PLAYSTATION Platinum Trophy Hunters Thread

8 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

holyshite never knew you have plat in Fifa 18. How much time it took you?

Got it in 1 month, 2 weeks. Would say around 70-80 hours. Journey was such a slog. 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Many HZD plats here, how hard is that one or mostly story driven ? Going for it next..

Very easy.

Though I found the game boring and using controller to get "Earned a Blazing Sun mark in all trials at all of the Hunting Grounds" made me gave up. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Platinum'd Sea of Solitude. Now on to NFS Heat.

Gonna platinum that too? 

Gotta check if NFS Heat has online MP trophies....

I assume you got it off the EA Access sub?

32 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Gonna platinum that too? 

Gotta check if NFS Heat has online MP trophies....

I assume you got it off the EA Access sub?

Yeah I got it off the EA Access. It has two very easy online trophies. Just have to complete 25 races online.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:35 PM, Iceman™ said:

I have a GT5 Platinum B)

Holy phuk !!

I don't think a lot of people understand the significance of this.

Good going, I'm sure it took almost a 1000 hours or more to obtain this one.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, gecko89 said:

Holy phuk !!

Yeah I googled that plat, and not only does it have a 9.5 difficulty rating but you can't even earn it anymore because the online servers are done 

On 7/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, gecko89 said:

Holy phuk !!

Yup. GT5 Plat is the ultimate one. I don't have it but basically it's the opposite of Hannah Montana types plat. You have GT5 plat, you don't need any other :P

I used to go for platinums a lot from 2013-2016 then stopped gaming altogether. Nowadays platinum trophies have become more of a medium for indie developers to sell their games with 30min to 1hr plats for god awful indie games becoming more and more common. I know like 30 such games that can be platted within 40mins to 1hr meaning now you can get 15 plats in one day if you have the time. Nier Automata actually had this ridiculous trophy shop to maybe prove some point :rofl: I finished the game but never bought the Trophies from the in game shop, sold it without getting the platinum. It got super boring after 2 playthroughs anyway. 

Ultra Rare of PSNP has lost value as well since almost every 5/10 or 6/10 difficulty plat has an Ultra Rare rating if it has released on PS Plus. Tomb Raider releases this month right, watch how its rating becomes a lot more rare all of a sudden. Basically Plus users try everything but only few of them are plat hunters. So whatever is released on Plus, gets its rarity rating bumped up massively over time. 

Still, from the period I used to enjoy getting platinums A LOT (I still do but just haven't been gaming as much). My most memorable streaks were getting All GOW Collection (5) ones in a Month and the UC Trilogy (3) ones in a week. Apart from this the single ones I enjoyed the most were Witcher 3, P4G, Gravity Rush, Ni No Kuni, TLOU1 and Driveclub. 

Putting screenshots in spoiler to cause less clutter. 

Screenshot-2020-07-07-at-12-40-13-AM.png

Screenshot-2020-07-07-at-12-40-23-AM.png

Since lockdown brought me back to gaming, I platted Odyssey this week (really enjoyable but you have to make sure you don't get burned out by mixing stuff yourself) Next would be TLOU2 (super easy plat I hear) and then finally I'd open the seal of RDR2 and other gems I've missed. Games like Ni No Kuni 2.  

Some games I really wish I should have gone for the platinum:

1. GTA5 on PS4, I had GTA5 PS3 plat and in the PS4 version you could import the online character of PS3 and then all online trophies would auto pop. I actually never got the PS4 version and now there is no way to import your last gen online character. :rofl:

2. GT5, I played that game a lot not as much as GT3 back in the day but should have gone for its plat. I remember playing it on my previous non Indian account though. Don't think even had a single plat when it released though. 

