The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dude, he is incompetent as f**k. 

Look at his earlier statements, pre pandemic. He is not a doctor, he is political material, and that's why he is the Health Minister. 

Utter incompetent dumbf**k of a person. 

Wait till 12 weeks. Let the positivity rate go down to 5%. 

If the period elapses, go for a fresh dosing via private  setup. 

Thanks. I'll ask him to stay put. No one's leaving the home in my family so don't wanna risk exposure just for vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

So let’s say the situation is as bad or worse even at the 12th day 

Is there any info what happens if you miss the second dose window all together 

You take the first dose again?!? 
after how much time?!?

12th week, not 12th day. 

But no, no one has the info. And no one can guide you. 

I will personally just start anew. Looks like my parents will also undergo the same issue. Their 8 weeks ended on 23rd April. And it doesn't look likely that positivity rate will go down so soon. Dad already had COVID. Mom is the main person to get vaccine now, but I think we will have to defer. An apparently healthy person going to a hospital is just adding tons of risk. 

In another news,

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-asias-biggest-pharma-hub-at-baddi-plunges-into-crisis-as-raw-material-prices-shoot-up/381667

Gupta said, “Our association has been persistently asking the Indian government to set up an API-monitoring cell for regulating the prices of bulk drugs to save the interests of the MSME sector. The fluctuation in the prices and malpractices in the API have badly the sector during the pandemic.”

He recalled that all documents relating to the issue and also supporting evidence have been handed over to the government, which is dilly-dallying on setting up the monitoring cell despite a promise it had made in August 2018.

Incompetent governance once again. So much for aatmanirbhar. All API prices have increased 100-200%. Drug prices will go haywire now. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

12th week, not 12th day. 

But no, no one has the info. And no one can guide you. 

I will personally just start anew. Looks like my parents will also undergo the same issue. Their 8 weeks ended on 23rd April. And it doesn't look likely that positivity rate will go down so soon. Dad already had COVID. Mom is the main person to get vaccine now, but I think we will have to defer. An apparently healthy person going to a hospital is just adding tons of risk. 

In another news,

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-asias-biggest-pharma-hub-at-baddi-plunges-into-crisis-as-raw-material-prices-shoot-up/381667

Incompetent governance once again. So much for aatmanirbhar. All API prices have increased 100-200%. Drug prices will go haywire now. 

Damn.

You know what saddens/angers me more? 

This government isn't going away anytime soon . I Honestly think no government should get more than 5 years of tenure so they are kept In check 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hope he died gasping for breath. 

well, he was a bad man.

my dad was posted in Siwan for a year, Shahabuddin’s man killed a man in front of my dad in a market.

Then there was this DM, I used to play in his colonial-era bungalow. One day Shahaduddin’s man attacked him in a court with a machete, didn’t die but was in hospital for very long time.

5 minutes ago, Right said:

well, he was a bad man.

my dad was posted in Siwan for a year, Shahabuddin’s man killed a man in front of my dad in a market.

Then there was this DM, I used to play in his colonial-era bungalow. One day Shahaduddin’s man attacked him in a court with a machete, didn’t die but was in hospital for very long time.

Still he goes on to become an MP! You can clearly see what kind of people we have around .

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yeah I think they should start tying up with pathology labs for home jabs 

atleast for the ppl on their second dose 

So much of doses are just going to go waste if ppl miss their 6-12 weeks window due to high positivity rate outdoors

Do paise ki planning nahi kar rakhi iss chu*iya sarkar ne :doh: 

In Kanpur, my sis (whose husband passed away) had to their local hospital doing home jabs as long as the RWA could confirm minimum 10 people. 

But it was a hospital/RWA initiative. 

Home jabs are not easy. Just to give you an example, India's largest vaccination program - OPV - uses lacs of volunteers, ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers etc to make it a success. And it is a success since WHO oversees the project, and not the Indian government. Every case of AFB goes through WHO employees, with rigid reporting rules. 

I really doubt we have that bandwidth for home jabs for everyone, and other programs cannot be stopped due to COVID. 

27 minutes ago, Right said:

well, he was a bad man.

Reminds me of our stint in Jharkhand and Chattisgarh. Tons of close shaves with Naxalites and Maoists. 

But killing a man in front of another man. Can't imagine what your dad must have felt. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I cannot talk about homeo or unani, but naturopathy has it's use. The first line anti diabetic treatment - Metformin - was discovered in plants. 

Around 40-50% of modern medicine drugs have been derived from plants. 

You see tons of companies selling haldi tablets now. Known to be anti inflammatory.

Ofcourse, all this is to be done within limits. There is no magic bullet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What to do about my uncle? He had his first dose of Covishield about 4 weeks back. Wondering if I should just ask him to avoid the second dose a few weeks. He has heart related medical issues so kinda scared. 

My mom also had get first covishield dose 4 weeks ago. I am going to wait for 2 more weeks and see what the situation is. 

India's official recommendation is to give 2nd dosage between 6 to 8 weeks. 

UKs recommendation is 12 weeks. 

So I'm going to wait until that 6 week limit, then start checking situation weekly. If things are still bad, postpone by a week. 

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Reminds me of our stint in Jharkhand and Chattisgarh. Tons of close shaves with Naxalites and Maoists. 

But killing a man in front of another man. Can't imagine what your dad must have felt. 

lol. Dad had very eventful time in Bihar, too much for a Bank Manager.

The killer walked out as if nothing happened, the crowd dispersed w/o anyone checking on the guy lying in pool of blood. Lives are too cheap.

The branch he was posted in, had currency chest, it used to be full all the time, so they used to stuff cash in wooden almirahs.

And not even once there was any robberies. Crazy.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Yeah I think they should start tying up with pathology labs for home jabs 

atleast for the ppl on their second dose 

US has turned the Pharmacies into vaccination centers.

It is very good decision, reduces load on overworked healthcare workers in hospitals.