The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Mumbai: Four months after dismantling Covid centre, BMC to rebuild at Rs 45 crore | Mumbai News - Times of India

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/mumbai-4-mths-after-dismantling-covid-centre-bmc-to-rebuild-at-rs-45cr/articleshow/82335902.cms

BC yesterday the BMC commissioner was saying that not a single Jumbo covid centre was dismantled. :ranting::doh:

• Sad 1

That health minister is such an embarrassment.

Says all the wrong things. Feels like he is more worried about saving his a*s than the state of the country.

He needs to resign. If only we had a strong opposition.

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Says all the wrong things. Feels like he is more worried about saving his a*s than the state of the country.

As someone said, opposition needs to come out on the streets but they're just on twitter. 

Harshvardhan was always a soft spoken guy, dunno what happened in the last few months, he's completely lost it. That letter to MMS was just embarassing. 

I think the only qualification for being a HM in this govt is to be a Dr.  if they follow this logic our next HM might be Dr. Sambit Patra :panic:

15 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Should have straight up funded the expansion of facilities in exchange for lower pricing. 

I mean it's not like we dont have existing infrastructure that can be put to use for this.

https://theprint.in/india/india-needs-vaccines-now-but-this-govt-plant-in-tamil-nadu-has-been-idle-for-9-years/631770/

India needs vaccines now, but this Rs 904-crore PSU in Tamil Nadu has been idle for 9 years

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Guys scampering for vaccine, hold on boys, sit at home for few weeks. Its going to start showing up and in current scenario you are better at home then getting the first jab. 

I am sure 40-50% will return back with virus who go to hospitals now without proper protection. Break the chain, vaccine availability will only get better with time not worsen. 

Exactly what I am doing

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Lutyens > lives. 

56 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Pretty much this. We have failed at planning for the future. Our mistake was to rely on just 2 manufacturers for vaccination of an entire nation.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Should have straight up funded the expansion of facilities in exchange for lower pricing. 

There are 50 different ways a crisis could've been avoided if the administration could take some effort. 

50 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

The issue is we are run by politicians. Uneducated people with no sense of vision or planning. They just want to gobble power, show some philanthropy, and boost their image and egos. 

We don't have well qualified well published respected researchers or scientists in any key positions because religion and politics trump logic and science. 

When rallies and voting are turned into entertainment, this is what we get. 

HV should just f**king resign. The way he licks PM's a*s is not even funny anymore. Zero vision, chest thumping, zero respect from his own medical community. Absolute failure of a guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Lutyens > lives. 

The issue is we are run by politicians. Uneducated people with no sense of vision or planning. They just want to gobble power, show some philanthropy, and boost their image and egos. 

We don't have well qualified well published respected researchers or scientists in any key positions because religion and politics trump logic and science. 

When rallies and voting are turned into entertainment, this is what we get. 

HV should just f**king resign. The way he licks PM's a*s is not even funny anymore. Zero vision, chest thumping, zero respect from his own medical community. Absolute failure of a guy. 

He's the fall guy I feel. He'll be fired after taking all the heat. 

27 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Guys scampering for vaccine, hold on boys, sit at home for few weeks. Its going to start showing up and in current scenario you are better at home then getting the first jab. 

I am sure 40-50% will return back with virus who go to hospitals now without proper protection. Break the chain, vaccine availability will only get better with time not worsen. 

Words of wisdom, but they fall on deaf years. Many will rush for vaccine, get infected during first jab, will have fever, will dismiss it as symptom of vaccine, and then situation will be worse. Those who don't need to step out for work should sit at home till positivity rate reduces to like 5-8% in their area. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Words of wisdom, but they fall on deaf years. Many will rush for vaccine, get infected during first jab, will have fever, will dismiss it as symptom of vaccine, and then situation will be worse. Those who don't need to step out for work should sit at home till positivity rate reduces to like 5-8% in their area. 

Ppl wanna suffer instead of being safe, stupidity. Lot of the early one will be Instagram warriors, just to post that pic. Later hopefully something else does not go on that pic. 

58 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

think the only qualification for being a HM in this govt is to be a Dr.  if they follow this logic our next HM might be Dr. Sambit Patra :panic:

This is the issue in our system that cabinet appointees are Political appointees, not those who know in depth about that particular domain.

Domain expert who are non-political appointees, tend to do better job, case in point Ajit Doval.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What to do about my uncle? He had his first dose of Covishield about 4 weeks back. Wondering if I should just ask him to avoid the second dose a few weeks. He has heart related medical issues so kinda scared. 

You dont have number of his doctor. Not possible to call cardiologist? 

What kind of heart problem he got ?

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What to do about my uncle? He had his first dose of Covishield about 4 weeks back. Wondering if I should just ask him to avoid the second dose a few weeks. He has heart related medical issues so kinda scared. 

I read Covishield is good do go till 12 weeks. But as risk is much higher right now, start trying to get the second jab right when minimum wait limit starts.

Edited by Right

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Covishield recommended gap for 2nd week is 12 weeks anyways. So wait for it to get maximum efficacy, unless he needs to step out for work or feels unsafe even at home. It's a very tricky decision which thankfully I don't have to take for anyone.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He's the fall guy I feel. He'll be fired after taking all the heat. 

Dude, he is incompetent as f**k. 

Look at his earlier statements, pre pandemic. He is not a doctor, he is political material, and that's why he is the Health Minister. 

Utter incompetent dumbf**k of a person. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Wait till 12 weeks. Let the positivity rate go down to 5%. 

If the period elapses, go for a fresh dosing via private  setup.