PLAYSTATION Platinum Trophy Hunters Thread

Started playing far cry 3 as I got it for cheap. Then I realized, they have removed all annoying online trophies which were there in the PS3 version so might plat it.

3 minutes ago, b!T said:

Started playing far cry 3 as I got it for cheap. Then I realized, they have removed all annoying online trophies which were there in the PS3 version so might plat it.

Ahh right it was pretty cheap on PSN a couple days back, nice!

On 7/2/2020 at 8:18 PM, GunnerY2J said:

Two series I m happy to have got.

5c4d07941127a3379684b85a9406b3ed.jpg15adc51711f56fc3df009b666e0fb4ee.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

That’s awesome! How was your experience with the souls games? Which did you enjoy most and which was a chore? 

4 hours ago, kmkaks said:

That’s awesome! How was your experience with the souls games? Which did you enjoy most and which was a chore? 

Every souls game is worth it.

Enjoyed everyone although every platinum becomes a chore at the end.

Enjoyed them the most in the order I played them,

Only Exception : enjoyed dark souls 2 more than bloodborne.

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Confused 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, Mysteryman said:

Sony has made trophy hunting easy in its games this gen. Difficultly and MP trophies are gone in story rich games. 

Powerpyx did mention something on this a while back (was a comment on one of his trophy guides). Basically Sony doesn't want difficulty trophies anymore as they think easy plats = minor boost to sales. This is the reason why some Sony games have difficulty trophies added via a patch later nowadays (as dlc trophies). TLOU1 vs TLOU2 (got this today btw) trophy lists says it all. I do think they'd stick with this formula since PS4 exclusives have sold a lot better than PS3 exclusives (nothing to do with trophies imo). 

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 10:34 PM, rAgHaV said:

Powerpyx did mention something on this a while back (was a comment on one of his trophy guides). Basically Sony doesn't want difficulty trophies anymore as they think easy plats = minor boost to sales. This is the reason why some Sony games have difficulty trophies added via a patch later nowadays (as dlc trophies). TLOU1 vs TLOU2 (got this today btw) trophy lists says it all. I do think they'd stick with this formula since PS4 exclusives have sold a lot better than PS3 exclusives (nothing to do with trophies imo). 

Yup, gotta keep that dopamine surging.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:34 PM, rAgHaV said:

Multiplayer trophies, difficulty trophies for plats are all garbage imo.

unnecessary stress.

2 hours ago, pArth said:

Platinumed Detroit: Become Human.

It was a total mindf**k :ko:

I am yet to start it.

Did you follow a guide from the beginning or completed it first and then went back NG+ for remaining trophies?

How difficult is it/how long it took for you ?

16 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I am yet to start it.

Did you follow a guide from the beginning or completed it first and then went back NG+ for remaining trophies?

I think you need 3 different playthroughs, making distinct choices to earn certain trophies and end up with 3 different outcomes

Considering you need to do very specific things every time you're offered a choice, kill X, save Y, or whatever, its probably better to follow a guide or one may end up needing more playthroughs than needed.

Although I haven't played the game myself, this is what AtheK said once before this Platinum Trophies thread came along

25 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I am yet to start it.

Follow the powerpyx guide. Its great. Also try to get the magazines wherever possible.

How I played was -

1st playtrough - everyone survives + any chapter that needs to be replayed to get alternate ending trophy ( use ‘save’ and ‘dont save’ wisely while replaying chapters. ‘Save will overwrite the progress while ‘dont save’ will not, once you quit its all gone. Use this to get alternate ending trophies where you dont need your progress saved).

Played the last 2-3 chapters multiple times to get all trophies there

2nd playthrough - connor dies whenever possible. There are total of 8 times. You need to play atleast 90% for this.

then a partial playtrough arnd 5-6 chapters to get one magazine in zlatkos house when kara Escapes without being spotted in chapter ‘on the run’

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pacifier said:

I am yet to start it.

I would suggest doing one playthrough blind, without a guide I mean. The story is pretty good and your choices do make a difference at the end, unlike most choice based stories.

The following playthroughs you can start from midway using the game with chapter select.

You'll probably end up doing multiple very short playthroughs to get some very specific trophies. But, its worth it just to see the different endings and how you get there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Snake changed the title to PLAYSTATION Platinum Trophy Hunters Thread