The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

37 minutes ago, AtheK said:

We are getting way too much paranoid these days.

I am no longer worried about getting infected myself as I was few months back, but the elders in the house.

But yeah I am thinking less about things.

Edited by Right

39 minutes ago, AtheK said:

just spin it for 2 mins, and eat it up, since food is already cooked it should be anyway OK. just transfer to other container, and doesn't seem it is spreading by cooked food, or there would already have been a huge uproar related to it. We are getting way too much paranoid these days.

I would say it is ok to be paranoid. 

Feco-oral route is also a possible mechanism for COVID spread: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7188635/

Basically the same way as Typhoid, Cholera etc. Numbers seems less as general sanitation has increased, but you never know behind the scenes of most delivery food. 

36 minutes ago, Right said:

I am no longer worried about getting infected myself as I was few months back, but the elders in the house.

But yeah I am thinking less about things.

Same here, mom dad and son are all in high risk age group, so been very paranoid. But we all are now opening up a little bit, adapting to this new normal. Won't let the guard down, but at the same time start embracing some of the things. Went for a picnic with home cooked food last week in the outskirts, making sure we are not coming close to anyone else but at the same time take in some fresh air and let the kid play, it was rejuvenating. 

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Feco-oral route is also a possible mechanism for COVID spread: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7188635/

Basically the same way as Typhoid, Cholera etc. Numbers seems less as general sanitation has increased, but you never know behind the scenes of most delivery food. 

Agreed to be paranoid, but way too much is now hurting rather then helping. The virus can now reach us in 100 of ways, but doing extra maths on everything will just hurt us more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yes, just because food is cooked doesn't mean if it's safe. What if the cook/delivery guy who is asymptomatic sneezed/coughed/touched on it while packing the cooked food?

It's not first time. It's Sunday effect mostly. 

Today a pregnant lady got tested positive in our society. She hadn't stepped out in past 1 month. She got tested as part of routine checkup. She is completely asymptomatic and home isolating now. Pretty sure her family will infect more as asymptomatic patients are most careless in spreading the infection. Kinda worried now, as people are getting infected even at home.

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

According to the tracker, there are more recoveries than active cases today. Sunday effect or start of a downward trend ??

Of course, it has to be, MH tested 20k less than regular, so 4k cases missed out. 

But definitely rate of active cases increasing has come down, due to high recoveries kicking in.

We need Cases per tested rate to go below 5% before we celebrate.

EfdrXJAU8AARJUO?format=jpg&name=large

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/pune/citys-first-sero-survey-shows-51-5-citizens-have-covid-antibodies/articleshow/77602008.cms

They test 1700 people and declare that 51% people have anti bodies. Such surveys will push up more infections as people will think they have already been infected and can go to a concert. People in pune are dumb enough already and such surveys are not helpful.

Not even 17000 just 1700 people. Wtf!

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/pune/citys-first-sero-survey-shows-51-5-citizens-have-covid-antibodies/articleshow/77602008.cms

They test 1700 people and declare that 51% people have anti bodies. Such surveys will push up more infections as people will think they have already been infected and can go to a concert. People in pune are dumb enough already and such surveys are not helpful.

Not even 17000 just 1700 people. Wtf!

Yes, they tested 1664 out of a population of 3.66 lakh in those areas :doh:

• Confused 1