The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Let natural selection work it out. Only worry is that because of the morons, hospitals get clogged and those who had to work because they had no choice might not get proper treatment or the non Covid patients might not have enough beds 

11 hours ago, Right said:

Life should resume. I support.

atleast they can wear masks and get vaccinated.. 

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Let natural selection work it out. Only worry is that because of the morons, hospitals get clogged and those who had to work because they had no choice might not get proper treatment or the non Covid patients might not have enough beds available. 

Yes this. I get businesses have to open and some normalcy has to be back. This is not normal though, 700k people gathering in one place. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I got double dosed on Friday. :dance:

No major side effects other than some general tiredness. Was super f**king smooth. 

Hey, after 5 days since my second dose of covishield, I was drowsy for two days. I could not help but slept from 1400hrs until 1900hrs for two days. :( Be careful of sudden drowsiness.

1 hour ago, silica said:

Hey, after 5 days since my second dose of covishield, I was drowsy for two days. I could not help but slept from 1400hrs until 1900hrs for two days. :( Be careful of sudden drowsiness.

This happened on my 1st dose, expected the same for 2nd but nothing happened. 

1 hour ago, silica said:

This happened on my 1st dose, expected the same for 2nd but nothing happened. 

Hey guys. Need some input. I need to get my uncle's vaccination certificate. Thing is he's in Mumbai, in his 80's, lives alone and is totally phone illiterate. I mean if I tell him to open messages he'll open whatsapp, email, phone, settings and what not. I've been trying to get him to give me the otp for about 2 months now and by the time he writes it down and calls me back it's expired. I mean he calls me an hour or even later mostly. I'm at my wits end. I want to email it to him but how the heck do I do this without requiring an OTP. Any idea?

29 minutes ago, Walker said:

Hey guys. Need some input. I need to get my uncle's vaccination certificate. Thing is he's in Mumbai, in his 80's, lives alone and is totally phone illiterate. I mean if I tell him to open messages he'll open whatsapp, email, phone, settings and what not. I've been trying to get him to give me the otp for about 2 months now and by the time he writes it down and calls me back it's expired. I mean he calls me an hour or even later mostly. I'm at my wits end. I want to email it to him but how the heck do I do this without requiring an OTP. Any idea?

You cannot get the cert. without and OTP. You can ask the vaccine centre (if they are your known people) to mail it to you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Can you get him to install Arogya Sethu app on his phone ? 

May be take his Google account password and Initiate the download from a web browser. 

Arogya Sethu automatically reads sms to login. He can download certificate from there and send you through whatsapp.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walker said:

Maybe ask him to give the phone to a neighbour who can coordinate with you?

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@rushaboswal yeah unfortunately I don't know anyone in KEM.

@silentassassin I'd explored this idea but another app on his phone will be a hard sell since I doubt he'll be able to accomplish downloading and then finding the download. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'll keep it as a last resort.

@TRMNTR most viable. Anyway I spoke with my ex boss now and he's going to send one of the boys tomorrow, hopefully that works. Uncle already pushed back on this but f**k it. He can swallow his pride and comply ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Walker said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@rushaboswal yeah unfortunately I don't know anyone in KEM.

@silentassassin I'd explored this idea but another app on his phone will be a hard sell since I doubt he'll be able to accomplish downloading and then finding the download. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'll keep it as a last resort.

@TRMNTR most viable. Anyway I spoke with my ex boss now and he's going to send one of the boys tomorrow, hopefully that works. Uncle already pushed back on this but f**k it. He can swallow his pride and comply ;)

Ask the office boy to take all the precautions (N95 mask, maintain distance etc).

• Like 1