

Holding states accountable or calling them out is playing politics?

If UP or Gujarat had half this case-load, media and opposition would’ve ripped them apart.

1 minute ago, Right said:

If UP or Gujarat had half this case-load, media and opposition would’ve ripped them apart.

I mean, I am praising central govt or anything. But this weird logic that one has to praise or criticize one side or the other and sticking to it is so retarded. All the parties are f**king thieves and assholes. No point taking any side and just call everyone out.

2 minutes ago, Right said:

Health minister of a poll affected state claiming that one need not wear mask as beauty parlors need to run is just as deplorable as not getting target population vaccinated. 

It's sad that the common man becomes the collateral damage. 

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Health minister of a poll affected state claiming that one need not wear mask as beauty parlors need to run is just as deplorable as not getting target population vaccinated. 

:rofl:

FAQs on single-source double-mutant triple-helix Corona variant in India....

Q. Why curfew from 8pm to 7am?
A. Due to rising temperatures with the onset of summer, Corona likes to step out when it gets cool. Hence the curfew.

Q. Is it safe to attend Kumbh Mela?
A. Yes. Corona is afraid of religion and does not attack the lakhs who gather to pray to God.

Q. Is it safe to attend political rallies?
A. Absolutely. Corona is terrified of politicians, especially the ones who occupy the highest posts.

Q. Why are only 20 people or less allowed at cremations?
A. Cremations generate lot of heat, which weakens the virus. It tries to escape by jumping from one person to the other. Research has shown that a critical mass of 21 or more people ensures survival of the virus. Hence the restriction of 20.

Q. Why are only 50 people or less allowed at weddings?
A. Indian weddings generate lot of sound & light, which scares the virus (as proved by the PM last year). The virus requires a critical mass of 51 or more people to survive.

Q. Why does Corona not attack crowded buses?
A. The virus has mutated and acquired human qualities. It hates road traffic and avoids buses due to the longer commute. Hence crowded buses are safe.

Q. Are local trains dangerous?
A. Yes. Corona prefers trains due to the quick commute. Also, the virus enjoys the breeze when standing on the footboard.

Q. Does online shopping prevent Corona?
A. Yes. Corona is not able to jump on to fast moving motorcycles and hence does not reach your home.

Q. Why does Corona not attack slum dwellers?
A. Corona cannot stand the competition from malaria & TB and hence focuses on higher income flats.

Q. Does lockdown help?
A. Indeed it does. Corona hangs around outside the door, waiting for people to step out to pick the newspaper, get the milk, go outside etc. Hence lockdown protects you by ensuring you stay inside your home. Note that Corona never enters your home, it only stays outside.

Q. Can I see Covid?
A. Covid is like Maya. It is everywhere & it is nowhere. 

Stay home. Stay safe. Stay mad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

:mellow:

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

He was right.

That was Assam, which has 683 active cases.

Even Texas has removed mask mandate at the beginning of March and they are getting less than 1000 cases a day. 

This is how they opened up for baseball season.

T

10 minutes ago, Right said:

He was right.

That was Assam, which has 683 active cases.

Even Texas has removed mask mandate at the beginning of March and they are getting less than 1000 cases a day. 

This is how they opened up for baseball season.

T

Even Delhi was reporting around 100-200 cases each day around a month back. Most ditched the mask. And the number(s) (now) speaks for itself. 

Ps- population density of Assam >>>>> population density of Texas. + The state is having humongous election rallies. 

Pps- I will pretend I didnt read the part where you justified such a ludicrous comment by a democratically elected minister of state cabinet, that too the health minister. 

Edited by radicaldude
  • Like 2