The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

30 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Because they have to report the reality to rhe world. Also US media is leftist to the core, it's in their best interest to expose the failures of RW governments like India (though our government is RW only in appearance, it's leftist or whatever it has to be to stay in power) But all this doesn't negate the fact that we are screwed and pyres are burning. Articles are going down because it is not as hot anymore in US as it was during beginning of wave. They will move on to other issues, unless something dramatic happens here again. There are whatsapp university professors spreading crap like all this is Maoist conspiracy to take down Modi because he saved India last year and cost a lot of money to pharma lobby. There are idiots everywhere.

I didn't see Media reporting burials in the US equally enthusiastically.

Look at first two weeks of February, >3000 died everyday on average.

But that is all side point, main thing is how US allowed dilution of IP rights, all of a sudden.

32 minutes ago, AnK said:

I know ppl will laugh 

but another “theory” doing the rounds is that young population will be the next target in the third wave 

It could be also because they would be the ones not vaccinated by then 

But I guess no one has a clue right now 

BTW this 19yo person 

did he have any comorbidities ?!?

Like I said, no diseases whatsoever prior to this. He used to smoke Hukka though, but it is something a lot of people here do. 

Very sad news.

My friend's girlfriend who was a PhD scholar in the Biosciences dept. of my college, passed away because of COVID. She was 24.

Absolutely horrible, can't even muster up the courage to call him again.

• Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Right said:

But that is all side point, main thing is how US allowed dilution of IP rights, all of a sudden.

Because their image took a massive hit after that idiot made the statement that it's in the world's interest to see American people first or whatever. coupled that with India's vaccine maithri program which got us immense goodwill and literally everyone (not just indians) was going after the US govt after that. Doval's call most certainly helped us and them fastrack our relations but this has nothing to do with him unless there's a statement coming out of US that this is a biological attack on the world unleashed by china (not happening even if true)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Right said:

They did. When Trump was in power.

On risk of getting political, this is how it is:

RW is full of morons and LW is full of hypocrites.

For example, most RW will completely disregard science for religion and alternative medicine, LW will accept only those studies that conforms to their beliefs.

LW will never accept China spread Covid, or the scientific research of gender studies, or how Parental alienation is real and causes psychological issues etc etc. Both will criticise opposite ideology governments even if their own governments are doing badly.

Both wings are equally dangerous and can change course of the world for worse. We need to tip toe around their propaganda and beliefs and have an open mind. Difficult to be a centrist but it's possible.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

unless there's a statement coming out of US that this is a biological attack on the world unleashed by china (not happening even if true)

Yes.  We will never know what triggered them. But this is closest to what I think the worse could be.

21 minutes ago, Right said:

People have Short memories.. I still remember the mass graves on hart island…and horrible videos from New York, when it became the epicentre of covid outbreak in USA..

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Thing 

is the tests & deaths in US were quite transparent compared to the world standards 

For whatever political reason it maybe 

but they were depicting an as close to reality picture as possible 

ROFL! 

Please read about NY governor Andrew Cuomo and his handling on the crisis and how he went from a liberal hero to zero in few months. 

Every country has fudged data be it US, Russia, China, Iran, turkey or us only the scale and extent varies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

India (though our government is RW only in appearance, it's leftist or whatever it has to be to stay in power) 

Because they're bhagwa communists. Watch them give out more and more sops to their poor voterbase while middle and business class are made to bear it &  get fked in the rearside. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AnK said:

@sobbii ‘s Mom passed away yesterday 

I prey for them

May her soul Rest in Peace ?

Everyone please stay safe & strong 

very bad times ?

Damn it man, stay strong @sobbiiour condolences and may her soul RIP. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that Biden admin has allowed foregoing the IP rights.

Dunno why people have to resort to conspiracy stuff when the answer is incredible simple. His party put pressure on him. The progressive wing of Democratic Party has been talking about it for some weeks now. 

This has happened before too with Biden reversing his stance on immigration at the border. There was something else as well but I can't remember it right now.  

Can't believe the incredible mental gymnastics and conspiracy theories some people have resort to accept that maybe someone with an opposing ideology did something good. 

• Like 8

Guys pray for speedy recovery of Harjas. He is hospitalized due to Covid yesterday. So far he is doing good and has oxygen bed. Today is his 8th day after symptoms so hopefully he will get better in next 2-3 days. 

• Sad 15