The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

15 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

So a new scam is in process. Indians will find a loophole to black market the vaccines no matter what procedure the govt follows.

18-44 person books a slot somehow. Goes to the vaccination center and is turned away saying vaccine is not available but gets a sms later about receiving the dose anyhow. 

The person with legitimate booking doesnt get the dose and the hospital diverts it. Be careful when you guys book your slot and get it done from centers that are not indulging in such practices. a simple twitter keyword search should help.

Holy f**k. Same happened with a relative just yesterday. He booked via Arogya Setu app, and I was blaming the app and told him to book via CoWin instead. 

17 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

So a new scam is in process. Indians will find a loophole to black market the vaccines no matter what procedure the govt follows.

18-44 person books a slot somehow. Goes to the vaccination center and is turned away saying vaccine is not available but gets a sms later about receiving the dose anyhow. 

The person with legitimate booking doesnt get the dose and the hospital diverts it. Be careful when you guys book your slot and get it done from centers that are not indulging in such practices. a simple twitter keyword search should help.

WTF man, ppl should have shame. Disgusting.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have seen this first hand. A person in my extended family had his oxygen in the 70s and was in a really bad state. Doc prescribed the HRCT but the damn guy refused because he heard Guleria speak about cancer.

This is the issue I was talking about.

Guleria was right about needing HRCT in moderate cases but the way he communicated that by saying the 300-400x statistic was completely wrong.

Eventually they were able to force him to get the CT done.

People are so bad at risk assesment. Granted, no patient is ever rational, but you expect the relatives to be able to think rationally.

Even if HRCT has a high chance of causing cancer, you do not have time or luxury to worry about that when you are dying of Covid.

Also, Dr. Guleria needs to be seriously reprimanded for making such a reckless panic inducing statement at the peak of a pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Holy f**k. Same happened with a relative just yesterday. He booked via Arogya Setu app, and I was blaming the app and told him to book via CoWin instead. 

3 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

WTF man, ppl should have shame. Disgusting.

Also be careful about clicking on the reschedule option once you get a slot. I tried doing it after my wife got a slot at a different center. But her center got booked by the time i could make the switch. So i just went back and my booking was intact.

When i went for my dose the Hospital had my name in their records but to comfirm the jab they got to do something at their end on the computer. Upon clicking on my name the system gave them the error "person has opted out from vaccination". When I clicked on reschedule my slot must have opened up. 

The humble and genuine people that they are they registered me again from their end and gave me the dose anyway. So technically walk in vaccination can happen if the Hospital peeps so wish. 

35 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Totally f**ked up and totally in character with what I expect from our brethren :ranting:

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

I really don’t know how this would work 

coz until & unless you get a jab from an authorised channel it is as good as a placebo 

There is just no way to authenticate whether you got it or not 

Why would anyone even think of buying in black 

Maybe the person will sell it to people who find the said person to be trustworthy?

The scammer has family members looking to get vaccinated?

There are several such possibilities.

Edited by Bhpian Bali

Just now, AnK said:

Even if it ends up between super trustworthy channel 

Until & unless you get a jab in government records it’s going to be yet another problem for various other reasons 

The person who takes the jab meant for someone else then later gets registered and books a slot to get jabbed but doesnt and pays the people off to trigger that vaccination sms once vaccines are easily available? Or simply ask the original source to do that.

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Until & unless you get a jab in government records it’s going to be yet another problem for various other reasons 

Why ? Vaccination is still optional. 

Why would anyone face a problem if they are not shown to be vaccinated (unless a travel certificate is needed). 

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

Even if it ends up between super trustworthy channel 

People slip through the cracks all the time. This is a minor inconvenience at most.

The bigger issue is the people that havent been vaccinated but according to the govt they have.

Edited by Walker

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

As soon as this sh*t pandemic ends I'm going to try my best to get the heck out of dodge. Every f**king day is some new sh*t.

13 minutes ago, Right said:

I don't know what chu#giri going on in this country. 

I mean, apart from blaming Delhi, he is right. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/coronavirus-outbreak/story/nsg-commando-dies-of-covid-capf-hospital-defunct-ventilators-no-live-saving-ambulance-1799195-2021-05-05

CAPF hospital (Greater Noida) did not have a working ventilator. AIIMS said they can't arrange at such short notice (understandable). Fortis agreed to give one, but CAPF had no ACLS ambulance. He did reach Fortis apparently, but died due to MI. 

Also, Deepak Chaurasia has an extremely irritating demeanor and an extremely punchable face. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

14 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Also, Deepak Chaurasia has an extremely irritating demeanor and an extremely punchable face. 

Every journalist has punchable face. 
it is one of the worst professions out there.