The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

When one person was tested positive in our building, BBMP did a drive in the building and all HK ppl were tested free of cost, and they had enough kits and had asked if any one else wanted to get tested as well.

One of the HK maid came out positive and she has been shifted to hospital and entire building sanitized, things atleast seem much smoother here. 

Here they are unable to keep up.

16 minutes ago, AtheK said:

When one person was tested positive in our building, BBMP did a drive in the building and all HK ppl were tested free of cost, and they had enough kits and had asked if any one else wanted to get tested as well.

One of the HK maid came out positive and she has been shifted to hospital and entire building sanitized, things atleast seem much smoother here. 

Yea.
That way BBMP is doing really good job. Getting tested is not an issue at all. 
Once you are tested positive, BBMP will call and provide you hospital details, even private hospitals call you up directly if they have beds available. 
There doesn't seems to be a lot of hassle.. 

Yesterday my dad went to get some medical test done in a lab nearby.
They are doing Covid Test as well.
No need for a doctors prescription too. 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

43 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Yea.
That way BBMP is doing really good job. Getting tested is not an issue at all. 
Once you are tested positive, BBMP will call and provide you hospital details, even private hospitals call you up directly if they have beds available. 
There doesn't seems to be a lot of hassle.. 

Yesterday my dad went to get some medical test done in a lab nearby.
They are doing Covid Test as well.
No need for a doctors prescription too. 

South India >>>> North/west India. We have gone to the gutters.

Admin is only interested in doing jhols.

52 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Again over 60k cases and 1k deaths, when will this end :(

Any idea where to get city specific data ? Google didn't show the latest in Bangalore.

Bangalore os constantly getting 2000-2500 cases per day. Go to covidindia, click the state to see city wise breakup.

51 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Saw an article where Kerala's health minister is saying that they're bracing for 10-20k cases per day by the end of this month or early September. Currently it's around 1.5k cases per day. WTf. 

everyone has kinda given up.

Lockdown has been proven very difficult to enforce.

Kerala is one state, which nearly defeated it. But then flights from Gulf resumed...and they wanted to resume those flights.

covidindia shows +1893 cases in bangalore urban :(  .... is it from the past 24 hours ? are the numbers high simply because the testing has increased ? 

Some ppl in my society wanted to have quiz programs,  sports tournaments etc today to promote community togetherness ! Finally, saner minds prevailed and such group activities were cancelled !

Edited by Ne0

8 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Some ppl in my society wanted to have quiz programs,  sports tournaments etc today to promote community togetherness ! Finally, saner minds prevailed and such group activities were cancelled !

Activities happening in my society right now :fear1:

Yup, flag hoisting and sweet distribution here. 80 percent people voted to proceed with celebration.

Had fight with dad, who is the president of society. Brainwashed mom into locking him up. Now he is angry that he will be looked down upon since he did not attend as president.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Saw an article where Kerala's health minister is saying that they're bracing for 10-20k cases per day by the end of this month or early September. Currently it's around 1.5k cases per day. WTf. 

Yes, it is likely considering people here have stopped caring too.

Edited by kmkaks

7 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

People stopped caring because state and central government stopped caring

Lmao what? People stopped caring waaaaaaaaaaay before buddy . In my city contact tracing is still being done. Houses are being sealed . But people don't care , because they can't stay at home anymore. Also no sanitisation because daily 600 cases you can't sanitise this many places

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

Yes, it is likely considering people here have stopped caring too.

I wouldnt say stopped caring. Yes 60-70% may be yes? But people are also now way beyond bugged staying home. My grandfather who is in the 80's and still handles some shop work finally got angry and started coming to shop twice a week. Cant hole them up at home any longer 

Edited by rushaboswal
Spelling
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Yup and on the flipside, the mortality rate must also be very low like less than 1%. 

I'm like 100% sure about this. One of my friends tested positive. He got tested after 3 days of symptoms. But his wife who was with him all time tested negative as well as the whole family. So actually people infected can easily be twice then official numbers but got cured automatically. This epidemic will be a huge subject of study going forward

Lockdown couldn't last forever. I think that was accepted from the beginning. It's up to the people to take care of themselves ultimately. Expecting government to babysit forever is too much. Besides we as a country don't have the firepower to support an economy not producing anything. 
But then what was the point of lockdown? It destroyed the country's economy without achieving anything.