3. Muramasa Rebirth (Vita) & Many other Vita titles. 

Some plats not visible on my profile:

MAG, KZ2. old PSN IVG members know this is my 4th PSN account (now its 6-7 yr old I guess) before making this I was primarily an online gamer and had MAG/KZ2 plats. It was when Sony officially launched the Indian PSN region that I made this account once and for all. Earlier we all used to do PS3 game sharing so we all had like UK/US/JAP region accounts :P 

Finally, I wish Karoo somedays posts in this thread. He was the original IVG Trophy wh*re and got most of the current platinum hunters on IVG hooked :P

Edited by rAgHaV
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Good luck :bigyellowgrin::bigyellowgrin:

Haha. Yeah I hear its worse than GTA5 which was already quite massive, time wise. (the online grind at launch was f**king too much) got so sick of the game that I never went back to GTA Online :rofl: It was fun in the initial days though with all IVG KZ2 gang :). Won't go for RDR2 unprepared though, maybe will start it right after TLOU2 but heart wants to play NI NO KUNI 2 first :D

Screenshot-2020-07-07-at-1-24-40-AM.png

Also the UC Trilogy thing I mentioned in previous post, I actually meant the remastered versions and not the PS3 ones. BC Those platinum in "xyz days" are exactly the same for PS3 Trilogy and PS4 Remaster Trilogy only year is different. :fear1: I'm so gonna plat all UC games again if they ever do a PS5 Remaster of Remaster :lol:

Edited by rAgHaV

A fun plat I got a couple weeks back(My 4th plat) was “A plague tale innocence”. Not too difficult or time consuming  but not overly cheap like telltale’s,

Just 100%d blood borne yesterday.  Took down Maria, Failures, Kos and Laurence in one night??.

BB was my first platinum in 2015 and is the game which has the perfect trophy list imo. Surprised to see 10% platinum percentage on BB now. It was less than 2% back in 2015, Sony even send me a mail with a gift theme for getting BB platinum.lol.

51 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Nier Automata actually had this ridiculous trophy shop

I went ahead and bought them, easiest plat and the one with the least meaning. Defeated the whole purpose of a challenge.

54 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

platted Odyssey this week (really enjoyable but you have to make sure you don't get burned out by mixing stuff yourself) Next would be TLOU2 (super easy plat I hear) and then finally I'd open the seal of RDR2 and other gems I've missed. Games like Ni No Kuni 2.  

I still have all these to complete, wayy too many backlogs this gen. I only started platting from PS4 and with UC4.

GT5 maybe too late for you to plat but the next GT is around the corner and knowing Polyphony's track record, that plat will be quite challenging guaranteed. As for RDR2, I've heard it takes long time but is quite fun.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I went ahead and bought them, easiest plat and the one with the least meaning. Defeated the whole purpose of a challenge.

I still have all these to complete, wayy too many backlogs this gen. I only started platting from PS4 and with UC4.

GT5 maybe too late for you to plat but the next GT is around the corner and knowing Polyphony's track record, that plat will be quite challenging guaranteed. As for RDR2, I've heard it takes long time but is quite fun.

yeah. My backlog is filled with huge 100hr games (basically all games released in last 4 years barring a few huge Sony titles like HZD, Spidey, and maybe 7-8 multiplats). Also Holyshit I completely forgot about Persona 5. That's another 100hr+ game. Spent like 150hrs on P4G Vita :P I think I just might get the PS5 about 9-10months post launch. 

On 7/3/2020 at 8:04 AM, gecko89 said:

Holy phuk !!

Yeah. Quite time consuming.But I think I spent more time playing GT6 because of GT Academy  and then I went back to plat GT5 ,and it was a breeze except the 4 24Hr time consuming races.ehENw90.png

Edited by Iceman™
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Haha. Yeah I hear its worse than GTA5 which was already quite massive, time wise. (the online grind at launch was f**king too much) got so sick of the game that I never went back to GTA Online :rofl: It was fun in the initial days though with all IVG KZ2 gang :). Won't go for RDR2 unprepared though, maybe will start it right after TLOU2 but heart wants to play NI NO KUNI 2 first :D

By all means go for NNK2 first :) 

RDR2 online trophies are pretty simple enough. The troublesome trophy is same as GTA V. Gold Rush- Get a gold in 70 missions. And you have to do it all in order in 1 playthrough.

The game and story is very enjoyable though, so hope the grind is more pleasure less pain. 

@rAgHaV I don't have the online trophies, but I have around 50% trophy completion on this. Those are the easy ones which don't need much effort. 

Getting 70 gold missions, killing every animal, collecting every planet, crafting every craftable item, those need effort.

Although I could probably get a few more on a second playthrough 

Edited by Chirag2001

• Snake changed the title to PLAYSTATION Platinum Trophy Hunters Thread