The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Serum guy knows sh*t.

And how would the Govt. have thumped its chest before and during election regarding Indian manufacturing if foreign imports were allowed?

Sputnik and its deals might just save us, topped with Zycov.

Manufacturing is not an issue, they can crank up the production to 10m a day.

Problem is distribution.

pfizer doesn’t want to conduct trials in India, so they were denied the approval. No one trusts Sputnik. Moderna  & J&J, especially the latter would be great. but they need to conduct trials here.

1.26 lakh cases today. Hitting 2 lakh before end of April. 

Along with the politicians we need to blame ourselves too. A lot of people still don't want to wear masks at crowded places or social gatherings.cases are increasing even at places where there are no religious events or political rallies. 

And MH govt needs to be called out for its stupidity. Whoever planned this new lockdown is a grade A M. Whats the point of closing all shops when labour work is allowed. So if an electrician or plumber comes to fix something, where will he source the materials from when shops are closed.  same for internal works like painting or interiors which is allowed but where will they source materials. A friend of mine who is getting married soon has around tens of lakhs of worth jewellery order placed with 70% paid and is now sh*tting bricks as the store is now closed. Even I got our ordered gold ornaments right on the 5th when the lockdown was supposed to start but was not enforced till late evening or even my money would've been stuck for God knows how long as I'm planning to move out of mumbai. 

24 minutes ago, Right said:

is distribution.

pfizer doesn’t want to conduct trials in India, so they were denied the approval. No one trusts Sputnik. Moderna  & J&J, especially the latter would be great. but they need to conduct trials here.

Trials in India are a hogwash. There are Indians living abroad including my relatives and friends who have got a variety of vaccines available abroad. Some of the relatives have settled long ago some have moved recently. 

Plus the number of people participating in trials would also have had some Indians.

It is just plain red tape. Modi has gone too far with his 56 inch chest.

He was under the impression that he will save the world and people across the world are gonna build his statues one day.

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Trials in India are all hogwash

Do you know Pfizer and Moderna have taken sovereign guarantee from the governments including US that there can be no lawsuits if “something goes wrong”. 
Pfizer has asked Latin American countries to put up their buildings and military bases as guarantee to cover legal cost if there are any lawsuits.

We are totally covered with Covaxin and covishield, I don’t understand why do we have to go out of way for Pfizer. Give them emergency use approval and then run into issues.

15 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

It is just plain red tape. Modi has gone too far with his 56 inch chest.

He was under the impression that he will save the world and people across the world are gonna build his statues one day.

He wants a Nobel prize with all this vaccine maitri and vishwaguru nonsense. 

But I think why they started sending covidshield to other countries was because it was getting close to its expiry date and they couldn't ramp up the vaccination so soon. 

2 minutes ago, Right said:

Do you know Pfizer and Moderna have taken sovereign guarantee from the governments including US that there can be no lawsuits if “something goes wrong”. 
Pfizer has asked Latin American countries to put up their buildings and military bases as guarantee to cover legal cost if there are any lawsuits.

We are totally covered with Covaxin and covishield, I don’t understand why do we have to go out of way for Pfizer. Give them emergency use approval and then run into issues.

Though this issue is different, but, the indo us civil nuclear deal (123 agreement) has similar clauses built into it i.e there can't be any lawsuits in case something goes "wrong" in the nuclear reactors. Yet the govt is hellbent on going forward with the Westinghouse AP 1000. 

Look people want to get vaccinated. Looking at the scale of population, more vaccines are needed. Hence people want vaccines from other companies. However, it'll hit the atmanirbhar vaccine manufacturer of the world image if the govt allows foreign vaccines to innoculate indian citizens. 

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Though this issue is different, but, the indo us civil nuclear deal (123 agreement) has similar clauses built into it i.e there can't be any lawsuits in case something goes "wrong" in the nuclear reactors. Yet the govt is hellbent on going forward with the Westinghouse AP 1000. 

Look people want to get vaccinated. Looking at the scale of population, more vaccines are needed. Hence people want vaccines from other companies. However, it'll hit the atmanirbhar vaccine manufacturer of the world image if the govt allows foreign vaccines to innoculate indian citizens. 

You want

- Indian govt to allow firang vaxx w/o trials

- knowing fully well that all vaxx have received “emergency use approval” in other countries too

- expect Indians to surrender the right to sue or govt to bear the liability

Govt disagrees seeing that we have local capacity. 

I think all these issues will disappear when Covax/Covishield are put in open market.

Which would gappen soon, covishield had said they will hit open market after supplying  first 100m to Govt.

1 hour ago, Right said:

Manufacturing is not an issue, they can crank up the production to 10m a day.

Problem is distribution.

SII has a manufacturing limitation right now, not distribution. They can only reach 10M doses a day if they are provided with financial grants to invest in the supply chain.

Pfizer and Moderna agreed for trials if they were guaranteed with orders if the results were good. And don't tell me that it isn't possible when at the same time Covaxin was being sold and distributed without any concrete data available.

Sputnik is spanning out to be one of the best vaccines out there, data is excellent. No one trusted Covaxin as well before the data was out, it's just a matter of time.

And most probably it's going to be the one which ends up saving bulk of our population.

Please check facts before posting. A simple google search could have prevented the misinformation you spread and even the time I had to put in to correct you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

Because we are not f**king totally covered by those two.

Dude, just google. Our capacity is nowhere enough to cover the masses, with current rate we might run out in 4-5 days.

You can sue sh*t out of SII and BB if something goes wrong, just read the manifesto.

