Far Cry 6

Ichigo Uzumaki

This game's available for INR 2249 with the below EGS coupon. Even the newly released Crysis Remastered Trilogy can be bought for INR 429 :panic:

Subscribe to Epic Games emails and get a $10 (INR 750) Epic Coupon

Do you want the latest info on new releases, free game drops and discounts? Then look no further! Subscribe to the Epic Games email and alerts program to stay up to date on your favorite games and more. If you subscribe between October 15 and November 15, we’ll gift you a $10 Epic Coupon (or local equivalent) towards your next eligible game purchase on the Epic Games Store.

Check your account settings and look under communications preferences to see your current subscription status. There are only two ways this can go…

I’m already subscribed: Great, thank you for staying connected with us! We’ll be sending you a $10 Epic Coupon within the next 24 hours. Once received, the coupon will be applied at checkout with your next eligible purchase. Check out your account inventory to see if your coupon is ready to be used.

I’m not currently subscribed: Go ahead and check that box to opt-in and we’ll dispatch a coupon ASAP. We’re checking for new subscribers daily but please allow up to 24 hours for your coupon to arrive in your inventory. Once received, the coupon will be applied at checkout with your next eligible purchase. Keep an eye on your account inventory to see if your coupon is ready to be used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ubisoft said "early sales" were in line with Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
  • Additionally, playtime per user was up 25% compared to Far Cry 5.
  • With an exciting post-launch plan over the coming months, Far Cry 6 is set to be a strong performer this holiday.

So this game has some of the most bone-headed design decisions I've seen in a while. To top that off, it has quite a few technical issues as well.

Despite all that though, it's still a lot of fun to play and I'm really enjoying it :mellow:

fgkR0rh.jpg

PinK73n.png

korTZ8h.png

S4Fip5b.png

6ATYrYu.png

qyO1YXC.png

2eyJNJx.png

GlHKfoH.png

QuuYuiu.png

AgwqxlE.png

Gb9L7qI.png

A98naHm.jpg

p99zrZv.png

• Like 7

11 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Like what? :scratchchin:

1. The ammo system

The idea behind it is that different kinds of enemies are weak to different ammo types. But you quickly realize that some ammo types like soft-target and incendiary rounds just don't do a lot of damage. And when you have only 4 weapon slots and you can't even f**king change ammo type on the fly (it can only be done on workbenches), you resort to mostly just using the armor-piercing rounds because they're the most versatile. The whole system feels very tacked on and is something that you start to ignore very soon.

2. Respawning enemies

Enemies respawn as soon as you move like 20m away from them. All you have to do is look somewhere else and they respawn :lol:

It can even get as bad as this sometimes:

It doesn't happen in outposts and checkpoints that you can actually capture though.

3. The gear system

The skill-tree has been entirely scrapped and skills are now tied to clothing items which can be bought from stores or unlocked from chests strewn around in the wild. While this does give me some incentive to go around exploring, it also feels restrictive because I can't always equip all the skills that I'd like to be playing with.

And because the game doesn't even have a loadout system, sometimes I just can't be arsed to fiddle around in the menus to equip particular gear items.

The only reason these haven't gotten as annoying as they could have is because the game has been quite easy so far even on action mode, which is the harder one of only two difficulty modes.

I do get the intention behind introducing some of these, but not nearly enough thought has been put into them to make them anything more than just pointless fluff.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

1. The ammo system

The idea behind it is that different kinds of enemies are weak to different ammo types. But you quickly realize that some ammo types like soft-target and incendiary rounds just don't do a lot of damage. And when you have only 4 weapon slots and you can't even f**king change ammo type on the fly (it can only be done on workbenches), you resort to mostly just using the armor-piercing rounds because they're the most versatile. The whole system feels very tacked on and is something that you start to ignore very soon.

This is actually the most pointless addition. Just get a Sniper Rifle, slot it with anti-armor mods - and you can clear out everyone regardless of what "Ammo Type" they are weak to.

My loadout is this - 

1) Sniper Rifle (Anti-Armor) - Easy clear of everything (This gets used 99% of the time)

2) Machine Gun (Soft-Shell) - just in case something gets close

3) Rocket Launcher - To destroy Helicopters/Anti-Air Guns and other large installations

I don't think I needed anything beyond this. Heck, I was even able to clear out Lvl 9 Outposts at Lvl 4/5, using the sniper guns and machete kills.

2. Respawning enemies

Enemies respawn as soon as you move like 20m away from them. All you have to do is look somewhere else and they respawn :lol:

It can even get as bad as this sometimes:

It doesn't happen in outposts and checkpoints that you can actually capture though.

This seems to be a bug. At least I've not encountered it yet (On PC)

3. The gear system

The skill-tree has been entirely scrapped and skills are now tied to clothing items which can be bought from stores or unlocked from chests strewn around in the wild. While this does give me some incentive to go around exploring, it also feels restrictive because I can't always equip all the skills that I'd like to be playing with.

And because the game doesn't even have a loadout system, sometimes I just can't be arsed to fiddle around in the menus to equip particular gear items.

I kind of like the "No Skill Tree" systems. This also means you don't actually need to level up that much to get any essential skills. It's a fun change since all games have skill trees these days.

Anyways that's just my opinion

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Man you make mediocre looking game amazing looking with your screenshots :P

The game does look really good though. Especially if you're playing on PC.

Edited by roun90

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Mediocre? This is one of the best looking best games of the year along with Biomutant and Kena. Sure FC6 has some texture issue in some parts, otherwise it is beautiful. I loved the game, much more lighter tone compared to the previous one. Gameplay is more like Borderlands meets Just Cause 3.

I love Spanish music, so yeah that's another plus for me.

7 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Like others have stated, the game actually does look really good.

8 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I think at least the respawning thing looks like a bug.

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

This seems to be a bug. At least I've not encountered it yet (On PC)

Admittedly, the video I shared earlier is one of the worst case scenarios and it doesn't get that bad all the time.

This sh*t is so dumb though that one would think it's a bug, but I don't think it is. Even Valhalla had similar respawning enemies, but enemies there at least didn't respawn behind your back. Here the distance limit for when an enemy can respawn is set ridiculously low, resulting in some absurd situations.

You can go to a large enough outpost (one that can't be permanently captured by the libertad) and test it out yourself.

Here's a video of me killing the same enemies over and over in the same outpost:

You can skip to 3:55 and start watching from there to get what I mean. Playing on PC btw.

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

This is actually the most pointless addition. Just get a Sniper Rifle, slot it with anti-armor mods - and you can clear out everyone regardless of what "Ammo Type" they are weak to.

That is pretty much what I was pointing out. It's a useless system and I just upgrade my ammo to AP rounds as soon as I want to use a new gun.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

9 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Mediocre? This is one of the best looking best games of the year along with Biomutant and Kena. Sure FC6 has some texture issue in some parts, otherwise it is beautiful. I loved the game, much more lighter tone compared to the previous one. Gameplay is more like Borderlands meets Just Cause 3.

I love Spanish music, so yeah that's another plus for me.

Yep, can't say it's mediocre. Watching these games on videos and actually playing this on your television can figure out the difference and it's day and night. I'm playing kena and it's thousands times better between whatt I've seen in videos and screenshots and what I'm experiencing personally.