The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Modi govt invited bids for 150 oxygen plants in October. Today, just 33 are up

This January, the number of sanctioned facilities appeared to increase as the government said it had allocated Rs 201.58 crore for the setting up of 162 PSA plants across India. However, on 18 April, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare announced that only 33 of these had been set up around the country

The orders, industry sources say, were placed in December but when vendors reached the hospitals for installation, many “faced resistance”.

“The usual response was there is no space. The real reason though was probably vested interests in continued procurement of oxygen rather than generating the entire requirement onsite,” said an industry source.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a hospital owner who is getting a PSA plant installed said: “If I do not have oxygen for 20 minutes, patients die. This is why a captive plant is crucial. We are already in such a bad state now. We need to be prepared for the third wave.”

https://theprint.in/health/modi-govt-invited-bids-for-150-oxygen-plants-in-october-today-just-33-are-up/644643/

Hamam me sabhi nange hai

• Sad 2

43 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

At this rate, no vaccine will be good enough for you. Lol.

Lol, no.

I am for COVAXIN, its simply the best thing available, just that I will be vary of ones manufactured by Hoffkine and players other than BB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Right said:

Lol, no.

I am for COVAXIN, its simply the best thing available, just that I will be vary of ones manufactured by Hoffkine and players other than BB.

Hoffkine's batch won't roll out anytime soon. If you are getting it from May 1st then you'll get BB's batch.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

If you get Covid after that it reflects on the app some how 

Lol. Dad is positive. Forget Aarogya Setu, he isn't even shown on UP's COVID tracker portal (tracking by phone number). 

I like the blind confidence people have on these apps. :lol:

When my sister report came as positive my AS status changed to high risk of infection and showed me data collected by BT proximity on what time and place we were together. Her status was locked but changed to green after a few days (less than 14)

When my dad result came positive last year, I used my own number to register his test but the app showed me in green. 

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

He said that in one of the interviews on TV 

basically what he said was that he suspected that in the Vaccination drive 

when one dose is already administered & you get Covid before getting the second dose it would give a higher chance of mutation potential in these bodies than a regular unvaccinated patient 

Ok. That makes sense.

it is possible for virus to “evolve” to fight off antibodies, and then this evolved virus will be dangerous for both vaxxed and unvaxxed people around the carrier.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Lol. Dad is positive. Forget Aarogya Setu, he isn't even shown on UP's COVID tracker portal (tracking by phone number). 

I like the blind confidence people have on these apps. :lol:

My brother was +ve last year and app was showing Safe for the rest of us (4 people). Pretty inaccurate IMO.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

And what you said implied that the current mutations are coming from people getting one dose of vaccine. 

Dr AnK saw the current mutations and immediately connected dots with his high IQ to come up with his astute observation. 

Data not available for this analysis so he creates it on the spot. 

Dr Fauci was right. How? Because Dr AnK said so. 

Science < Delusion and the need to have an opinion about everything. 

No need to make personal comments. You can put your point across without taking digs at him. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Maybe he should not post about things he doesn't know anything about. All other members manage just fine. 

If he's not getting personal, you shouldn't be getting personal. That's just my opinion though.

• Like 3

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

If you guys think calling someone out for posting supposed insights about the virus with absolute confidence based on random opinions and conjecture, then I am out of here. 

You called me stupid and inane when I said arresting people for not wearing masks doesn't make sense. 

Call him out, say he's wrong but don't resort to name-calling as that often degrades into personal comments way too fast and that doesn't end well for anyone.

I didn't call you that bruh, no hard fellings. What I said was "That's a really inane and dumb statement imo."