The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Guys both covaxin and covishield are available at various locations in Pune. People who took the jabs are saying it's well managed. Which one should I go for? leaning towards Covaxin.

I would suggest go for whichever you manage to book. My advise to you would be take a jab at one of the PCMC run centers. preferably New Jijamata Hospital 411017. Really very well managed. No crowding and the place is over staffed for vaccination. 

Be little careful with covaxin as a lot of people are struggling to get their 2nd shots. 

Now is as safe as 15 days later if you manage to get a slot at Jijamata. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I would suggest go for whichever you manage to book. My advise to you would be take a jab at one of the PCMC run centers. preferably New Jijamata Hospital 411017. Really very well managed. No crowding and the place is over staffed for vaccination. 

Be little careful with covaxin as a lot of people are struggling to get their 2nd shots. 

Now is as safe as 15 days later if you manage to get a slot at Jijamata. 

Stock situation should only get better from here on. So I don't think it should matter.

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

Stock situation should only get better from here on. So I don't think it should matter.

Well in pune you need to sit like a hawk on the comp to get a slot. i dont think one can be choosy anyway. all upto the person going for the vaccine. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I sat for an hour trying to book. As soon as I got bored and turned it off, slot came up. Smh ?? 

Use the telegram channels i linked.

@Bhpian Baliyes hearing good things about Jijamata. Did you get any side effects after covishield?

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Use the telegram channels i linked.

@Bhpian Baliyes hearing good things about Jijamata. Did you get any side effects after covishield?

no noticeable side effect in my case. my dad got slight fever after taking his 1st dose which didnt return after taking one paracetamol. my mom and my wife only felt a little tired.

one of my friends got severe side effects. almost 103 deg fever, body ache and weakness. it is different for different people. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

no noticeable side effect in my case. my dad got slight fever after taking his 1st dose which didnt return after taking one paracetamol. my mom and my wife only felt a little tired.

one of my friends got severe side effects. almost 103 deg fever, body ache and weakness. it is different for different people. 

Did he recover in a day?

49 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's a profession like any else and should be subject to the same standards and laws. 

All doctors aren't created equal and some f**k up too. You need recourse for that. 

Americans are litigious and sue over everything. Doctors are no exception. 

You need recourse of course. Just not in a consumer court. That's for cases when you are cheated when buying particular product or service. If doctors commit criminal negligience, that should be subject to criminal proceedings.

Btw, you can't sue government hospital doctors in a consumer court.

Mumbai on Tuesday reported 2,554 fresh coronavirus positive cases and 62 deaths, taking the count of infections to 6,61,420 and the toll to 13,470, an official from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said

Not Monday numbers, this looks promising.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I sat for an hour trying to book. As soon as I got bored and turned it off, slot came up. Smh ?? 

When do new slots come up? Any specific times in the day?

30 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

This is expected and quite natural. This will start tapering off after 24hrs and will almost completely go away post 48hrs. Just like kids get fever after taking a vaccine.

Use only paracetamol. Don't use disprin.

Source: Got the fever myself, parents got it as well and so did my friends.

Edited by KunjanPSD

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

Not Monday numbers, this looks promising.

Yup. Great signs. And as anecdotal evidence I can say our mumbai society wa groups (3) which had new cases Popping up everyday has zero cases in 2 and minimal in one. Things are definitely improving but what happens when lockdown is lifted? Let's see

Delhi and CG haven’t come yet, but we are still in 390k range.

Other states have started rising, nullifying the reduction from MH.

KA has hit 30% positive rate. Needs to go down.

Edited by Right

I know no one can give answers with certainty but do you guys suggest going for vaccination ASAP or wait for crowds to lessen or numbers to come down before leaving the house for vaccination? My current situation is that all 6 family members are locked inside. No one is going out for any reason. No maids. Only masked contact with delivery persons. Living on top floor of a high rise building with double digit cases in the same building.

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Whats the point then? 

f**ked UP

3 minutes ago, rdsarna said:

I know no one can give answers with certainty but do you guys suggest going for vaccination ASAP or wait for crowds to lessen or numbers to come down before leaving the house for vaccination? My current situation is that all 6 family members are locked inside. No one is going out for any reason. No maids. Only masked contact with delivery persons. Living on top floor of a high rise building with double digit cases in the same building.

MAKE SURE to not go in balcony. Use masks in toilet. Keep the commode lid closed, flush it when closed. Lots of cases of infection in high rise buildings via sewage lines. Don't step out for vaccination Unless you know it's well organized and there won't be rush. I am waiting till 15th to see if cases go down. Also, my family got infected while locked down just like you. Suspects are balcony or sewage lines.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Source for either of this? 

Seems unlikely. 

https://www.ndtv.com/video/news/fyi-an-in-depth-look-at-the-issues-that-affect-us/can-covid-spread-through-defective-bathroom-sewage-pipes-584922

This happened during SARS outbreak too.

This s  awful. The level of corruption that is everywhere. All these guys involved should be booked for murder and not corruption. 
Kudos to him for exposing this even when his party is in power. 
Suddenly 1500 beds were available in the evening after they discovered all the fake bed bookings.