The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

17 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

i accidentally quoted fake news few pages back.

Guy is a Nobel Laureate, he is a virologist & qualifies to have an opinion. He didn’t say die in 2 years but he did call it an enormous mistake.

Right now everyone is walking a tight rope here, you can’t say anything bad, just wait for future to unfold and keep your mouth shut. It can lead to bad things, cuz doomsayers are made to shut up. They allowed Plasma Therapy for a year and just when they probably realised that it is possibly making the virus stronger, w/o any explanation they removed the practise.

Its shitty situation TBH.

21 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Monday. Let's see today's and tomorrow's data.

2.08, not too bad as change is about 12K

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

Just now, AtheK said:

2.08, not too had as change is about 12K

Yes, if today also similar drop then by end of week it will remain below 2 lakh. Maharashtra is constantly hovering around 22-25k which is absurd considering its lockdown. No idea when will people learn. Teens are playing and roaming around in my society without masks. I won't be surprised if cases rise up again in first week of June, but then news like no home isolation and mucormycosis due to bad quality nasal swabs might prevent people from testing.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Yes, if today also similar drop then by end of week it will remain below 2 lakh. Maharashtra is constantly hovering around 22-25k which is absurd considering its lockdown. No idea when will people learn. Teens are playing and roaming around in my society without masks. I won't be surprised if cases rise up again in first week of June, but then news like no home isolation and mucormycosis due to bad quality nasal swabs might prevent people from testing.

Stupidity can't be treated, and being borderline sadistic, they in this case deserve what they will get.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I couldn't find any respectable outlet reporting his views so I don't think he has any weight. He also said sometime back that Covid has HIV strain which was proven false later. 

Also, yeah lot of sh*t like Remdesivir, plasma therapy, etc being peddled even though it was never proven it works. 

He was one of the first to say the virus was man made and now he is proven correct, though he also said that bacteria DNA emit radioactive waves :lol:

He seems to be an eccentric personality.

Anyways as per epidemiology, vaccination should never been done in a pandemic, but we had no option as it was the only way to prevent deaths and hospitalization. Who knows what future holds.

4 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Unable to sleep or up due to work? 

Work, and younger daughter. 

Sleep cycles are f**ked for everyone since both wife and me are working. Younger daughter has decided to reverse her sleep pattern, and was up since 1 am. Slept at 6 am. :cry:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Huh...How is this even possible?  Everyone's saying it's impossible to book a slot. I thought we were having supply issues

Edited by Aloy

20 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Huh...How is this even possible?  Everyone's saying it's impossible to book a slot. I thought we were having supply issues

villages and tribal areas where ppl still dont give a fk. Politicians & influencers promoted vaccine hesitancy and generally our first wave was almost ending when the vaccination drive began so everyone thought corona is over

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Right said:

Capitalism is the solution of the problem.

We are too obsessed about pricing for  “Gareebs” and missing out making money from folks who are ready to pay.

Poor already have Ayushman Bharat, so healthcare is free for them. Middle class buys Insurance, decent one cost at least 5k per person per year.

A lot of these guys pay taxes and/or generate employment. So these guys dying or even being in hospital is gonna harm the country.

We do have problem with vaccine availability and to cover that we need to put hard cash on table. Pfizer and Moderna will be north of 1500, realistically 2000-2200. 
If I was running the govt, I will start a paid section on Cowin for these. Book the vaxx, make an advance payment and sign personal indemnity. Then get vaxxed ay center of your choice.

Money ain't the problem - India had 590 Billion dollars in forex reserves (highest ever in our history )  at the end of January 2021 . Let's say Pfizer/Moderna vaccine would cost 20 dollars a shot. And our government was to place order for 1 Billion doses . That's 20 Billion dollars . 

This is something government could easily have paid and it wouldn't have hurt our economy at all . What's the point of having such high reserves when we won't use it in time of needs . 

Of course supply constraints are there but that's entirely different matter . 

Forget the forex reserves If the government made use of 35k crores it alloted for vaccines in budget we may have had more vaccines than what we have now . 

Quote from a comment I read on YouTube from a random guy

"Lack of motivation ,inefficient government structure where there is no accountability and no media/opposition to challenge wrong doings is the cause of the disaster we have faced . The lack of medical infrastructure is just incidental."

Truth is we are not a poor country anymore . It's not about lack of money rather about the lack of will to do anything .

• Like 4

Damn so much wastage . We really need to have proper media campaign's to remove vaccine hesitancy . Newspaper/TV/Radio we need to use all mediums now . Stupid caller tune - vaccines are safe ain't working obviously 

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

A lot of medical professionals who had taken Covishield earlier due to lack of options are reportedly taking a “third” CoVaxin jab to stay safe in the ground zero work places (obviously unofficially)

There is a strong notion generated amongst them that Covishield is not really affective against the new variant & ppl who were on Covishield are the ones who have died 

Reports coming from Karnataka & other places 

I think it’s just that more ppl were administered with Covishield hence it’s only natural that more immune escape cases will show up for that lot 

But yeah there is a strong notion that by the very nature the CoVaxin category of vaccines have more types of antigens to fight more types of variants 

Read most "red dragon"''s posts from here: https://techenclave.com/threads/corona-is-in-full-swing-and-its-not-joke.194987/post-2273108

He is one of the WHO doctors doing analysis of data sent by BB. And it seems absolutely rubbish. 

16 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Read most "red dragon"''s posts from here: https://techenclave.com/threads/corona-is-in-full-swing-and-its-not-joke.194987/post-2273108

He is one of the WHO doctors doing analysis of data sent by BB. And it seems absolutely rubbish. 

Explain to me like I'm 2years old please. I don't know what to believe anymore. Is Covaxin good or is it a pile of sh*t is what he's saying or are you saying he's a pile of sh*t? :lol:

Ps : Sorry I'm sleep deprived as well past few weeks :(

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

Explain to me like I'm 2years old please. I don't know what to believe anymore. Is Covaxin good or is it a pile of sh*t is what he's saying or are you saying he's a pile of sh*t? :lol:

Ps : Sorry I'm sleep deprived as well past few weeks :(

He works closely with Tedros, and is one of the analysts of the data submitted by BB. Has been to 5 countries to manage COVID (via WHO), and is currently in Kolkata (he is a Bengali). 

According to his prelim analysis, the data is bad. Worse than Sinovac's data. There is no proof that the vaccine works. 

Rest, read from where I linked. Check his posts only. You will get an idea. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AnK said:

A lot of medical professionals who had taken Covishield earlier due to lack of options are reportedly taking a “third” CoVaxin jab to stay safe in the ground zero work places (obviously unofficially)

There is a strong notion generated amongst them that Covishield is not really affective against the new variant & ppl who were on Covishield are the ones who have died 

Reports coming from Karnataka & other places 

I think it’s just that more ppl were administered with Covishield hence it’s only natural that more immune escape cases will show up for that lot 

But yeah there is a strong notion that by the very nature the CoVaxin category of vaccines have more types of antibodies to fight more types of variants 

I think you missed the study where Covidshield and Pfizer both worked upto the mark against Indian variants while Covaxin, well, didn't provide any data.