The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

37 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I agree with lowering of repo rates. But tha might not translate to lower borrowing rates. With NPAs rising, banks might just see that as an opportunity to increase their spread. 

Banks need to ask to settle for lower interests or just bare minimum above capital lent, rather than expecting full recovery.

Going through IBC should be avoided because there won't be buyers for ill businesses....and there is just too much back and forth.

Banks are more likely to collapse with NPAs thats for certain... and that is precisely what they need to avoid by spreading the liabilities to much wider spectrum.

I think this is good time to float short term micro-bonds in the sectors like Medico/Pharma which are thriving because of this pandemic.

or allow people to play in stock markets abroad for Intradays with cappings and greater taxations on profit....

Edited by Right

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Our population is an asset if used correctly

The problem is in the sentence itself ?

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Our medical infrastructure would totally collapse if a sudden spike in requirement of ICU beds happens.

Yes hence slowly they should think about opening along side working for more beds. Opening up suddenly should not be even considerd

China has no shame. At least this Xi Jingping has none and he is going to bite off more than he can chew any day now. The biggest mistake made by Hitler was to unite Russians and Americans. China seems to be picking up too many fights simultaneously. After infecting the world they are partying thinking that they would command respect.

Instead of helping the world they are screwing the world even more. Either they have become desparate or they have developed a secret weapon and waiting to use it to scare the world and looking to make an example out of someone. 

11 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Instead of helping the world

China shows off Covid-19 vaccines for first time

A Sinovac representative told AFP his firm has already "completed the construction of a vaccine factory" able to produce 300 million doses a year. 

On Monday, people at the trade fair crowded around booths showing the potential game-changing vaccines.

Result - China's Sinovac coronavirus vaccine candidate appears safe, slightly weaker in elderly

Four of the world’s eight vaccines that are in the third phase of trials are from China.

8 hours ago, radicaldude said:

(warning ?) Shots fired at the LAC. 

Good. Atleast the "no bullets was fired in 4 decades" myth will be over just like "no blood was spilled" BS and our policy makers will take the china threat seriously. A short term skirmish is inevitable whether it happens now or 3-5 years from now. Unless china sees that India will respond to it in kind, they'll keep on triggering us. Good thing is that IA has been very aggressive in the last 2 weeks which has made the Chinese lose their minds. 

36 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

China shows off Covid-19 vaccines for first time

A Sinovac representative told AFP his firm has already "completed the construction of a vaccine factory" able to produce 300 million doses a year. 

On Monday, people at the trade fair crowded around booths showing the potential game-changing vaccines.

Result - China's Sinovac coronavirus vaccine candidate appears safe, slightly weaker in elderly

Four of the world’s eight vaccines that are in the third phase of trials are from China.

Help the world at PRESENT to tackle the virus instead of stirring Geo Political tensions.

It will take them 5 years to vaccinate their own population with 300 million per year doses. 

That said I would anyday take a chinese vaccine over a russian one and a western vaccine over a chinese one. Preferably a vaccine made my sanofi.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Good thing is that IA has been very aggressive in the last 2 weeks which has made the Chinese lose their minds. 

Reading this quite a lot on twitter that stances have changed, but nobody would say it. One thing i have always noticed that whenever china is on the backfoot its mouthpiece GLOBAL TIMES will keep writing "Warnings by Experts" on its blog and share on twitter. and if you look at the current tweets , situation is complex and war is anytime now. Hope no war happens, but also hope that we just dont stay defensive as always.

21 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

One thing i have always noticed that whenever china is on the backfoot its mouthpiece GLOBAL TIMES will keep writing "Warnings by Experts" on its blog and share on twitter. 

GT is 10 times worse than republic tv. Just posted now.

20200908_114515.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

GT is 10 times worse than republic tv. Just posted now.

I dont think anything beats republic tv. And yes this posting just shows something is either cooking or something has happened. 

11 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I mean, that sounds exactly like something that Arnab would have shouted (with countries reversed ofc).

I mean your saying you can listen what he says? Because i think most of the times his just shouting some random mumbo-jubmo just like Daya-ben From Tarak mehta

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

I mean your saying you can listen what he says? Because i think most of the times his just shouting some random mumbo-jubmo just like Daya-ben From Tarak mehta

Well I've had no issues understanding what the man is saying. You could have a different opinion, and deem his to be garbage, but with regard to clarity and pronunciation, its not random mumbo-jumbo.

Are you sure its not an issue with your TV speakers? 

Anyway, lets not turn this into a news thread. Lets stick to COVID stuff. 

• Haha 1