The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

We wouldn't have covid if international travel was stopped at the right time. One omicron f**ker is gonna infect 50 others in their flight who are gonna infect 500 others at the airport. 

Our system clearly doesn't have the bandwidth to properly trace individuals. 

Do you realise that most nations were already affected with Omicron before it was sequenced ? That's the way infectivity works. 

Sequencing takes time, defining virality takes time. Getting infected is a matter of seconds. 

Many cases have been reported globally without African travel history or travel in general. 

And anyway, Corona kaun ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I mean at the very beginning when everyone knew about covid but travel bans only came in when sh*t already went south. 

It's prudent to do a complete travel ban when you already know a bumf**k variant exists. Wait and watch to see if it's actually that bad and then resume. 

No one knew how lethal Covid was at that point.

Even after 20Ms if our country cannot put a system in place then we might as let economy go to sh*t.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I mean at the very beginning when everyone knew about covid but travel bans only came in when sh*t already went south. 

It's prudent to do a complete travel ban when you already know a bumf**k variant exists. Wait and watch to see if it's actually that bad and then resume. 

There was no "right time". Before China even accepted COVID, it was spreading across the globe. No one knew. Subsequent travel ban could keep new infections from coming in, but local transmission was already happening (government was vehemently denying it). 

And once you have such a large community spread, mutations will happen. 

It's Omicron from SA now, it can be some other from India in future. You can't stop virus spread or mutation. Almost impossible. 

The only thing to do is basic precaution - keep clear of crowds, mask up (preferably N95), keep hands and surfaces clean. 

If China had sounded the alarm bell at the right time then the virus could have been contained within the city/province/country. 

Similar thing happened with SARS & MERS 

Not to mention that this virus from the very start seems to be designed to fool & escape human grasp let alone immune system. 

Edited by AnK

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Bro idk why you guys are gaslighting me. Covid was all over the news by January and China had even put lockdown restrictions. Italy and few other countries also put in restrictions in Jan end I think. While we started doing sh*t only in March. 

No one is gaslighting you.

In Jan 2019, my friend returned from Italy and called Corona a cold.

In Feb 2019, we were discussing how Corona might be overblown, over a cup of coffee.

India was very quick in putting the lockdown based on the available knowledge.

It's easier to say this in hindsight but we had absolutely no idea about how lethal Covid actually was.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Bro idk why you guys are gaslighting me. Covid was all over the news by January and China had even put lockdown restrictions. Italy and few other countries also put in restrictions in Jan end I think. While we started doing sh*t only in March. 

India was infact one of the quickest countries to put restrictions and lockdowns. 

And infections were already all over the place in 2019. We just didn't know. If China had significant number of cases by Q4 2019, what makes you think the travellers to and from China didn't already spread it further ?

It's almost impossible to trace patient zero in every country. 

Plus no one know the lethality of the virus. No one in their lifetime could have accurately predicted this. 

Hindsight is always 20/20. 

But what we do know - mask up, minimize travel. 

We don't have the ability to track, trace, quarantine everyone. Just gotta think about ourselves. 

14 minutes ago, Right said:

not 2019, 2020, guys

2019. When China started reporting cases. And many people must have contracted and spread the virus worldwide before anyone even knew what was happening. 

2020 is when sh*t hit the fan. And India did start lockdowns and restrictions. 

2021, when people stopped giving a sh*t, went to parties, kumbh mela, political rallies etc. And we possibly have millions of unaccounted deaths. 

No travel ban could have stopped this. We are all to blame for 2021. 

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm honestly now of the belief there was nothing we could have done to stop the spread completely. Not even china could have done anything even if they were honest. This sh*t just spreads too fast. 

Yup. 

You've to take precautions for years, but sh*t spreads in seconds. No second guesses who's ultimately gonna win. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

14 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I'm honestly now of the belief there was nothing we could have done to stop the spread completely. Not even china could have done anything even if they were honest. This sh*t just spreads too fast. 

Yep. At the very best it could've only been delayed by a few months. 

41 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Yep it’s as if this virus was designed to escape every possible human containment be it within the body or outside. 

SARS & probably MERS were not even close to the trickery this one unleashes. 

It’s as if it’s Loki reincarnated. 

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/jaipur-9-of-family-of-s-africa-returnees-test-covid-positive/20211203.htm

Jaipur: 9 of family of S Africa returnees test Covid positive

BC. we are wasting time and ppl are returing to India from Africa in horde.

I mean what will take this mfing govt to halt the flights for a month!!!!