The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 hour ago, North said:

What f**king chuts. 

My wife and both kids are suffering from COVID now, and all three are in pretty bad shape. Mild Omicron my a*s. 

Worse than when wife got infected in the initial wave. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What f**king chuts. 

My wife and both kids are suffering from COVID now, and all three are in pretty bad shape. Mild Omicron my a*s. 

Already open in Maharashtra from 24th, STD 1st and above. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What f**king chuts. 

This. I had a "mild" case of omicron 2 weeks back. The fever and cough wasn't so bad but the low energy for 7 days was tough. I'm back to normal now luckily, no long covid.

Edited by Anshul
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What f**king chuts. 

It's bad. Mild covid is a wrong term. It's a severe illness which doesn't need hospitalization in most cases. Calling it mild is misleading.

Kid got it first 102-103 for 2 days and then she was better. Wife immediately got it next, stuffy nose, high fever for 2 days and now just weakness. I got it next, high fever, headaches, burning eyes. Took me out for 3 days. A week later and I still have a cough. 

Last evening my brother tested positive, with high fever and terrible body ache. Told his wife to get tested too. 

84 yr old uncle got covid in the first week of Jan, refused to share the test results for a week and eventually had to be rushed to hospital and put on oxygen for 6 days. My dad had to go to Mumbai to get him admitted, since we all were down with Covid here. Now I'm wondering how long it will be before one of us will have to go to Mumbai if my dad gets ill there.

• Sad 10

2 hours ago, Walker said:

Kid got it first 102-103 for 2 days and then she was better. Wife immediately got it next, stuffy nose, high fever for 2 days and now just weakness. I got it next, high fever, headaches, burning eyes. Took me out for 3 days. A week later and I still have a cough. 

Last evening my brother tested positive, with high fever and terrible body ache. Told his wife to get tested too. 

84 yr old uncle got covid in the first week of Jan, refused to share the test results for a week and eventually had to be rushed to hospital and put on oxygen for 6 days. My dad had to go to Mumbai to get him admitted, since we all were down with Covid here. Now I'm wondering how long it will be before one of us will have to go to Mumbai if my dad gets ill there.

Hopefully all will be fine man. It's a terrible situation. Mild variant my a*s.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What f**king chuts. 

indeed. my dad had it, and he's still not recovered 100%. idk whose idea it was to call it "mild" and it caught on. we're all suffering for it. 

Now even Sisodia called it "not harmful for kids" so they can open schools, idk what this guy is smoking. 

Every time they've made this kind of decision it bites them in the a*s 3 days later......

18 minutes ago, North said:

indeed. my dad had it, and he's still not recovered 100%. idk whose idea it was to call it "mild" and it caught on. we're all suffering for it. 

Now even Sisodia called it "not harmful for kids" so they can open schools, idk what this guy is smoking. 

Every time they've made this kind of decision it bites them in the a*s 3 days later......

Shittiest part is none of us have been out of the house for over 3 weeks, right when this wave started. Just go to collect parcels, veggies etc which are kept on the porch (wearing an N95), and even then 3 people in my house caught it. 

f**king thing is airborne MAX. 

Edit: Landlady has this daily cards ritual, where 5-7 of her friends join her to play cards in the house, and everyone passes through a common lobby. I'm guessing that might be the area of infection. None of them wear masks, and everything is treated as "thoda saa sardi zukaam". 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

everything is treated as "thoda saa sardi zukaam". 

Sad thing is that everyone is treating is as just another cold because they want to justify their actions. Like companies calling it so so they can call employees, people going out with wearing masks. When I was out, I asked a friend why isn't she wearing a mask she said 'har kisi ko hona ki hai, experts ne kahan hai koi nahi bachega corona se'.

1 minute ago, abhi90 said:

Sad thing is that everyone is treating is as just another cold because they want to justify their actions. Like companies calling it so so they can call employees, people going out with wearing masks. When I was out, I asked a friend why isn't she wearing a mask she said 'har kisi ko hona ki hai, experts ne kahan hai koi nahi bachega corona se'.

CDC has mandated only 5 days of quarantine if you're asymptomatic or symptoms resolve. What more can you say ? There's information overload with no clear scientific guidelines, every country doing their own stuff  Chutiyapa max. 

5 hours ago, Right said:

255k @15.88%

Clearly off peak.

we are good folks, just matter of a couple of weeks.

26th was holiday. Those numbers should be treated as Monday numbers. We will know the exact trajectory by mid of next week. Though many have stopped testing even after symptoms.