The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

16 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

:rofl: never seen doctors wearing gamchas on duty. 

Shabaash mere India !!

Is that an idli steamer in which the vials are kept? 

The left ice box has the vaccine. The steel box must be storing something else.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

The left ice box has the vaccine. The steel box must be storing something else.

I’m guessing some jugaadu sterilisation pot for the needles. But kuch bhi possible hai. Even idlis for the staff. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Mahishasur health centre :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Bhpian Balicheck the first pic, this is how vaccine is stored and transported in interiors. 

BC Interior mein better storage hai in cool box. 

mahishasurites bhi vaccine le rahe :scratchchin:

14 hours ago, yogi_boy said:

Yes this was the case when I went for vaccination and also whn I took my aunt, vials were out on the table in a simple tray. 

chalo meri biradri wale aur bhi logg hai. :cheers:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/nri/migrate/more-indians-mull-shifting-base-abroad-amid-pandemic-pain/articleshow/82990826.cms

Queries are pouring in for not just the usual destinations such as the US, Canada and Australia but also smaller nations like Austria, Ireland, Portugal, Malta, Cyprus, Turkey and even Saint Kitts and Nevis, despite language issues. The prime consideration is ease of obtaining visas for better opportunities. To be sure, the main candidates remain Australia, Canada and New Zealand.

With the second wave impacting almost every Indian family in one way or another, the main emigration push has undergone a clear change in the recent past, said Charanjit Singh, director, iVACS Global, which offers visa and immigration services.

“We are now being contacted by clients from middle-class families wishing to explore the possibilities of establishing themselves along with their families either in a country of their choice or a country which offers better facilities to its citizens, particularly health and education, requires minimum investment and takes less time to process their immigration application,” Singh said.

Prior to the pandemic, almost 90% of clients cited reasons such as expansion of business to taxation policies to ease of doing business and almost all were from higher-income brackets.

“So many people want to get out of here,” said an employee of an immigration consultant firm in Mumbai. “People feel the governments in overseas countries provide value for their money and taxes. The second wave has made people realise how important infrastructure is for a country. People feel if they are not going to be taken care of despite earning so much and if the government is unwilling to spend on healthcare, they see no reason for living here.”

• Sad 5

I have to pay so much tax that i have nothing left at the end of the year. 51% tax considering gst of 18% on my margin too and 33% tax. After that i have to pay for investments and expenses i have never seen surplus bank balance in my lifetime and I am 34 years old and been working since  2011. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 2

Even before the pandemic loads of indian millionaires were leaving india because of tax terrorism and govt treating wealth creators as chors. 

From 2019

https://www.businessinsider.in/why-indias-millionaires-are-leaving-india/articleshow/69321959.cms

5000 Millionaires Left India In 2018: Report

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-5000-millionaires-left-india-in-2018-report/330251

So much for "ease of doing business" and "govt has no business to be in business" :giggle:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have to pay so much tax that i have nothing left towards the end of the year. 51% tax considering gst of 18% on my margin too and 33% tax. After that i have to pay for investments and expenses i have never seen surplus bank balance in my lifetime and I am 34 years old and been working since  2011. 

True, my family paid 39% marginal tax rate last year. Why should be bother staying here and paying such high tax when nothing is being provided in return?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

GST margin se thodi katta hai. You charge it to the customer. 

You end up paying gst on margin too. You will understand once you do it. Anyway my business is more of a fixed margin work. Any thinf extra an i cannot compete. 

Brother got the jab today, we'd been waiting for a few of weeks to find a slot, but there's been no availability for 18+. A friend a couple of days ago went to a nearby village PHC where he got the jab as a walk-in.

Asked the brother to go in today to see if he can get it too. He reached around 1PM and got Covishield. They offered a choice between both. The place was quite empty, with only 5 or so people there total. 

@Bhpian Bali they took out the vial from an ice box. 

They said that the villagers aren't coming in for vaccination at all and most doses they get, around 100 a day for dose 1and 50 for dose 2, are either being administered to walk-ins regardless of age or being wasted. 

Just now, achilles said:

Brother got the jab today, we'd been waiting for a few of weeks to find a slot, but there's been no availability for 18+. A friend a couple of days ago went to a nearby village PHC where he got the jab as a walk-in.

Asked the brother to go in today to see if he can get it too. He reached around 1PM and got Covishield. They offered a choice between both. The place was quite empty, with only 5 or so people there total. 

They said that the villagers aren't coming in for vaccination at all and most doses they get, around 100 a day for dose 1and 50 for dose 2, are either being administered to walk-ins regardless of age or being wasted. 

Which village ?

Just now, achilles said:

Which state and district? I was technically a walk in too when i got my vaccine on 2nd. I tried rescheduling my slot at the place my was gonna get vaccinated. I didn't find place there so clicked on "back". When I reached my center they got an error saying "user has declined vaccination" or some sh*t. So they registered me again from their end. The walkin provision has always been there.

Even villages are storing the vials properly as i guess their refrigeration system would face irregular power cuts.

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

The government is total choot for wasting vials on villagers & not vaccinating the high density metros ASAP 

I sometime fail to fathom the moronity this administration is bringing upon us 

I mean what the f**k!!!!! 

A colleague of mine passed away last week due to COVID. The main reason according to my manager was that he was in his hometown (remote area) and the medical facilities there were inadequate. So vaccinating people in villages is even more important than metros because the medical infrastructure in even T3 cities suck leave alone villages. 

I understand that metros need to be given importance because of higher population density. But your comment seems to imply that the lives of villagers are lesser than that of metro dwellers. Is that so?

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

The government is total choot for wasting vials on villagers & not vaccinating the high density metros ASAP 

Massive vote bank is in rural areas. They dont care if there is a surplus but it is very easy to enrage them if you dont give something that is meant to be given. They would've got easily manipulated by opposition. So government and opposition both suck in this country. Atleast government can hide behind that shield that they are treating all areas with equal priority. Mature and practicle politics cannot be played in India. 

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

Absolutely. :lol:

27 minutes ago, AnK said:

images (4).jpeg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Right said:

The money may not be problem but availability and setting the priority of distribution are.

Including a pay-for model reduces problem of distribution to those who are willing to get jabbed and want to cut the queue.

Let’s say if govt gets 20cr vaxx every month, which is a impossible figure, it will still not able to provide to people who want at priority. 90cr will remain at mercy of Cowin lottery or use corruption to sneak through.

This is the problem pay-for solves.

its like there are people who want to watch a movie First Day First show, since hall can have only limited Balcony seats, how Cinema owners can solve it? Either by allowing some of tix sold in black or by adding premium row of Sofa seats which cost double than Balcony and cater to a certain crowd.

There will be huge opposition to such a move as everyone would say only those who can afford to pay can get vaccinated . Those who don't want/cannot pay will be left behind .

Even those who don't want to get vaccinated right now due to doubts/ hesitancy (whether in rural areas/ cities ) will oppose this move . As not going for vaccination is their choice but if they are deprived of vaccines because others paid more than them will make them angry as hell .