You need these players to come in and vaccinate the people who can afford to relax the burden on the manufacturing network.

Matlab jo sunai de, jo mann me aaye boldena hai. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

You want

- Indian govt to allow firang vaxx w/o trials

- knowing fully well that all vaxx have received “emergency use approval” in other countries too

- expect Indians to surrender the right to sue or govt to bear the liability

Govt disagrees seeing that we have local capacity. 

I think all these issues will disappear when Covax/Covishield are put in open market.

Which would gappen soon, covishield had said they will hit open market after supplying  first 100m to Govt.

You already don't have right to sue SII or BB.

Even your dear Covaxin got emergency approval without a shred of data.

Other countries are taking in firang vaccines, you want to thump your chest till you die because of the lack of desi vaccine.

Govt. sees that we don't have capacity and still doesn't take the measures keeping its ego apart.

You f**king don't have enough Covidshield/Covaxin to put on open market, we barely have enough to make it through the week. And what do you think will happen then? Do you think it's gonna be 250/dose subsidised rate? 

It's gonna be way more than that and all the people who could not afford it will be thrown for a toss. 

Atleast with players in both private and govt. space, you can maintain supply by mandating the division of supply.

Dude, I don't know from where you get your wordly knowledge but you need to cancel your subscription.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Right said:

Mereko leni hai. Mere ko lene do vaccine. Lekin Govt meri leri. We have wasted precious three to four months of time. Pfizer is claiming they're close to getting emergency approval. 

Kya fayda hua? People could have been saved.

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

He wants a Nobel prize with all this vaccine maitri and vishwaguru nonsense. 

But I think why they started sending covidshield to other countries was because it was getting close to its expiry date and they couldn't ramp up the vaccination so soon. 

He wants a nobel prize and become the saviour of the world. 

I am a big supporter of Modi and BJP. But i see through his hypocrisy and call it. The way rallies are being conducted and then they claim the state governments are unable to control the situation. 

I support Modi but I hate the politicians of this country. 

6 hours ago, Right said:

Kuch bhi ?  So much Bhakti is never good .. 

did you understand why covaxin got approval without trials ?

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.scroll.in/latest/991581/covid-19-vaccine-production-very-stressed-need-rs-3000-crore-to-scale-up-serum-institute-chief

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Kuch bhi ?  So much Bhakti is never good .. 

did you understand why covaxin got approval without trials ?

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.scroll.in/latest/991581/covid-19-vaccine-production-very-stressed-need-rs-3000-crore-to-scale-up-serum-institute-chief

Hate doing this, but padh likh le bhai.

US Lawsuit immunity

Pfizer Latin America

Pfizer withdrew application from India

“Unlike other companies conducting small studies in India for foreign-developed vaccines, Pfizer had sought an exception citing approvals it had received elsewhere based on trials done in countries such as the United States”

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

You already don't have right to sue SII or BB.

Even your dear Covaxin got emergency approval without a shred of data.

Other countries are taking in firang vaccines, you want to thump your chest till you die because of the lack of desi vaccine.

Govt. sees that we don't have capacity and still doesn't take the measures keeping its ego apart.

You f**king don't have enough Covidshield/Covaxin to put on open market, we barely have enough to make it through the week. And what do you think will happen then? Do you think it's gonna be 250/dose subsidised rate? 

It's gonna be way more than that and all the people who could not afford it will be thrown for a toss. 

Atleast with players in both private and govt. space, you can maintain supply by mandating the division of supply.

Dude, I don't know from where you get your wordly knowledge but you need to cancel your subscription.

I know how Civaxin got approval, govt really were lenient, they should’ve waited for phade 3 trial to get over, but they gave in simply for reputation. Bharat biotech is not fly by night operator.

Schedule for Covaxin/Covishield is decided ling ago. First 100m doses of Covishield will be subsidised by SII and given to govt and the SII will start putting on open market. SII plans to sell at 1000rs when they it in open market

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/corporate/serum-institute-to-supply-covid-19-vaccine-at-rs-250-a-dose-close-to-signing-deal-with-centre/story/424200.html

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/corporate/serum-institute-to-supply-covid-19-vaccine-at-rs-250-a-dose-close-to-signing-deal-with-centre/story/424200.html

padh likh le bhai tu bhi.

22 minutes ago, Right said:

Hate doing this, but padh likh le bhai.

US Lawsuit immunity

Pfizer Latin America

Pfizer withdrew application from India

“Unlike other companies conducting small studies in India for foreign-developed vaccines, Pfizer had sought an exception citing approvals it had received elsewhere based on trials done in countries such as the United States”

I didn’t even mention Pfizer ...

I said covaxin and covasheild... no explanation about this in your whatsapp university? 

26 minutes ago, Right said:

so what’s the issue.. covaxin was approved without any trials... none ..

at least Pfizer has done some trials...

what were your thoughts on covaxin approval ? 

12 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

so what’s the issue.. covaxin was approved without any trials... none ..

at least Pfizer has done some trials...

what were your thoughts on covaxin approval ? 

Who told you this? The time it was approved they had finished phase II trials.

And they had Phase III efficiency data available just when it was opened up for 65+ aam janta.

9 minutes ago, Right said:

Who told you this? The time it was approved they had finished phase II trials.

And they had Phase III efficiency data available just when it was opened up for 65+ aam janta.

Phase 2 trials .. lolz .. do you know what is assessed in phase 2 trials?

what about us doctors, health care staff, front line workers?? Are they supposed to act as Guinea pigs for the goverment ?