The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

22 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Pfizer is causing such issues in small number of cases (which would still be quite huge in real world). I know of a colleague from Australia, super healthy, suffered Pericarditis within 2 days of Pfizer jab. 

Got diagnosed early on, the doctors too said they are seeing it quite often with Pfizer. Is on drugs, and hopefully should be OK in near future. 

Doc saab, Pfizer pe to mere ko pahle se hi doubt tha. Lekin aap log maan nahi rahe the.

This is why they have taken sovereign guarantees from govt all over the world, so they cannot be sued.

2 hours ago, Right said:

Doc saab, Pfizer pe to mere ko pahle se hi doubt tha. Lekin aap log maan nahi rahe the.

This is why they have taken sovereign guarantees from govt all over the world, so they cannot be sued.

These low rate AEs slip past most CTs. Unless the AE percentage is 1% or above, most regulators will not give it a 2nd thought (or if it's an extremely serious issue with rare rates). 

I still don't think the rate is high, but its still present unfortunately, and moving away from stats, some people will feel those side effects. 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, AnK said:

No mall or any public place for that matter is asking for RTPCR in NCR AFAIK 

Please give link. 
Even if there are official links,he wouldn’t have shut down if there was enough traffic as his was the oldest & most well known link for India. 

In general ppl are not bothered now & I hope it stays this way *touchwood*. 

The link is my original post itself.

12 hours ago, Right said:

I don't think this proves that you were right about Pfizer or that the others were wrong to disagree with you.

At that point, there was nothing except Pfizer and Astra, hence these side effects didn't matter or observed, especially when people were dying like flies. We really needed anything we can get at that point of time.

And it's not like Pfizer knew that something like this might happen and hence they wanted guarantees. They did develop a brand new vaccine in record time.

And as Bird said, regulators don't care if it's <1% and almost every new vaccine has such unreported AEs. 

There would have been much more deaths if Pfizer wasn't there.

This is the nature of vaccine development and science in general. It learns and evolves, can't do anything about it.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I don't think this proves that you were right about Pfizer or that the others were wrong to disagree with you.

At that point, there was nothing except Pfizer and Astra, hence these side effects didn't matter or observed, especially when people were dying like flies. We really needed anything we can get at that point of time.

And it's not like Pfizer knew that something like this might happen and hence they wanted guarantees. They did develop a brand new vaccine in record time.

And as Bird said, regulators don't care if it's <1% and almost every new vaccine has such unreported AEs. 

There would have been much more deaths if Pfizer wasn't there.

This is the nature of vaccine development and science in general. It learns and evolves, can't do anything about it.

I cannot say at this point that Pfizer has asked indemnities around the world cuz they "know" that something is wrong but can say that because they "think" something may go wrong.

And the fact that they were amongst the first few who were able to push through the the emergency use window, probably they weren't so confident about the data they received, at the same time stalling would've caused them dear commercially with Moderna, J&J & AZ ready with their own.

Today, Pfizer efficacy against delta is well known. States like Vermont and Countries like Israel which heavily banked on Pfizer are having more cases than pre-vaxx times, and now would be the time we know about the AE even clearly.

I think end of the day no matter how much hue & cry mRNA Vaccines  & Sputnik made about their efficacies.

It’s the good ol AstraZeneca that’s turning out to be most reliable all-rounder. 

I know mine on a personal level is a petty vague assumption but the amount of ppl vaxed with it around the globe & how significantly cases & more importantly deaths took a stark nose dive in UK,EU & India (touchwood) without any major percentage of vaccine related deaths or critical cases,tells a lot of story about how it was being politically

sidelined by some authorities hand in glove with other vaccine manufacturers. 

With schools and colleges opening isnt the under 18 population at risk? I mean almost 40 to 50 cr u18 population is unvaccinated and add that to a lot of anti vax population. That population combined can have a 3rd wave on their own. Govt should not get ahead of themselves and focus on vaccination for under 18 population. They still have not started vaccination of under 18 even with zydus vax available. 

4 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

With schools and colleges opening isnt the under 18 population at risk? I mean almost 40 to 50 cr u18 population is unvaccinated and add that to a lot of anti vax population. That population combined can have a 3rd wave on their own. Govt should not get ahead of themselves and focus on vaccination for under 18 population. They still have not started vaccination of under 18 even with zydus vax available. 

Bro you have no idea how scared I was when I heard schools would be reopening. Eventually it turned out std 8 and above so my kid is safe for now. But for how long :(

1 minute ago, Walker said:

Bro you have no idea how scared I was when I heard schools would be reopening. Eventually it turned out std 8 and above so my kid is safe for now. But for how long :(

That is still a sizeable population. 8+ students can have a pandemic of their own. One kid can infect in double digits.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I think end of the day no matter how much hue & cry mRNA Vaccines  & Sputnik made about their efficacies.

It’s the good ol AstraZeneca that’s turning out to be most reliable all-rounder. 

I know mine on a personal level is a petty vague assumption but the amount of ppl vaxed with it around the globe & how significantly cases & more importantly deaths took a stark nose dive in UK,EU & India (touchwood) without any major percentage of vaccine related deaths or critical cases,tells a lot of story about how it was being politically

sidelined by some authorities hand in glove with other vaccine manufacturers. 

True.

AZ was shoved in US and AUD in the name of some blood clot which we haven't even heard about in India after administering 80cr doses.

Similar thing was done with J&J, it smelled like a conspiracy.