The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

Genius. I went back to the original post to see what the fuss is all about. You guys are horrible:slap:, can't do math and making fun of someone who actually knows what he's doing. :bash:

4 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Genius. I went back to the original post to see what the fuss is all about. You guys are horrible:slap:, can't do math and making fun of someone who actually knows what he's doing. :bash:

Are bhai mazak tha woh. I thought my inclusion of Hamas would give that away. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Well, the vaccines are not experimental and untested, for one. They've passed all sorts of scientific scrutiny. 

Except Covaxin. 

India is NOT actively tracking AEs. Infact, most pharmas/doctors have never reported AEs with their drugs to the regulator in years. 

2-3 years back, the regulator introduced online submission of AE reporting, and the numbers are still ridiculously low. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What's AE? 

9 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

I assume Adverse Events.

Yeah. Plus the India regulator currently only wants SAEs or serious AEs (primarily AEs requiring hospitalization or causing death or handicap) to be mandatorily reported. Compare this with USFDA regs, which require the smallest AE to be mandatorily reported within 24 hours (else there's a lot of extra reporting needed, including justification of delayed reporting etc). 

When you have a co morbid patient taking drugs for say diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, is maybe suffering from diabetic nephropathy, and took a vaccine, and collapsed after 2 days, how do you ensure what was responsible ? And who reports ? The patients family is too busy with last rites and mourning (and I guess patients don't even know there's an AE reporting system). The doctors are too hesistant to report since they feel the regulators or local medical council will somehow make them the scapegoat. Unless someone informs AZ/SII/BB, they don't have a responsibility to report. And the government sure does not want any reporting since it will undermine their vaccination efforts. 

For Covishield, at least we have some data from other countries (though that source will soon dry up since it's getting banned left right and centre). 

For Covaxin, ram bharose reporting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Right said:

I think its After-Effects.

That makes more sense. :D

I was reading some article a while back which was talking about "adverse events" so I assumed.

Edited by TRMNTR

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Plus the India regulator currently only wants SAEs or serious AEs (primarily AEs requiring hospitalization or causing death or handicap) to be mandatorily reported. Compare this with USFDA regs, which require the smallest AE to be mandatorily reported within 24 hours (else there's a lot of extra reporting needed, including justification of delayed reporting etc). 

When you have a co morbid patient taking drugs for say diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, is maybe suffering from diabetic nephropathy, and took a vaccine, and collapsed after 2 days, how do you ensure what was responsible ? And who reports ? The patients family is too busy with last rites and mourning (and I guess patients don't even know there's an AE reporting system). The doctors are too hesistant to report since they feel the regulators or local medical council will somehow make them the scapegoat. Unless someone informs AZ/SII/BB, they don't have a responsibility to report. And the government sure does not want any reporting since it will undermine their vaccination efforts. 

For Covishield, at least we have some data from other countries (though that source will soon dry up since it's getting banned left right and centre). 

For Covaxin, ram bharose reporting. 

Do you have some data on fatalities post vaccination either by getting infected or by the vaccine itself from some unofficial sources? 

Just now, radicaldude said:

Do you have some data on fatalities post vaccination either by getting infected or by the vaccine itself from some unofficial sources? 

Anecdotal data is not scientific data. Nobody knows about the level of AEs post COVID vaccination in India. Most hospitals/clinics/non clinical setups are too busy vaccinating people than collating any other data. And many SAEs can happen after the 30 min waiting window (which anyway makes zero sense).