Jump to content

The Coronavirus Thread Part 2


Big Boss

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

 

oh by the way

college khula tha for 2 days, f**king kids went. I even took an rt pcr for it, but didn't go.

 

Went poorly of course. lots of cases, sab kuch band hogya :majesty:

stupid idiots are so stubborn about calling people to college, I'm glad I didn't go.

 

Multiple people have come in to live in the hostel for these classes, and now since everything had to be shut down, they've declared that people can go home :lol:

I didn't expect this from NSIT. But what can you. Just stay put at home and ride it out, learn new skills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2021 at 12:28 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Ab to chidiya chug gayi khet. >85% vaccination in elderly is with Covishield. And with our already sh*t AE reporting, we won't have any data to analyse. 

 

In other news, who the f**k made it mandatory to get a photo WITHOUT face mask post vaccination at the vaccination centers via Cowin portal ? If someone was not infected, they are surely making them easier to get infected. Vaccine kaam kare na kare, Corona zaroor karega. :lol:

Is that really a thing? Hilariously weird and sad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ph3N0M said:

Is that really a thing? Hilariously weird and sad. 

 

Yeah. Both me and parents had to go though this. 

 

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

I did read that some centres were doing this. My parents didn't have to go through this, they got vaccinated on 1st April so it might have changed.

 

It's necessitated by the CoWin portal. If they got inoculated in a camp, they escaped it. 

I got my dose last week, and had to uncover my mask post injection. Photo was directly uploaded to CoWin portal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Yeah. Both me and parents had to go though this. 

 

 

It's necessitated by the CoWin portal. If they got inoculated in a camp, they escaped it. 

I got my dose last week, and had to uncover my mask post injection. Photo was directly uploaded to CoWin portal. 

My parents got vaccinated at Max Saket. No one was getting face scanned there. They just took the Aadhar card.

Could be that they had a camera setup but no one asked my parents to remove the mask.

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

My parents got vaccinated at Max Saket. No one was getting face scanned there. They just took the Aadhar card.

Could be that they had a camera setup but no one asked my parents to remove the mask.

 

Lucky them ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Yeah. Both me and parents had to go though this. 

 

 

It's necessitated by the CoWin portal. If they got inoculated in a camp, they escaped it. 

I got my dose last week, and had to uncover my mask post injection. Photo was directly uploaded to CoWin portal. 

 

Oh didn't know about this. No wonder our RWA society's WA group has a bunch of people posting their pics post vaccination. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

 

Oh didn't know about this. No wonder our RWA society's WA group has a bunch of people posting their pics post vaccination. 

 

Those post vaccination pics would be different. 

The centers' computers have webcams to click photos - one of you without a mask (face visible) and other of your ID (generally Aadhar). The portal has those two respective fields to upload photos. 

I guess some centers are following it, and others are not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My son is 18 months old now and has little to no interaction with outside world as he has no real life interactions with his extended family.  Dumb inlaws thought it is a good idea to visit us first week of may when India is seeing such crazy number of cases in the recent wave :wallbash: I have been subtly giving them hints that they should postpone the visit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Keano said:

My son is 18 months old now and has little to no interaction with outside world as he has no real life interactions with his extended family.  Dumb inlaws thought it is a good idea to visit us first week of may when India is seeing such crazy number of cases in the recent wave :wallbash: I have been subtly giving them hints that they should postpone the visit. 

The subtle hint they need

The Office No GIF

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Keano said:

My son is 18 months old now and has little to no interaction with outside world as he has no real life interactions with his extended family.  Dumb inlaws thought it is a good idea to visit us first week of may when India is seeing such crazy number of cases in the recent wave :wallbash: I have been subtly giving them hints that they should postpone the visit. 

Does your wife agree?

Then maybe she can directly tell them to hold on for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Keano said:

My son is 18 months old now and has little to no interaction with outside world as he has no real life interactions with his extended family.  Dumb inlaws thought it is a good idea to visit us first week of may when India is seeing such crazy number of cases in the recent wave :wallbash: I have been subtly giving them hints that they should postpone the visit. 

Ask them to get vaccinated and don't travel without negative rtpcr. Once they arrive, keep them isolated for 7 days. Your wife should also support this hopefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Does your wife agree?

Then maybe she can directly tell them to hold on for a while.

 

She understands why I am not ok with their travel. No one in my family here is vaccinated yet(registered and waiting for the email from the state health team), but hopefully will be in the upcoming weeks. Even after everyone getting vaccinated, I think it is not safe for them and for us to go through with this. I bluntly told NO to my dad and mom and hoping my wife to take lead in pushing inlaws back.

 

I am not completely blaming them for this as they scheduled their travel the moment they got their vaccines. I am off whatsapp for like 2 years now and been avoiding COVID India news because of how depressing 2020 has been. Only recently saw the India numbers of this week.

 

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Ask them to get vaccinated and don't travel without negative rtpcr. Once they arrive, keep them isolated for 7 days. Your wife should also support this hopefully.

 

They are both vaccinated and my wife and I agreed on having them stay outside our home for a week or two and get a test done before visiting us(if it comes to that). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Keano said:

 

She understands why I am not ok with their travel. No one in my family here is vaccinated yet(registered and waiting for the email from the state health team), but hopefully will be in the upcoming weeks. Even after everyone getting vaccinated, I think it is not safe for them and for us to go through with this. I bluntly told NO to my dad and mom and hoping my wife to take lead in pushing inlaws back.

 

I am not completely blaming them for this as they scheduled their travel the moment they got their vaccines. I am off whatsapp for like 2 years now and been avoiding COVID India news because of how depressing 2020 has been. Only recently saw the India numbers of this week.

 

 

They are both vaccinated and my wife and I agreed on having them stay outside our home for a week or two and get a test done before visiting us(if it comes to that). 

Vaccine doesn't prevent infection afaik. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...