PLAYSTATION Platinum Trophy Hunters Thread

6 hours ago, Ichigo Uzumaki said:

Tsushima platted :D

v5OOUhe.jpg

Damn. Any tips would be appreciated. Should I focus on story first or do side mission side by side as well? I checked Powerpyx but if you can simplify it; it would be a great help. I’m also looking to plat it. 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

5 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Damn. Any tips would be appreciated. Should I focus on story first or do side mission side by side as well? I checked Powerpyx but if you can simplify it; it would be a great help. I’m also looking to plat it. 

You can finish the story first if you want and do the side missions later since nothing is missable, but I would suggest do both simultaneously or else in the end you will be left with around 61 side missions which would end up feeling like a drag :P 

Once story is done, liberate all the outposts and camps so that the map reveals all the undiscovered locations. 

For collectibles you can unlock the skill with which the guiding wind will guide to your next shrine, fox den, bamboo strikes, etc. that you are missing, so no  need of any guide to be followed. ( Most probably, in the end you will be missing one haiku and one hot spring since they won't be marked in the map with the "?". Just talk to the lady near the spring and a hat guy near the mountain of Hiyoshi springs for both of them respectively).

Also do the Mythic Tales as soon as they are available, has some of the best quests in there and also unlocks crazy skills.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, Pacifier said:

I am yet to start it.

Did you follow a guide from the beginning or completed it first and then went back NG+ for remaining trophies?

How difficult is it/how long it took for you ?

First round I suggest just play based on your instincts and get whatever trophies you get to enjoy the game without worrying about any trophies, obviously collect all the magazines... Once done you can see what is remaining and get them via PowerPyx 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is Persona 5 or P5R harder to platinum?

By hard i mean the kind where you have easily missable collectable trophies where if you miss you have to start new game etc, those kinds.

P5 is 1k on PSN Sale and P5R is 2.6k, also on Plat do i get any rewards for P5, like for PS5 they were saying you get free themes and all.

20 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

By hard i mean the kind where you have easily missable collectable trophies where if you miss you have to start new game etc, those kinds.

P5 is 1k on PSN Sale and P5R is 2.6k, also on Plat do i get any rewards for P5, like for PS5 they were saying you get free themes and all.

No themes for P5 and P5 trophies are much harder to achieve than Royal. @roun90 might be able to help more I believe 

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Persona 5 is harder to Platinum. Persona 5 Royal has trophies for only basic stuffs (Like say play baseball and hit a ball once, max 1 confidant, romance 1 person etc). Hardest trophy in Persona 5 Royal would be beating an optional boss (Which is a really fun boss everyone should try) and scoring highest on exams (Just like in Real Life). But both are easily doable on your main play-through itself. Plus, you get themes based on your progress, and Platinum is part of the progress.

That said, the harder trophies of base Persona 5 are not gone. In fact, if you try to max out P5R, it may be harder than base P5, since there are more optional bosses, more stuff to do etc. It's just that they moved these harder trophies to an in game award system, instead of PSN trophies. Doing these in game trophies gives you points, which you can use to do really cool stuff. Like say, unlock multiple real life concert videos which happened in Japan (And which you would usually pay real money for, like Witcher 3 concert for example - but there are multiple concerts here not just 1), or unlocking in game music and movies, creating your own palace and decorating it as you wish, with taxodermic models of in game bosses or your own sets (Like say the cafe you visit etc) for example (NPCs will come to your palace and comment on your decorations). 

Overall, P5R plat is easy and more rewarding (They give themes that are chargeable in Japan), plus doing other stuff gives a lot of fun. It can be platted in 1 play-through quite easily.

AFAIK Persona 5 Royal has no trophies that are "Missable" but there are tons of activities and it requires you to try them at least once (You can just try it, inlock trophy and reload if you feel you want to save that time slot). Persona 5 Base requires you to do at least 2 play-throughs at the minimum if you want to plat. This is because some optional bosses only appear in New Game+ and there is a trophy for completing the Persona Compendium (i.e. collecting/registering all Personas) which is again only possible in New Game +.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2

I'm yet to play P5R (have the copy) but I think it doesn't have that dialogue trophy from base p5 too. P4g had that trophy on vita and I was lucky to get it on the first playthough. As far as I can remember it was some hear xyz number of unique lines from a specific character. Not sure since I played ages back. 

Edited by rAgHaV

10 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

I'm yet to play P5R (have the copy) but I think it doesn't have that dialogue trophy from base p5 too. P4g had that trophy on vita and I was lucky to get it on the first playthough. As far as I can remember it was some hear xyz number of unique lines from a specific character. Not sure since I played ages back. 

That trophy is there in Persona 5 Base ("Passionate Listener"). But unlike Persona 4 Golden, it's quite easy to obtain because the navigator says tons of unique things (Far more than the 250 required). I think people almost always get this trophy (PSNProfiles lists P5's trophy as having 40.26% achievement rate - Uncommon; unlike P4G's 14.08% achievement rate - Rare).

Persona 5 Royal does not have this trophy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roun90 said:

Persona 5 is harder to Platinum. Persona 5 Royal has trophies for only basic stuffs (Like say play baseball and hit a ball once, max 1 confidant, romance 1 person etc). Hardest trophy in Persona 5 Royal would be beating an optional boss (Which is a really fun boss everyone should try) and scoring highest on exams (Just like in Real Life). But both are easily doable on your main play-through itself. Plus, you get themes based on your progress, and Platinum is part of the progress.

ah, the pain in the a*s Reaper :wallbash: I have nightmares thinking about that. Ironically, Reaper was easy in P5 due to it being affected by flu season.

9 hours ago, b!T said:

ah, the pain in the a*s Reaper :wallbash: I have nightmares thinking about that. Ironically, Reaper was easy in P5 due to it being affected by flu season.

Yes but in base Persona 5

Spoiler

you had to fight the Twins, which made up for Reaper's cheese

Frankly in Royal

Spoiler

Reaper is pretty fun. You can have fun with him so long as you are 65+. You have tons of tools to fight him here. Not to mention, giving Jose stamps makes levelling trivial in Royal.

Although in Royal

Spoiler

You get to fight Lavenza, which is a crazy upgraded version of the Twins and might be difficult even at 99. People love that boss battle though. Only in game award and not required to platinum ofc

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

^^ haha that 100% feeling is always great. I purposely leave out DLC of games I love just so I can revisit them a couple of years later and do the 100% :P

Yes :D

I already had did 100% on HZD DLC some days ago, so only NG+ trophies were remaining, next up are Spiderman NG+ Trophies, then that will be 100% too

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

Who will get Ultra hard mode trophy?  :P

I got em all..Very easy tbh

Mila na, see second screenshot, yes it was ez, but still rushing through the campaign was tedious af,  i was unironically expecting UC Crushing difficulty :rofl:

• Snake changed the title to PLAYSTATION Platinum Trophy Hunters Thread