Jump to content

The Coronavirus Thread Part 2


Big Boss

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Banz said:

 

The 70% people who have already recovered become immune and can no longer spread the virus. So virus cannot freely spread from person to person then. The immune people shield the vulnerable ones. That is how vaccinations for measles, polio, etc. work, but I'm not sure if people who have recovered from Covid are fully immune like this. 

 

 

 

So the assumption here's that atleast 70% of the ppl are naturally immune to the disease ?

16 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Easy explainer (we don't know if HI is possible for SARS-COV2 or not): 

 

 

 

Thanks. Understood, so the theory works with a vaccine in place.  But, without a vaccine, like in the present scenario, herd immunity is just a chance/wild guess, am I right ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The core concept of herd immunity is that 70% become infected and then cured, and they are immune due to antibodies. Virus then cannot transmit and remaining 30% are safe. However with Covid 19, we don't even know how long does that immunity last. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The core concept of herd immunity is that 70% become infected and then cured, and they are immune due to antibodies. Virus then cannot transmit and remaining 30% are safe. However with Covid 19, we don't even know how long does that immunity last. 

 

and also, that 70% of the ppl would be cured, that alone is a wild guess.  How are they even determining such numbers :O ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

 

and also, that 70% of the ppl would be cured, that alone is a wild guess.  How are they even determining such numbers :O ?

 

There is no cure. You either die or recover and develop antibodies. As per models, at least 70 percent people need to contract the disease (ie. develop antibodies) to prevent further spread. It basically means that the spread of disease becomes really difficult past that point. Obviously, achieving that would mean at least 2 crore people dying in India which is a very conservative estimate because many people suffering from other issues will die as well due to unavailability of appropriate care. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Thoughts on this? 

 

Coronavirus treatment: Ramdev's Patanjali launches Coronil kit for ₹545

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/coronavirus-vaccine-coronil-patanjali-baba-ramdev-press-conference-live-updates-11592893304534.html

 

They should get proper clinical approval with ICMR and independent bodies.

 

But I believe it will work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Delhi's yesterday number were highest daily count by any state/city in india since covid started. Even though delhi is size of a city :) 

 

Testing has increased alot in delhi though majority of them are rapid tests. But something is better than nothing. Also Delhi is testing more than Maharashtra since last few days which is a good thing. Thus cases count are bound to rise here. 
 

Hopefully action being taken by the state and center works out well.

 

Delhi - 3,788 cases today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few cases have popped up in my society since today morning. 

 

Hopefully they stick to the rules and stay home. I saw one of their family members leaving the house for evening walk right now. :ranting:

Think I'm gonna have to stop going for a walk myself, probably not safe anyway. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And just saw on news, Maharashtra government has ordered not to test Covid doubtful dead bodies. Soon that idiot Rajesh Tope will dance around with reduced death rate. I have uncontrollable urge to slap his teeth out whenever he appears on tv.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

And just saw on news, Maharashtra government has ordered not to test Covid doubtful dead bodies. Soon that idiot Rajesh Tope will dance around with reduced death rate. I have uncontrollable urge to slap his teeth out whenever he appears on tv.

These 3 months have taught me one thing.

For appearances, govts can stoop to any level, even if  those attempts make them look totally evil.

And any govt, not just the ones run by particular party(s).

 

Second thing, India wants India to fail, because that woke feeling about being proven right is the only validation people need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Right said:

These 3 months have taught me one thing.

For appearances, govts can stoop to any level, even if  those attempts make them look totally evil.

And any govt, not just the ones run by particular party(s).

 

Second thing, India wants India to fail, because that woke feeling about being proven right is the only validation people need.

Yes, people will rather die if that proves them right. Pathetic mentality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...